Onboard grand Princess 21st of December till 22nd of January

On 12/27/2022 at 3:35 AM, yes!yes!yes! said:

I have photos of the smoked salmon in the dining room and the buffet. The buffet is in a smaller dish, but same amount , you get the bagel separately. I love smoked salmon. You can have as many as you want.

Thank you, great to hear! I also love smoked salmon!

23 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Other chairs in one5

20221227_071720.jpg

Thanks so much for all the detailed photos, really appreciate it. Trying to find a spot for scenic cruising that is somewhat protected from elements but also good for viewing.

Also great to know about salmon platter. Thank you!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LuckiePuris said:

Thanks so much for all the detailed photos, really appreciate it. Trying to find a spot for scenic cruising that is somewhat protected from elements but also good for viewing.

Also great to know about salmon platter. Thank you!

You will have a couple of days to pick a good spot. It will depend on the weather.

I think the one5 area on the starboard side is best. Toilets close by. Occasional drinks service. Very close  to the nicest smoking area (for mum) one floor down for buffet for snacks. Door to outside area for wake view and port side. Other door for outside starboard. 

26 minutes ago, LuckiePuris said:

I noticed two of the mains have an asterisk next to them - would you recall what this means please? Are they an additional surcharge? Thanks!

Nothing on the menu is additional charge.

I noticed the asterisk. Maybe it is because you can choose how you want those two dishes cooked, medium , rare etc. Or maybe they can be modified for fussy eaters. Not sure. I will try and remember to ask

1 hour ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Nothing on the menu is additional charge.

I noticed the asterisk. Maybe it is because you can choose how you want those two dishes cooked, medium , rare etc. Or maybe they can be modified for fussy eaters. Not sure. I will try and remember to ask

From memory, I believe the asterisk might refer to a generic warning about the dangers of eating undercooked seafood, perhaps even meats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RobinBancs said:

I'll have to start issuing a cease and desist notice for advertising One5 as a quiet place (j/k).

We're introverts and are always looking for the quiet places, and Skywalkers during the day was great on Golden.  One5 will be a necessity when we board.

Ok. We can keep it just between us

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, boeckli said:

That's just weird 😕

Maybe they're making up their own 'Trail mix' like you can buy at Coles et al. Or perhaps it's an alternative when feeling peckish during the day without resorting to chips or chocolate.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Maybe they're making up their own 'Trail mix' like you can buy at Coles et al. Or perhaps it's an alternative when feeling peckish during the day without resorting to chips or chocolate.

Could be to nibble on when she wakes up in the wee hours before breakfast.  I take a few oranges to my cabin and hand squeeze them for the same reason,  

Saw a lady with her husband in the  buffet take a load of the dried fruit/nuts pots to her table and empty them into zip lock  bags and put them in her handbag 

We once sat with a very elderly lady at breakfast who was vertically challenged who asked for extra tea bags from the dining room waiter.

She told us that she was collecting them to take home and she had difficulty reaching them in the buffet.

• Haha 1

Saw a lady with her husband in the  buffet take a load of the dried fruit/nuts pots to her table and empty them into zip lock  bags and put them in her handbag 

I used to take fruit and nuts when they were there at dinner time to bring back the next morning to add to my cereal.  Had trouble getting granola or museli so would add them to whatever cereal was available.  I couldn't fathom out  why they were not there at breakfast time like when I sailed on the Golden.  Even pepitas were only there in the evening.  I am lactose intolerant so steer clear of the yoghurt museli combinations.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I used to take fruit and nuts when they were there at dinner time to bring back the next morning to add to my cereal.  Had trouble getting granola or museli so would add them to whatever cereal was available.  I couldn't fathom out  why they were not there at breakfast time like when I sailed on the Golden.  Even pepitas were only there in the evening.  I am lactose intolerant so steer clear of the yoghurt museli combinations.

What I loved about Luminosa was you could find what you wanted to eat.  After a few early breakfasts at the buffet having melon, I found I could have banana and grapefruit at breakfast in the cafe.  I also loved that they had Indian at breakfast as well as dinner every day.  When I commented it was disappointing they didn't have any Asian, I discovered I could have Asian from the opposite side of the ship.  I thought the food on Luminosa was excellent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Could be to nibble on when she wakes up in the wee hours before breakfast.  I take a few oranges to my cabin and hand squeeze them for the same reason,  

You can openly take plateful of anything from the buffet back to your room, just sneaking it into bags and hiding them in your handbag is odd