Azamara 2025 Itineraries - No Shore Excursions

Host Jazzbeau

I have been comparing New Zealand cruises for 2025.  Azamara has a World Cruise segment on Onward plus a separate cruise on Journey that have interesting itineraries – but no shore excursions are posted.  How do they expect people to evaluate the cruises without this vital information?  [I am comparing against Silversea, which has all the excursions posted for their 2025 itineraries.]

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I have been comparing New Zealand cruises for 2025.  Azamara has a World Cruise segment on Onward plus a separate cruise on Journey that have interesting itineraries – but no shore excursions are posted.  How do they expect people to evaluate the cruises without this vital information?  [I am comparing against Silversea, which has all the excursions posted for their 2025 itineraries.]

Its not unusual to be honest for Azamara.  You can look at the 2024 excursions, that gives you a lot of information but Grandma is right, especially in English speaking well developed countries few people use shore excursions and Azamara knows that so will not expect many to make a decision to purchase a cruise on the basis of the shorex offering.

The only trips in NZ you really need Azamara for are the ones involving chartered trains eg in Dunedin although sadly for now that train is mothballed but may be back by the time you go

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s really too far out to post any excursions as most tour providers don’t plan that far out.  In the past, Azamara did post some excursions which would end up disappearing closer to sailing.  It would also be very difficult to put an accurate price on anything that far out.  
Our 2024 cruises don’t have any excursions posted yet either.  

Edited by laurieb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We did Aus/NZ B2B and for the NZ cruise, all our shorex were private tours with small groups arranged on CC.   Some of our fellow cruisers used Viator and seemed to do some of the same things we were doing.  It was all easily arranged and reasonably priced.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The one that I would really need to know about is an overnight from Dunedin to Milford Sound. Silversea doesn't offer that.  I have seen tantalizing hints about it on some Azamara NZ itineraries but no details.  It could reduce the cost and length of the trip, because we are planning to fly in early and go to Queenstown on our own.

On 12/22/2022 at 10:24 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

I have seen tantalizing hints about it on some Azamara NZ itineraries but no details.

The Jan. 4, 2024 cruise out of Melbourne to Auckland on Journey also features that tantalizing description on the website.  I was curious and so wrote the Azamara Circle people, who responded that the Overland to Queenstown will not be included in that cruise.

3 minutes ago, Ithikan said:

The Jan. 4, 2024 cruise out of Melbourne to Auckland on Journey also features that tantalizing description on the website.  I was curious and so wrote the Azamara Circle people, who responded that the Overland to Queenstown will not be included in that cruise.

Thanks.  Another instance of the website lagging reality...