Onboard grand Princess 21st of December till 22nd of January

5 minutes ago, Essence08 said:

Thank you for that. No letters yet so must still be below tier 2. Ā 
Have had a great cruise. No complaints from us about anything.Ā 
for those following along/ we are just making our way into Port Chalmers. A very pretty entrance to the Port. First day of poor weather, going to need a jumper and rain coat.Ā 
princessĀ are running a return shuttle to Dunedin for $35pp.Ā 

Thanks for that. We were wondering if there was a shuttle. Had to pay for one last time I was here with royal Caribbean.

One thing I have noticed with Princess that wasn't the way with royal is that the guest performers do 2 shows. Then do another 2 shows a day or two later. Which is great when you enjoy a show. But tonight they have 2 shows again with the magician and 2 shows with the hypnotist. Both of which I can't stand. Luckily theĀ  band, solo guitaristĀ  and games show and music trivia will keep us going

1 hour ago, Essence08 said:

Thank you for that. No letters yet so must still be below tier 2. Ā 
Have had a great cruise. No complaints from us about anything.Ā 
for those following along/ we are just making our way into Port Chalmers. A very pretty entrance to the Port. First day of poor weather, going to need a jumper and rain coat.Ā 
princessĀ are running a return shuttle to Dunedin for $35pp.Ā 

If you have spare time, I think Port Chalmers is a lovely little town to walk around. Ā Port Chalmers' The Portside is a great old historic pub and Careys Bay historic hotel, Careys Bay is well worth a visit.Ā 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

One thing I have noticed with Princess that wasn't the way with royal is that the guest performers do 2 shows. Then do another 2 shows a day or two later. Which is great when you enjoy a show. But tonight they have 2 shows again with the magician and 2 shows with the hypnotist. Both of which I can't stand. Luckily theĀ  band, solo guitaristĀ  and games show and music trivia will keep us going

It's the same on Holland America. One excellent and very popular group, CantarĆØ, did three shows which were all different. It's great if you've never seen that entertainer/group before but when they appear cruise after cruise it gets a bit boring. I wish the Carnival cruise lines would switch the entertainers between brands not just ships of one line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

If you have spare time, I think Port Chalmers is a lovely little town to walk around. Ā Port Chalmers' The Portside is a great old historic pub and Careys Bay historic hotel, Careys Bay is well worth a visit.Ā 

Yes, today we just had a nice walk around Port chalmers. Last time we were here we went into Dunedin. When I'mĀ  here in 2weeks time I will either do a day trip or go for a hike up to the lookout.

• Like 2

Had a lovely walk around town, enjoyed the market and local shops. My 4yr old walked up to the church then up to Lady Thorn dell. Would have kept going but the little ones legs were getting slower and slower.Ā 
last time I was here we did a wildlife tour.Ā 
looking forward to champagne balcony breakfast tomorrow for my wedding anniversary while cruising through the FiordlandĀ 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Essence08 said:

Had a lovely walk around town, enjoyed the market and local shops. My 4yr old walked up to the church then up to Lady Thorn dell. Would have kept going but the little ones legs were getting slower and slower.Ā 
last time I was here we did a wildlife tour.Ā 
looking forward to champagne balcony breakfast tomorrow for my wedding anniversary while cruising through the FiordlandĀ 

Wishing you a very happy anniversary tomorrow as you enjoy your champagne balcony breakfast whilst cruising through the fabulous Fiordland.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2022 at 1:07 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I hope she's not planning on taking it ashore at any ports.

My first thought!

I have seen people 'caught' by the little doggie with fruit, sandwiches etc for eating on their excursionsĀ šŸ˜¦

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

Do you order your meat well-done (aka ruined)?

If so, fair enough, I suppose.

If not, throw the kitchen brigade over board.

No I always order medium rare. There wasn't an option with that course, but was a little pink. There was gravy on top.

Ā