Dining Option Price Increases

Don9992

On 12/25/2022 at 7:24 AM, CruizinSusan70 said:

The steakhouse at 39.00 pp is a bargain compared to Celebrity, Carnival, & Royal.  Even more so compared to NCL and MSC, whose steakhouses are a la carte.

Dennys is a bargain compared to Mortons steakhouse 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 2:35 PM, WonderMan3 said:

7. Can the complimentary specialty dining dinner on embarkation for suites be reserved in advance? Or do you even need to? Are any restaurants excluded?

On 12/25/2022 at 4:04 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Click on DMW, find the date, add reservations…you should see 

Main dining room and specialty restaurants…

I’ve booked them more than a year out.

OK, I'm on the app trying to book the complimentary specialty dinner on embarkation day (we are in a suite).   It says the cost is $39 for adults in the Crown Grill and $35 for adults in Sabatinis.   Since this dinner is supposed to be complimentary, how do I make a reservation at one of these restaurants without getting charged?  

35 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

OK, I'm on the app trying to book the complimentary specialty dinner on embarkation day (we are in a suite).   It says the cost is $39 for adults in the Crown Grill and $35 for adults in Sabatinis.   Since this dinner is supposed to be complimentary, how do I make a reservation at one of these restaurants without getting charged?  

When we were in a Suite, I booked it on the DMW as if I was going to pay for it.  It went through with the reservation and at the end it said zero balance.  Now, that was a few months ago.  Many changes on the App.  Maybe someone recently has done this?

Before that, we waited until OB, no problem at all getting reservations on the dine line, as a suite guest.  Or your concierge, if you have one on your ship will book it for you.  No worries 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rungee said:

Does anyone know if Princess offers a specialty dining package like some other cruise lines, where you get 3 meals or 5 meals, for example, at a reduced package price?

No they dont.  The venues are usually extremely busy, so no need to offer promotions.

• Haha 1

One thing we haven't tried is specialty dining.  We did not go to the free specialty dining on the embarkation night that came with the booking.  Not really free there is a price cap if read carefully.  It has nothing about affordability, we are glad we are not picky eaters.

Edited by CeCe_

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2022 at 2:24 AM, CruizinSusan70 said:

The steakhouse at 39.00 pp is a bargain compared to Celebrity, Carnival, & Royal.  Even more so compared to NCL and MSC, whose steakhouses are a la carte.

On 12/28/2022 at 3:27 PM, antsp said:

Dennys is a bargain compared to Mortons steakhouse 

Have you dined at the steakhouses on Celebrity, Carnival, Royal and NCL as well as Princess.  I have and the costs involved are more at the other four even if Princess is now charging 39.  

On 1/7/2023 at 4:01 AM, CeCe_ said:

One thing we haven't tried is specialty dining.  We did not go to the free specialty dining on the embarkation night that came with the booking.  Not really free there is a price cap if read carefully.  It has nothing about affordability, we are glad we are not picky eaters.

I’m not sure what you mean about a price cap. Where did you read that?