Premium Dessert Package

Shelly97060

12 minutes ago, dog said:

IMO- fitness classes should be for all- included in the cruise fare.  They are stripping away the we all have had access to in the past.

As I said- if people are willing to pay- they will keep asking for more money.

These packages are for drinkers of alcohol.

Fitness classes have never been free. Working out on your own has always been free

5 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I would be willing trade my premium desserts with someone who doesn’t want their fitness classes. But I don’t imagine that could be arranged. 

Just trade Medallions at the times you want to switch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, memoak said:

Fitness classes have never been free. Working out on your own has always been free

Other lines, I have participated in. So these are different for Princess- enjoy them if you pay.

8 hours ago, dog said:

IMO- fitness classes should be for all- included in the cruise fare.  They are stripping away the we all have had access to in the past.

As I said- if people are willing to pay- they will keep asking for more money.

These packages are for drinkers of alcohol.

I will get good value from the beverages.  That makes Plus worthwhile for me. But dessert means nothing to me. In the best of all possible worlds, everything would be free.  Next best would be a cafeteria plan that allows me to purchase extra fitness classes and not pay for the desserts.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 6:57 AM, PescadoAmarillo said:

I would pay for that in a heartbeat. Don’t need the drinks or the desserts, don’t want the exercise classes,  but I would love to have a reserved seat in the Princess Theater so that I could enjoy a more leisurely dinner, and coffee afterward, and not have to eat fast and then spend 30 to 45 minutes holding a seat awaiting the start of a show. 

How good do you think these reservations will be?

15 minutes before show time, or when the other seats are full, there will be a free-for-all for them. I find it hard to think they will have a premier seat Marshall in place to safeguard the seats and check the credentials of passengers claiming them. 

46 minutes ago, arxcards said:

How good do you think these reservations will be?

15 minutes before show time, or when the other seats are full, there will be a free-for-all for them. I find it hard to think they will have a premier seat Marshall in place to safeguard the seats and check the credentials of passengers claiming them. 

When we go on 2-3 cruises within the same year the shows are repeats. The first time it would be nice to have a seat of our choice without rushing through dinner. After that we would not go.

Another thing with packages- elite wifi discount is useless.

As the drinkers have pointed out they get their money’s worth with 3 alcoholic drinks per day.  I never have more then 2-3 of them on a 7 day cruise.

1 hour ago, dog said:

When we go on 2-3 cruises within the same year the shows are repeats. The first time it would be nice to have a seat of our choice without rushing through dinner. After that we would not go.

As the drinkers have pointed out they get their money’s worth with 3 alcoholic drinks per day.  I never have more then 2-3 of them on a 7 day cruise.

I have to remind my wife that just because it says 15, it isn't a challenge. I do like the packages as they were. For us, it is not necessarily about maxing value, but not having to look at your watch while using internet or not checking your folio to decide if you are going to have another cocktail or coffee. I hate budgeting and rationalizing while I am on holidays.

I am not a fan of the new packages, which are just bloated with imaginary value. Yay, eat an exorbitant dessert, then show up for aerobics the next morning to feel better about yourself. Yay, get prime seats for a 2nd rate show.

That said, Plus is still really good value for us, and for all the dissatisfaction about the new pricing of Princess specialty restaurants, it is nothing compared to what some of the other lines are charging now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dog said:

It is not a seat of your choice,

It is a seat that may be still available when you get there in a section that is in a location of Princess' choice. 

Since the size of the reserved section is smaller than the number of people who will be eligible to sit there, you may have to eat extra fast to get a seat in that section at all.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 11:19 PM, caribill said:

It is a seat that may be still available when you get there in a section that is in a location of Princess' choice. 

Since the size of the reserved section is smaller than the number of people who will be eligible to sit there, you may have to eat extra fast to get a seat in that section at all.

This is what they call reserved seating?

My understanding of a reservation is that one makes arrangements in advance and is assured of having a seat, typically a specific one. The right to scramble with many other people over seats in an inadequately furnished section is not what I would call a reservation.

29 minutes ago, shorne said:

My understanding of a reservation is that one makes arrangements in advance and is assured of having a seat, typically a specific one. The right to scramble with many other people over seats in an inadequately furnished section is not what I would call a reservation.

No, individuals do not have a reservation.

It is just a group of seats available for anyone who has the status to use them.

1 hour ago, shorne said:

It's the exact same set up on other cruise lines that have a specific number of seats set aside and marked by seat tops or a roped off area, usually for those people in top suite accommodations such as the Haven on NCL.  On Princess at least someone staying in a basic inside cabin  can have their seat in the reserved section by only paying the premium package upgrade.

A specific seat can't be reserved.  It's not like the seats in the theater are marked like section B, row 1 seats 1-2.

The propaganda for the «Premium» package says:

Reserved theater seating
(for production shows only)

A reasonable interpretation of that—I would say the only reasonable interpretation—is that one can reserve a seat. I never would have understood it to mean that a handful of seats—not enough for everyone entitled to them—would be cordoned off and the devil would take the hindmost.

3 hours ago, shorne said:

The propaganda for the «Premium» package says:

Reserved theater seating
(for production shows only)

A reasonable interpretation of that—I would say the only reasonable interpretation—is that one can reserve a seat. I never would have understood it to mean that a handful of seats—not enough for everyone entitled to them—would be cordoned off and the devil would take the hindmost.

How's this for a solution....don't buy the premium package if you're going to get your panties all in a bunch over a case of semantics. 

You are assuming that you can reserve a seat ahead of time like you're going to a concert or sporting event that has a section, row and seat number attached when in fact it's a section that is reserved for premium package holders.

• Like 2