Reapply for Shareholder OBC?

minnesotasisu

I sent in my proof of shareholder credit a couple of weeks ago and I hadn't heard anything yet, however I did realize that even before I sent in my proof the Princess website was showing I had $250 OBC for my upcoming 14 day cruise. So the question is: did I have to reapply since they already knew I was a CCL shareholder from my last cruise?

43 minutes ago, minnesotasisu said:

I sent in my proof of shareholder credit a couple of weeks ago and I hadn't heard anything yet, however I did realize that even before I sent in my proof the Princess website was showing I had $250 OBC for my upcoming 14 day cruise. So the question is: did I have to reapply since they already knew I was a CCL shareholder from my last cruise?

Yes you do have to apply every cruise with a different booking number.

They are running about 21 days behind, they say.

• Like 1

Yep! As @justafemstates...you have to apply for each cruise.  It would be nice if it would carry over but I can understand that policy.  They don't know if perhaps you have since sold that stock.

I would send it in again.  I've emailed requests in for 2 cruises in the past week...I have them aleady showing up.  Did you get a confirming email that they received?  If not...definitely resend!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, minnesotasisu said:

While I did send my proof in, my $250 OBC shows up prior to me sending in proof... 

Never heard of that before.  Are you sure you didn’t have that booking number on a previous request?  They work it by booking numbers.  

2 hours ago, pompeii said:

Does that OBC specify that it's shareholder?  It will specifically say shareholder benefits.

It does say "shareholder benefits" under my onboard credit listing and it is the $250 amount that I would be entitled to (this showed up even before I sent my proof in)

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Never heard of that before.  Are you sure you didn’t have that booking number on a previous request?  They work it by booking numbers.  

We cruised early in 2022 but this cruise is for 2023

55 minutes ago, that said:

May I ask did you book the cruise 

with a Princess vacation planner?

No we did not.

As long as they are showing the credit (and I took a screen grab of it) I'm not going to worry about it too much

Edited by minnesotasisu
added info
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 10:56 AM, PacnGoNow said:

Yes you do have to apply every cruise with a different booking number.

They are running about 21 days behind, they say.

I sent my last request on Dec 23rd, showed up in my account on the 26th.

1 hour ago, Sybil66 said:

Our broker requested our OBC in November and it still hasn’t been allocated, all they have told me is that Princess have a backlog.  Is there a direct email address we can contact ourselves?

Yes. Email: sbpcl@princesscruises.com 

Fax: 16617530180

On 12/22/2022 at 12:30 PM, LeeW said:

Military shows up without requesting it but I can see that in my Princess account.  Shareholder requires that I send in the broker statement.

Just found out today your paper work for military benefits is only good for 10 years & then you have to resend, makes absolutely no sense at all.