Have stuff removed from cabin?

asmit4

before covid, I'd always request to the the fridge emptied with no problems.  On my one cruise since covid, there was no alcohol in the fridge.  Like reported above, there was just a couple of bottles of water for purchase.  I just moved them aside since there was plenty of room for me to put my waters and soda in there, but I'm sure if I had actually asked to have the fridge emptied it wouldn't have been a problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, asmit4 said:

I've read that in the Haven people have had stuff removed from the cabin. Can you do that in the regular cabins too? I don't want the coffee maker stuff taking up space and I would prefer our mini fridge cleared. 

I usually just stick it on the top shelf of the closet and forget about it 

5 hours ago, asmit4 said:

I've read that in the Haven people have had stuff removed from the cabin. Can you do that in the regular cabins too? I don't want the coffee maker stuff taking up space and I would prefer our mini fridge cleared. 

There are no coffee makers. And the minifridge, at most, has a carton of water which you can have moved or move yourself (that's what I did on my cruise last week). Not like you're going to the grocery store and stock up. But we kept getting fruit plates and strawberries which are better when chilled, so the water for purchase moved to the countertop. 

34 minutes ago, mafruc said:

What kind of coffee makers are provided (drip or Keurig-type) and do we have to bring our own coffee? We sail on our first cruise  on the Joy in 4 days.  

Coffee makers are provided on request. They are drip coffee makers. Your room steward will provide you with a complete setup and keep the coffee stocked. 

image.png.aae9fd5733a5be7d867fc297222e9e6b.png

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There are no coffee makers. And the minifridge, at most, has a carton of water which you can have moved or move yourself (that's what I did on my cruise last week). Not like you're going to the grocery store and stock up. But we kept getting fruit plates and strawberries which are better when chilled, so the water for purchase moved to the countertop. 

This is what was in our minifridge a week ago

image.png.1dda7d3a8f1067cc7fe9d99f4bb21542.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Items (even when it was a full minibar) are normally not removed from your cabin. They are normally placed in the closet or under the bed in a pillowcase. 

Interesting. I know the stewards removed everything from our rooms...unless there are secret closets! We checked out every single space, especially under the bed to ensure we didn't lose any socks or panties in our travels. I'll pay especially close attention in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Items (even when it was a full minibar) are normally not removed from your cabin. They are normally placed in the closet or under the bed in a pillowcase. 

I've also seen them put in that that stool under the desk.  the top of that stool flips up/off.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Interesting. I know the stewards removed everything from our rooms...unless there are secret closets! We checked out every single space, especially under the bed to ensure we didn't lose any socks or panties in our travels. I'll pay especially close attention in a couple of weeks.

I found emptied frig items in the drawer under the sofa 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1