Premium Dessert Package

Shelly97060

1 minute ago, Oakman58 said:

It is included with the Princess Plus package and the Princess Premier has unlimited premium desserts.

I just booked a cruise today with the Princess Plus Package and will get 2 premium desserts per day.

Correct the desserts are included with Plus and Premier, the stand alone package was added for people who choose Princess Standard fare.

• Like 2

When I saw mention of premium desserts I wasn’t picturing gelato sundaes…I thought they were going the route of making fancier desserts like Chocolate Journeys the “premium” desserts.

A couple theories…

Their aim is to encourage spending by creating FOMO

In order to convince us that the new Princess Plus and Princess Premier are worth the money, they put a price on the premium desserts.

and two opinions…

If we have Live From threads with cruisers who can easily drink their 15 alcohols per day, with pictures of each cocktail, might we not have future Live Froms or trip reports from cruisers who eat two Premium Desserts per day (or more, if they have Princess Premier…

It seems to me the dessert package might only appeal to someone who doesn’t eat in the MDRs.  The lunch menus have several flavors of made on board ice cream and the dinner menus have make your own sundaes consistently.  Even the less fancy shops without a Gelateria still have free soft serve.

• Like 4

I see many are thinking the same as me with the above comments.

If people buy all these extras they will keep them.

I eventually gave in and purchased Crown Grill & Sabatinis when They were not included in a promotion, but I am now done with supporting this.

I made my 2024 booking with Princess because of the low deposit, FCD, ports, ability to refare for price drops, pre buy water, elite perks, allowance to bring on wine, can soda, self serve laundry, and the familiarity I enjoy with this cruise line.

I am ok with crew appreciation increasing and basic fares increasing, but “ all this jazz” is not for me.  The desserts & fitness must have them laughing in the halls!

• Like 12

2 hours ago, dog said:

I am ok with crew appreciation increasing and basic fares increasing, but “ all this jazz” is not for me.  The desserts & fitness must have them laughing in the halls!

But you do not have to participate in "all this jazz" if you do not want to. Just buy the standard fare, and then pay everything else on a payg basis.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

But you do not have to participate in "all this jazz" if you do not want to. Just buy the standard fare, and then pay everything else on a payg basis.

You bet!!!

I have currently booked the standard fare for my two cruises with Princess.

• Like 1

we will continue to book PLUS at $60 - and in my mind $40 is for beverages.  My wife may have a dessert or 2 - maybe.  she will average about 4 alcohol drinks - mojito, glass(s) of wine, dunes martini, maybe a malibu and coke.  I'll have a few(s) beers, a few(s) glasses of wine, and maybe a single malt.

throw in some coffees, waters ...

we don't have a lot of OBC, so PLUS still works for us

• Like 6

11 hours ago, candycaramel said:

The Specialty Restaurants options are basically the Premium Food Package.

I was thinking more along the lines of an upgraded food package for the entire cruise. The specialty restaurants are a one time, or for some more than that, experience that is still affordable for us peasants.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, voljeep said:

we will continue to book PLUS at $60 - and in my mind $40 is for beverages.  My wife may have a dessert or 2 - maybe.  she will average about 4 alcohol drinks - mojito, glass(s) of wine, dunes martini, maybe a malibu and coke.  I'll have a few(s) beers, a few(s) glasses of wine, and maybe a single malt.

throw in some coffees, waters ...

we don't have a lot of OBC, so PLUS still works for us

Which is our position as well.

If Princess stopped offering the Plus package, we would no longer cruise with them, as the total cost of the cruise would be beyond our budget, unless we stopped drinking [and that ain't happening !]

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Doug R. said:

I was thinking more along the lines of an upgraded food package for the entire cruise.

That is how it will work when Sun begins to operate.  Certain cabin classes will have upgraded dining options that are unavailable to people in lower category cabins.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FritzG said:

What’s next?  A charge for sharp knives in the dining room?

Never happen.  That implies that for the base fare you would be getting food of substance that requires a knife.  For that level of dining, you will already be paying a premium.  The Base Fare will come with porridge and gruel, and no sharp implements will be necessary.  

Poverty Food - TV Tropes

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, dog said:

You bet!!!

I have currently booked the standard fare for my two cruises with Princess.

Prior to beverage packages we had ridiculous bills in leaving the ship. Those of us you use 6-10 drinks a day make out well with the plus package. Even at $8 per drink for basic cocktails we would be paying a fortune if we paid drink by drink. Not to even mention grats and wifi

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, memoak said:

Prior to beverage packages we had ridiculous bills in leaving the ship. Those of us you use 6-10 drinks a day make out well with the plus package. Even at $8 per drink for basic cocktails we would be paying a fortune if we paid drink by drink. Not to even mention grats and wifi

Listen,

I have no problem with whomever chooses to pay for it.

For me, I had Plus package on a 4 day cruise, in PH suite, as elite- I believe the price was the same as standard- which usually isn’t the case.

- the add on for my TA would be $2800 Canadian dollars for the two of us- plus package.

-elite wifi benefit is useless

-minibar set up covers any alcohol wanted

-pre purchase water at reasonable price

-desserts ice cream free

-fitness- walking around ships, ports

-excellent cameras for photos, packages in past

I stated my view- you stated yours.

Edited by dog
  • Like 6