Holiday Enchantment of the Seas - Live 12/23/2022 to 12/30/2022

Rubyfisch

30 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

After dinner was the silent disco - so much fun, but I am beat ... Tomorrow is apparently another formal night ... I am not sure if we are having three or just doing two back to back ...

Normally it's night 2 and night 7 on an 8 night cruise.    We've done over a dozen cruise out of Baltimore on GR and EN and it's always night 2 and then the next to the last night (so night 11 on a 12 night, night 7 on an 8 night).  Who said tomorrow is another formal night?

15 minutes ago, BND said:

Normally it's night 2 and night 7 on an 8 night cruise.    We've done over a dozen cruise out of Baltimore on GR and EN and it's always night 2 and then the next to the last night (so night 11 on a 12 night, night 7 on an 8 night).  Who said tomorrow is another formal night?

It's a seven night cruise, so I would have thought two and six. But the paper cruise compass says tomorrow is formal. And the menu in the app (for what it's worth) for tomorrow is the normal night two menu.

38 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

When we did a Christmas cruise on another line, years ago, Christmas Eve was formal, as was Christmas Day.  Both nights were very festive.

That makes sense.  We've never cruised over Christmas so I wasn't thinking of that.

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

When we did a Christmas cruise on another line, years ago, Christmas Eve was formal, as was Christmas Day.  Both nights were very festive.

I was in Freedom for Christmas in 2017, and it was a normal formal night on the 24th and then a festive meal on the 25th. 

14 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

Of course - 3560. I'm really happy with it. I can post more pictures if there is anything you are curious about.

I'd loved to see more pics of your cabin.  I haven't been on the Enchantment in years.

• Like 1

This morning was another trip to Windjammer, followed by aqua aerobics in the Solarium. It's super fun, but surprisingly energetic. I'm totally doing it again if it's offered.

After that, I headed to the Spotlight Lounge for trivia. I ended up running into folks there and in the Schooner Bar. Broadway musical trivia was a lot of fun. After that, I went to the MDR for lunch. They did a brunch menu today from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Service was a bit scattered, but the food was good. The wedge salad is fantastic!

• Like 3

On 12/24/2022 at 10:50 PM, Rubyfisch said:

The show tonight was Frankie and the Dreamers. It was so, so good. They did a what I assume was a hybrid of their normal music and Christmas carols. Probably the best show I've seen on ship.

Would you PLEASE find out how long they are staying on the Enchantment?

• Like 1

Really enjoying following along.  Looks like you're having a great cruise.

Interesting photo of the bathroom as it doesn't seem like a typical Royal bathroom (aside from the waste bin).  Maybe that's a Vision class thing.  My first cruise was Grandeur but don't remember the layout.

5 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I re read the thread and cannot find out why you sailed at 9 am. 
Weather related ?

Thank you. 

Enjoying following you. 

The Coast Guard shut Chesapeake Bay from 3:00 am on December 23rd through 8:30 am on December 24 due to high wind.

On 12/24/2022 at 11:27 PM, BND said:

they have an additional one on holiday cruises. NYE is the same way. Unless the holiday lands on the normal formal night (2 and 7) then we get an extra one. 

25 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Interesting photo of the bathroom as it doesn't seem like a typical Royal bathroom (aside from the waste bin).  Maybe that's a Vision class thing.  My first cruise was Grandeur but don't remember the layout.

I am seriously having the best time. I know so other folks are having a issues with the heat and water in their rooms (it has been cold enough that pipes have frozen) and with with MDR, but I haven't had any issues.

I can't say I remember with any great detail other bathrooms I've been in on Royal, but this one feels very tiny ...

6 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

I am seriously having the best time. I know so other folks are having a issues with the heat and water in their rooms (it has been cold enough that pipes have frozen) and with with MDR, but I haven't had any issues.

I can't say I remember with any great detail other bathrooms I've been in on Royal, but this one feels very tiny ...

So awesome to hear you're having such a good time.  Oh no...sorry to hear about the heat and water issues.  Glad you are ok.

Oh, our bathrooms have always been tiny too...lol...it's just a different layout.  We always manage so not a big deal.

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

Having been on Enchantment recently, the bathroom looks exactly like ours. However, all the photos look narrower than reality, which I can tell from the bed size. It is much wider than shown in the photo, which makes me think it is just a photo element. No blame on the poster! At least by the time I see it, the translation skews reality a bit.  We always stay in a similar cabin, and find them quite suitable, even for two of us.

OP, I am enjoying your posts!  Please keep up the good work, but don't let it take away from your fun time!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rubyfisch said:

Re the heat: the few posts I've seen have been from folks on decks 7 and 8, which makes me think someone has not locked their balcony door, or has opened it too often. That messes with the heat in a number of surrounding cabins.

Dinner last night was surprisingly quiet and empty for a formal night (or just in general). I was alone at my table. My waiter (Neha) kept things moving for me, so it was only about 45 minutes.

Wedge salad (good, but not as good as at lunch):

PXL_20221226_011249785.thumb.jpg.0afbae6d5751ec71639ee55cca621fec.jpg

Cod (a little dry but tasty):

PXL_20221226_012821919.thumb.jpg.c1acb1607d06b55d20704ac1f49745d9.jpg

Souffle (amazing):

PXL_20221226_014304023.thumb.jpg.fd5e90ad1c5b6ef23059dae3c2b898d5.jpg

• Like 3