Morning Room service - is there a charge for coffee?

BarbieGee

33 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

When I ordered my morning coffee and pastries the night before, I would give them a specific time for delivery.  I would hear a light knock on my door and they would pass the tray to me.  Then I would tip them in cash.  Sometimes they would have me sign a receipt (no charge on it) and sometimes no receipt.  My understanding is that if you don't answer the door, they don't leave the tray.  Room Service would call and try to reschedule.  Hope that helps!

Yes! all these personal experiences do help and I appreciate them all. 🥰

50 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

I would assume, then, that pre-ordering breakfast coffee etc the evening before would be best? Hopefully they at least knock before they leave your tray? (do they leave your tray at your door?)

You can tell how much a newbie I am 😶

Have heard on here that most ships aren't allowing guests to call in breakfast orders the night before. You must call in when you want it, and they deliver it shortly. Since it's all pretty much pre-made, delivery is reasonably quick. YMMV.

• Like 1

Just got off the MG this past weekend, as I am an early riser I would call when I got up around 6 am for coffee carafe and pastaries/bagels and the tray was delivered anywhere from 10-20 mins later.  No auto grat or delivery fee added but we tipped of course.  No issues with waiting too long or with order the whole week.  

• Like 1

I mentioned this earlier but it deserves repeating for the OP. There is a good chance you will be told by the room service department they no longer take pre-orders the evening before for next day deliveries. This happened to us twice shortly after the discontinuation of the door hanger menus. Procedures can and do change of course so as I mentioned originally YMMV. We were told no on Panorama and Magic and daughter was told no on Radiance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2022 at 2:49 PM, Rudyard said:

If you don't want to wait, what I did was before our last cruise I bought a small thermos. Big enough to hold about three average cups of coffee. I'd head up to the Lido, fill it up, grab a couple of coffee cups and head back to my cabin. Took maybe 5 minutes as I'm usually up early enough where there's no wait for the elevators. 

This is exactly what we do and it works out great. Hubby and I take turns making the coffee run. I drink two cups and he drinks one so it is perfect. I like my coffee strong and flavorful so I bring the Starbucks instant packets and add one to each cup. I also bring powdered flavored creamer, not the best but I can live with it. We have a Havana Cabana in April on the Vista and will be close to Java Blue so I plan to try the fancy coffees since they are included in the Cheers package. 

• Like 2

On 12/24/2022 at 4:49 PM, Rudyard said:

If you don't want to wait, what I did was before our last cruise I bought a small thermos. Big enough to hold about three average cups of coffee. I'd head up to the Lido, fill it up, grab a couple of coffee cups and head back to my cabin. Took maybe 5 minutes as I'm usually up early enough where there's no wait for the elevators. 

I always order coffee from room service the first morning and just keep the carafe.  I rinse it out in the sink and keep it in the cabinet so I have it to use every morning for the rest of the cruise. Since I am always up early, and my wife loves to sleep late, I grab the carafe and go for a nice walk around deck, than stop in the Lido to fill it up and bring hot coffee back to the room. 

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

We have a Havana Cabana in April on the Vista

You can also get coffee at the Havana bar that I've been told is better than the Lido coffee. I didn't find out about it until my last sea day so never got to try it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rudyard said:

You can also get coffee at the Havana bar that I've been told is better than the Lido coffee. I didn't find out about it until my last sea day so never got to try it. 

Is there a Havana bar on the Paradise?
I was wondering if the coffee that is delivered better then then the Lido? Better then the MDR?

7 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I always order coffee from room service the first morning and just keep the carafe.  I rinse it out in the sink and keep it in the cabinet so I have it to use every morning for the rest of the cruise. Since I am always up early, and my wife loves to sleep late, I grab the carafe and go for a nice walk around deck, than stop in the Lido to fill it up and bring hot coffee back to the room. 

This is brilliant!!

40 minutes ago, pandncruisers said:

We are new to carnival and first sailing next May. It sounds like no coffee pots are in the cabins is this correct?

They actually had plans to finally offer them in their new Excel suites. Then, a few weeks before the Mardi Gras first sailed, they (without notice/fanfare - lol) deleted that line from the amenities list of those cabins. For what reason, we'll never really know.

So close, yet ...

Tom

2 hours ago, BarbieGee said:

Is there a Havana bar on the Paradise?
I was wondering if the coffee that is delivered better then then the Lido? Better then the MDR?

You may want to familiarize yourself with deck plans of the Paradise. She is one of the oldest ships in the Carnival Fleet. 

5 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

You may want to familiarize yourself with deck plans of the Paradise. She is one of the oldest ships in the Carnival Fleet. 

Yes I have been doing that. Also watching videos of those that have sailed her. I know that there are no specialty restaurants on board and that the Steakhouse menu is listed in the MDR menu. Still, there may be some areas not listed by others who have sailed her or visited in those videos. So I thought I'd ask if there is a Havana Bar on this ship.
What I've seen on videos is that the Paradise, though the oldest of Carnival's ships, is still very elegant. I like smaller ships and I hope that Carnival will continue to care for her and give her the loving upgrades she deserves. 😊

21 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

Yes I have been doing that. Also watching videos of those that have sailed her. I know that there are no specialty restaurants on board and that the Steakhouse menu is listed in the MDR menu. Still, there may be some areas not listed by others who have sailed her or visited in those videos. So I thought I'd ask if there is a Havana Bar on this ship.
What I've seen on videos is that the Paradise, though the oldest of Carnival's ships, is still very elegant. I like smaller ships and I hope that Carnival will continue to care for her and give her the loving upgrades she deserves. 😊

My DH, 2 DDs (20 & 22) and I sailed on Elation over Thanksgiving and had a blast!  MDR all the time and our wait staff was awesome! Serenity was peaceful and Alchemy Bar was easy to access.  Room stewards were great. Paradise sounds comparable so I hope you have as much fun as we did!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

My DH, 2 DDs (20 & 22) and I sailed on Elation over Thanksgiving and had a blast!  MDR all the time and our wait staff was awesome! Serenity was peaceful and Alchemy Bar was easy to access.  Room stewards were great. Paradise sounds comparable so I hope you have as much fun as we did!

Addthis Sharing Sidebar - Love You More Emoji Clipart (#288996) - PikPng

On 12/24/2022 at 3:12 PM, staceyglow said:

They have discontinued the door hangers.  Continental breakfast is still free - at least it was the last time I sailed (a few weeks ago).

Any other time of day you are charged for room service? On other cruise lines Suite Guests are not charged a room service fee. How does it work on Carnival ships?....TIA

17 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Nice idea, thanks

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kdnurs said:

Any other time of day you are charged for room service? On other cruise lines Suite Guests are not charged a room service fee. How does it work on Carnival ships?....TIA

Post #10

6am to 10am some free and some paid and 10am to 6am looks all paid - 18% added on paid items

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kdnurs said:

I believe there is a charge for everything else now. I am not sure; on 20 Carnival cruises I have never ordered anything but the continental breakfast.

• Like 1