Classic Non-alcoholic Package is Gone!

LB_NJ

25 minutes ago, helenb said:

The soda and water packages are gone too. The new package is a huge increase from the soda package we normally get.

At the new prices I will just go ala carte and carry on some water and soda. I just don't drink enough of anything to justify the prices.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

At the new prices I will just go ala carte and carry on some water and soda. I just don't drink enough of anything to justify the prices.

I agree. That's likely what we will do on future cruises. Fortunately, our soda packages are still valid on our cruise next week.

11 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is it’s a glitch when updating the packaging pricing and will be offered again sooner than later

Don't think so.  Look at the FAQs and the website list of drink packages.  They have just three listed: Classic Alcohol, Premium, and Zero Proof.

They are forcing those who want packages into higher priced ones.

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/int/things-to-do-onboard/cruise-activities/Art/non-alcoholic-packages

it’s still available for now on the site but it isn’t an option for my next sails cruise planner…Time will tell

The Premium Non-Alcoholic Package is still available, it was just renamed Zero Proof with a list price of $30 pp/pd.

Zero Proof Package

Refresh with premium bottled water from Evian, Perrier, San Pellegrino, & Panna, Specialty Coffees & Organic Teas, Red Bull Energy Drink, Frozen Smoothies, Zero Proof Cocktails, Coca-Cola selections, offerings from Vitamin Water, and Bottled Iced Teas. 

55 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is it’s a glitch when updating the packaging pricing and will be offered again sooner than later

Probably a good guess as we all know that they *rarely* get any update right the first time...

And, as usual, it will cause us pain and it will cost Celebrity revenue...

Edited by dlh015

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Don't think so.  Look at the FAQs and the website list of drink packages.  They have just three listed: Classic Alcohol, Premium, and Zero Proof.

They are forcing those who want packages into higher priced ones.

I think they are making the AI rate more attractive when compared to buying a drink package.  

• Like 2

Guest 4-2-N-8
3 hours ago, helenb said:

The soda and water packages are gone too. The new package is a huge increase from the soda package we normally get.

I plan to snake a hose over my balcony to the water.

I'll then run my mini water pump to pull water up into my room, at which point I'll route the water through my portable, carry-on desalination machine.

I'll have all the water I want! 

That'll show 'em who's boss (of drink packages. And desal machines)!

With this in consideration, will those with a classic alcoholic package be able to receive everything in the zero proof package? Previously, it has not included smoothies, redbull, aquapana (?) and vitamin water and only included the selection available in the classic non alcoholic.  

16 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

I'll then run my mini water pump to pull water up into my room, at which point I'll route the water through my portable, carry-on desalination machine.

I know you're joking, but I'd love to have a portable desalination machine... 😉

Guest 4-2-N-8
4 minutes ago, helenb said:

I know you're joking, but I'd love to have a portable desalination machine... 😉

It uses 10,000 watts of power. 

They'll never notice.

Guest 4-2-N-8
3 minutes ago, helenb said:

I'm sure that can easily be powered by the solar panels on the roofs of the tender boats. 😉

Who needs to go green?!

I'll run my power strip off the hallway plugs!

5 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Now really!  I don’t remember seeing you at the Comedy Club union meetings.  🥸

We've just booked a cruise from Southampton for 2023. The only rooms that were advertised as AI were Aqua class and Retreat and when you log into your booking there is no option for non-alcoholic/water packages. Saying that, there are no options for the spa either.

We've ruled out all packages for our cruise, simply couldn't justify spending an additional (£159.92) £2,079 plus 20% gratuities (new prices with 9% off) on a classic package, we just wouldn't drink that many drinks. I'd rather use it for another cruise.

With RCI (for as long as I can remember) you've had to buy packages for everyone in a room, obviously to stop sharing. They have also changed the time that Diamond members 4 free daily drinks starts each day. So instead of 12 midnight each day it renews at 5am each day. They make out it's what guests want but I bet it's not.

12 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Since they already have free desalinate water , maybe bring a soda stream machine and a still 😄

can you bring a soda stream on the ship 🤔
glade we have packages on the next two TAs in 2023 , we will have rethink things for 2024 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

Guest 4-2-N-8
3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Since they already have free desalinate water , maybe bring a soda stream machine and a still 😄

can you bring a soda stream on the ship 🤔
glade we have packages on the next two TAs in 2023 , we will have rethink things for 2024 

While I like your idea, it isn't complicated enough.

After all, I need more to gripe about. 🦖

I called Celebrity reservations today about the drink package pricing. They stated that the "cruise only" fare now includes unlimited water, sodas, and non alcoholic specialty coffees.
Just to be sure, I called back, got a different person, and they stated the same thing. Hope it's true. 🙂