They took my cabin away

cruisinmeme

One time on Princess we booked a guarantee cabin and loved our cabin assignment. Then it changed. And changed again. And three or four days before sailing it changed yet again… to a glorious balcony on the starboard side midship. We had thrown our hands up at that point… but it turned out great. BTW, that was the Caribbean Princess out of NYC after Hurricane Sandy. I’ll cross my fingers that you end up with something just as awesome. 

Recently I played cabin roulette and had to spin the wheel a 2nd time.

For my upcoming cruise on the 16th of January i booked  guaranteed stateroom.

Booked my voyage in early November. Received and offer to bid for an upgrade but declined to bid.

Nov 18th: Purchase voyage for Jan 16th in guaranteed stateroom

Nov 20th: Bid upgrade received (declined bidding)

Nov 23rd: Cabin assignment appeared on my account

Dec 15th: Cabin assignment switch back to guaranteed

Dec 20th: Cabin assignment appeared and now in same category but now on mirrored opposite side (ie starboard side instead of original port side).

I imagine these things just happen. NBD.

Safe travels,

- WYB

Edited by WYB!

10 hours ago, PugsRuleATL said:

One time on Princess we booked a guarantee cabin and loved our cabin assignment. Then it changed. And changed again. And three or four days before sailing it changed yet again… to a glorious balcony on the starboard side midship. We had thrown our hands up at that point… but it turned out great. BTW, that was the Caribbean Princess out of NYC after Hurricane Sandy. I’ll cross my fingers that you end up with something just as awesome. 

I did receive a cabin number yesterday. Totally ok with it (13th deck rather than 14th deck) hope i did not waste my printer ink printing the luggage tag to fast. Lol  

8 hours ago, WYB! said:

Recently I played cabin roulette and had to spin the wheel a 2nd time.

For my upcoming cruise on the 16th of January i booked  guaranteed stateroom.

Booked my voyage in early November. Received and offer to bid for an upgrade but declined to bid.

Nov 18th: Purchase voyage for Jan 16th in guaranteed stateroom

Nov 20th: Bid upgrade received (declined bidding)

Nov 23rd: Cabin assignment appeared on my account

Dec 15th: Cabin assignment switch back to guaranteed

Dec 20th: Cabin assignment appeared and now in same category but now on mirrored opposite side (ie starboard side instead of original port side).

I imagine these things just happen. NBD.

Safe travels,

- WYB

Well now that is twisted. Hope they keep me put. I had a new cabin number  yesterday. 13th deck rather than the 14th deck like they originally had me on. They did give me a cabin that is one of those that you can share with a neighbor.  Thought that was a bit crazy since i am solo.

really hope no more surprises. I am too old to be learning the new cabin number every few days.

If one books a guarantee rate cabin, the cabin assigned can be changed up to the time one checks in at the pier without any notification.

Don't worry, the cabin steward of your final cabin assignment will track down your luggage if you checked them with the porters with incorrect luggage tags.

2 hours ago, Homosassa said:

If one books a guarantee rate cabin, the cabin assigned can be changed up to the time one checks in at the pier without any notification.

Don't worry, the cabin steward of your final cabin assignment will track down your luggage if you checked them with the porters with incorrect luggage tags.

That's good to know as I once almost gave a wrong cabin number when we had been moved, (Princess not NCL). Luckily DW was with me and corrected me.