Solarium Bistro - Harmony

poocher

Is the Bistro open now on Harmony?  I’m looking at our dining options for May and I can’t find in in the app under restaurants.  It’s in my CP to reserve (it’s a complementary dining option yes?) but no menu there.  Does anyone have access to menus?

If it is available to book in your cruise planner, then it is available on the ship. However, it has never shown up on the app until we were actually on board. We ate there several times on our October B2B on Harmony, and they have both the buffet for your sides and a main menu for your entrees. The food was excellent BTW.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

I can see the menu in the app along with venue operating hours.

So can I when I pull up Harmony's current sailing.

The complimentary main courses are Roasted Atlantic salmon (which they will cook to your desired level of doneness); Filet of Snapper; Half roasted chicken; and Lamb Tagine. We had all four and they were all great. They also have the whole main lobster for $29.95 ( I had mine broiled and it was outstanding) and the Chop's filet for$16.95.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, poocher said:

Got it.  Silly me thinking I could pull up next week’s sailing & see it.

The app info gets more accurate/complete closer to sailing - that's why if you want the most accurate/complete, look at the current sailing, with the caveat that the info may not be the same on your (or other future) sailing.

• Like 2

I sure hope the Bistro is open on all sailing where it is supposed to be.  I really like the Bistro and the Baklava they have.  On the Symphony, several years ago, the Bistro, during the evening hours had an option that was like a Brazilian Steak house, like Fogo De Chao.  I sure hope they come back to that if they haven't.  If they haven't, it is probably one of those cutbacks that we will never see again.   

Generally, I skip any main and just eat off the buffet apps, salads and sides.  But last time I tried the Lamb Tagine. (this was new since my previous visits). 

DE.LI.CI.OUS.

Then the next time, I asked for double tagine and no chop.  PERFECT.

I have also been known to just drop by for some takeout baklava.  😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

On the Symphony, several years ago, the Bistro, during the evening hours had an option that was like a Brazilian Steak house, like Fogo De Chao. 

That is the way the Bistro is reconfigured in the evening on Allure as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

That is the way the Bistro is reconfigured in the evening on Allure as well.

When you say "is", does that mean that it is currently set up like that?  I damn sure hope so.  We are on the Allure Jan 2024.  If it "is", I hope they don't change it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

When you say "is", does that mean that it is currently set up like that?  I damn sure hope so.  We are on the Allure Jan 2024.  If it "is", I hope they don't change it.  

It has been that way as long as we have been sailing on Allure. It is called the Samba Grill.

Edited by orville99

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It has been that way as long as we have been sailing on Allure. It is called the Samba Grill.

Kewl beans!  Thanks for making my day a much better one and giving me something to look forward to.  I hope!

3 minutes ago, poocher said:

So might it be Samba Grill on Harmony too?  Embarrassed to admit I had to google Brazilian Steakhouse but it looks pretty cool.  

I really like the Ribeye on the sword.  You are supposed to say "STOP" when they have sliced what/the amount you want.  I'm a very quit guy LOL.  

Only issue, the Gauchos, or whatever they are supposed to be, don't come around as quickly as I'd like.  Very slow in fact.

20 minutes ago, poocher said:

Anything else I should know about it?  Specialty sides? Desserts?

Nope, just the steak, sausage, chicken, et al, on the sword.  Everything else is off the buffet, as I remember it.  

3 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Correction * Correction * Correction

I'm cruising on the Harmony in Jan 2024.  Damn.  

I hope the same configuration exists on her.

1 minute ago, poocher said:

That doesn’t sound like a steakhouse ☹️☹️

No, but it's not really a steakhouse anyway.  It's the Bistro with an added feature.  If you didn't already know about it, you'd probably not know it exists.  

32 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

This is from the Allure, royalcarribean.com site:

image.png.617167d09b8aaa76949535aedaa8c64c.png

We ate at the Samba Grill last October.   I really enjoyed it.

The website makes it confusing.   If someone hadn't cruised Allure they would think Bistro and Samba Grill were two different locations. What makes it interesting is the page you posted includes dinner.  I looked up the current cruise on the app and Bristo does not show dinner.  It is different every day. It's either lunch, brunch or breakfast. 

image.thumb.png.4d6906e2611cbe9840bed77ea687341b.png

• Like 1