Ambulance this morning

Cruise a holic

16 hours ago, njhorseman said:

It's similar to the need to know why a ship still hasn't left port at it's scheduled departure time. 😏

I wish I had a dollar for every thread I've seen that starts "The (fill in  the name of any ship) was supposed to depart at 4:30 and it's 4:55 but the ship is still in port" as if that signaled the possible start of a nuclear holocaust.

People seem to have nothing better to do.

On my last eastern Caribbean cruise there was a massive delay departing Tortola. I’d gone an excursion organised by another cruiser who then went wandering off at our last tour stop so we only just made it back to port for 1.20pm and the all aboard time was 1.30pm. One of the NCL excursions had some complications so there were lots of people late getting back to the pier, the queue for the gangway was half the length of the ship.  
I later heard the complications and delay were due to a guest having a bad fall on an excursion. That guest then died onboard in her sleep on the final night despite having been cleared by the medical personnel on the island.  

13 hours ago, J0Y0US said:

So you try to correct them with what the law became where as they were stating your input regarding why it was a thing in the first place was incorrect.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1305898/

"The primary purpose of the HIPAA rules is to protect health care coverage for individuals who lose or change their jobs."

Anyways I am moving on from this thread I was just interested in seeing what the issue was on the ship and hopefully the person is better or on the road to a full recovery.

Interesting.   Weird history to how that came to be in the US.  Most countries have similar laws that govern personal records (that happen to include medical records).  That includes countries like Canada and the UK where health care is single payer.   

In the case of NCL,  the ships are registered in the Bahamas so the laws of that country would apply.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 10:17 AM, weltek said:

Healthcare nerd alert! Sharing a fun fact: It actually was created to help people keep their health insurance when they change jobs. The privacy part was really an evolution out of the records digitization and sharing part of the act. It wasn't the intent of the act.

Another fun fact. The P does noes not stand for privacy!

• Thanks 1