Dining Option Price Increases

Don9992

I pulled up the Princess site today and took a look at Dining Options for our January21 cruise on the Discovery.  I could swear the last time I looked the balcony breakfast cost $45 and dinner was $100.  Today they were $50 and $110, respectively.  I hadn't heard about a price increases. 

2 hours ago, Don9992 said:

I pulled up the Princess site today and took a look at Dining Options for our January21 cruise on the Discovery.  I could swear the last time I looked the balcony breakfast cost $45 and dinner was $100.  Today they were $50 and $110, respectively.  I hadn't heard about a price increases. 

It was the old price last week.  They’ve been doing price changes since Dec 14th.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

More reason to book a suite.  First night complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant.

Book a suite at twice the price of a balcony cabin to save $40 each !

Interesting economics.

If you can afford a cruise,  $40 for a speciality restaurant should not be a problem. It's not as if it is compulsory to eat there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The steakhouse at 39.00 pp is a bargain compared to Celebrity, Carnival, & Royal.  Even more so compared to NCL and MSC, whose steakhouses are a la carte.

I think right now it is priced accordingly for the quality of the food. I probably won't pay more for that meal when prices go up. I don't know the quality of food served on the other lines as it has been awhile since I have been on the other lines.

29 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Interesting economics.

If you can afford a cruise,  $40 for a speciality restaurant should not be a problem. It's not as if it is compulsory to eat there.

Sorry if my sarcasm didn't come off as light hearted and humorous.  My friends have to teach me more about sarcasm (Sheldon).

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

How close to embarkation date before we will be able to book our specialty dining on the app?

I have a cruise in April, and just went to the app, chose Dine my way, chose Explore Dining options, and it said "Please check back closer to your journey date to use this feature".  Or did I went to the wrong place on the app?

14 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

How close to embarkation date before we will be able to book our specialty dining on the app?

I have a cruise in April, and just went to the app, chose Dine my way, chose Explore Dining options, and it said "Please check back closer to your journey date to use this feature".  Or did I went to the wrong place on the app?

Click on DMW, find the date, add reservations…you should see 

Main dining room and specialty restaurants…

I’ve booked them more than a year out.

On 12/24/2022 at 1:29 PM, memoak said:

Wait till you see the prices for Sabatini’s ($35) and Crown Grille ($39). If course these are per person

My app still shows Crown Grill and Bistro Sur La Mer at $29 and Sabatini's at $25.

Well isn't this nice!! When I booked my Australia cruise for September 2020 & pay it off, I just rolled it forward. Then I was on Majestic Princess and was changed (redeployment) 3×. Also holding the same price & perks. Wonder what my $29 Specialty Dining Perk will be worth in April 2024 😅🤣😂

Edited by Ombud

On board Emerald now.  Food portions have been made smaller, but one can order multiple items with no upcharge.  Very short of staff with organizational issues in dining and tendering.  Long lines to get seated and dinner ofter 2+ hours with slow service.  Terrible planning on tendering.  Hundreds in line and hours to disembark.   Very chaotic.

Specialty dining so far disappointing.  Happy to pay a few more dollars, but sadly received cold or poor food in both Crown and Sabatinis. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Interesting economics.

9 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Spend hundreds and hundreds more for a 78.00 dinner for two.🤔🤔🤔

They'll always be a few people willing to spend the money, thats for sure,  but I wonder if it'll be sufficient to keep them in business for the long term?