richwmn Goes around the world in a daze

richwmn

27 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Rich, is there any way you can change your font? It's difficult to read your posts. Xx, Joy

I realize some readers are having trouble with the font, especially on a phone, but I like it on my ipad. As soon as I see the font, I know it is a new post from Rich!

• Like 7

Good morning from (soon) Cozumel, Mexico.

Last night I took a walk around and listened a bit to both Billboard and Rolling Stone. The performers in each venue seemed good and were a bit engaging. They each had a reasonable audience that they engaged with.

Today is a long day in Cozumel. We are scheduled to arrive at 11:00am and sail away is 10:30pm. Cozumel is a nice port call and I will be spending time with some residents.

Thursday is the first turn around day in Fort Lauderdale and I have to errands to run. Hopefully everything will go without a hitch.

Have a great day everyone.

Dec27-1.thumb.png.081a26bb099f7b07352423a5a4d6a3d1.png

Dec27-2.thumb.png.ba64e86e86ffb3762e4f68147036324e.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

On 12/24/2022 at 8:32 AM, richwmn said:

Yes, I am creating the posts in Libre Office using Times New Roman 14 pt. I am not sure if Cruise Critic is substituting another font, but I don’t think so.

Rich, can you add some leading, or space, between the lines? It isn't easy to read as it is, because the ascenders and descenders sometimes overlap, and the larger size type with serifs needs more, not less spacing between lines for readability. (Can you tell I studied typography and graphics?) 🙂

It's always nice to see another person blogging about the World Cruise. See you onboard!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

For those who asked for a font change, see if this is a little bit better.

This morning I posted the daily events, which started with a Trivia at 9:30. I was by myself and didn’t do well at all. Interesting questions, some of which I’m sure we will run into again.

The ship made her way to Cozumel with plenty of time to spare. We were cleared to go ashore about 15 minutes early (10:45am) and I was off shortly after that. I was picked up by a friend who lives in Cozumel and spent time there and had lunch at a nice local place. We then stopped by a local store and picked up a cable I forgot. Then it was back to the ship. While we were visiting, the rain came down pretty heavy for a bit, but by the time I walked from the car to the ship it was clear again.

This evening’s menus:

Dec27Lido.thumb.png.6114af141187d71582afea78009c2163.png

Dec27MDR-2.thumb.png.ea6b4c7f635406f36a0ec65f219c2955.png

Dec27MDR-1.thumb.png.87dbfc94e85e2366c7f9da583008a28f.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Rich, this new font is easier to read. I really like New Times Roman though. I’m glad you enjoyed Cozumel. Can you share the name of the restaurant you ate at?  By the way, was the water choppy?  We were there January 2015 and it was very rough. I heard that in January it is rougher. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Rich, this new font is easier to read. I really like New Times Roman though. I’m glad you enjoyed Cozumel. Can you share the name of the restaurant you ate at?  By the way, was the water choppy?  We were there January 2015 and it was very rough. I heard that in January it is rougher. 

The font is the same, I just adjusted the line spacing as suggested by Jo @WriterOnDeck

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

It is Tuesday evening and the first segment of this adventure is almost over. Overall, it has been a very good day.

Actually, from a standpoint of playing trivia, the day didn’t go to well. The first session was at 9:30 this morning and I was the only one that showed up. It was general trivia, but seemed pointed more to the younger guests and I didn’t do well. General trivia at 6:30 we did do better and we won. Next was movie trivia. This was held in the former Queens Lounge, now called Rolling Stone Lounge. It consisted of 25 pictures taken during the filming of movies, but not part of the movie. We didn’t win but did ok. Last was Disney movie music trivia. We listened to 16 snips of songs from Disney movies and had to answer with the song title and movie. With a total of 36 points possible, we got 9. I was no help at all on this one.

The show on the main stage tonight was the Comedy of Steven Scott. He is a very funny, clean comedian who got a great reaction from the audience. He grew up in New York City and a big part of the act revolves around that fact. He also played a pretty good piano, but maybe the best part was his sound effects. Everyone I talked to enjoyed the show.

We are still in Cozumel. All aboard is in just a few minutes and then we will be sailing off toward Fort Lauderdale. This will be a slightly different experience for me because I need to run a couple of errands in Fort Lauderdale. I usually just stay on the ship and go thru whatever procedure is called for. We’ll just have to see what happens.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

It is a bright, warm day on Zuiderdam today as we make our way back to Port Everglades. The sun was rising after I went to breakfast this morning. Service at breakfast was great as always.

20221228_142057.thumb.jpg.644c2d768ebf4017363d79c50ae61511.jpg

We have a full day of activities today, here they are:

Dec28-1.thumb.png.eab2d847a42995c084263fd9ac6e9dfd.png

Dec28-2.thumb.png.edab1421cb7ed0238186366dafb43c38.png

And today we got the form for Future Cruise Deposits:

FCD-1.thumb.png.b4df9014bd1fcfd3b10cc0e272083437.png

FCD-2.thumb.png.58715d111bb02a83b3fb9fa877a85488.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I just left the afternoon EXC talk in the Main Stage. Today was a presentation on radio and its uses. It was an interesting talk, with (of course) some missing information. But it was a good way to fill an hour. Kimberly is an enthusiastic speaker and the time went quickly.

Later today will be trivia. No real preparations for tomorrow. I do need to leave the ship for a while and hopefully that will be easy. I do hope it is a nice day tomorrow.

Tonight’s menus for your pleasure

Dec28MDR-2.thumb.png.b4f2844b2311d7e8591bd659ce926011.png

Dec28MDR-1.thumb.png.fa548f7de735268486ede4e53d0a4e5d.png

Dec28Lido.thumb.png.891286e3f3017d59678d3807a87401ee.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

It is Wednesday evening on Zuiderdam. It is nice seeing all the luggage in the passageway and know that I don’t have to get off the ship tomorrow. Earlier this evening I got the sticker and book for this segment. The tile came earlier this week.

I attended the 4:30 trivia along with @Scrapnana and some others. Overall we did pretty good, getting a majority of the questions right. Sandra of the activity staff is doing most of the trivia sessions and is having fun doing it.

After trivia was over Kathy said she was going to eat at the Pinnacle Grill alone so I asked if she would like company. We met at the Grill and had a very nice dinner together. Just like most dinners when there is good company and conversation it lasted a while and we missed the 6:00 pm science and nature trivia. We did make it to the 9:00 pm Motown Music trivia and did rather well with that one. It was billed as Motown, but maybe 1/3 of the songs were not Motown but were at least the correct time frame.

I stayed in Billboard for a short while after trivia and listened to a couple of songs performed by Kaia and David. They are both talented musicians with good voices. The show was enjoyable.

Tomorrow morning is Fort Lauderdale and errands.

@Hygge!I haven't seen a schedule for tomorrow so I don't know yet.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1