North Cape in June

North Cape Excursions

my partner and I will be visiting Honningsvag in June on a cruise ship. I realise it’s not a very large place, but does anybody have any excursion recommendations to the North Cape.

I’ve looked at North Cape Tours and Blu Puffin. Does anybody have any experience of these trips.

thank you

In principle, there are two options - a visit to the North Cape Monument and the Hall or a boat trip to the Gjesværstappan Nature Reserve.
I would choose North Cape on the first visit, but if you are interested in birds and nature, the nature reserve is an obvious option.  
Still snow and cold in June and  then enjoy the Midnight Sun.

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonTowner said:

North Cape Excursions

my partner and I will be visiting Honningsvag in June on a cruise ship. I realise it’s not a very large place, but does anybody have any excursion recommendations to the North Cape.

I’ve looked at North Cape Tours and Blu Puffin. Does anybody have any experience of these trips.

thank you

The North Cape is interesting in itself. Exhibits, a restaurant, “the top of Norway”( not exactly), nice views, especially on a good weather day.

I went with Blue Puffin and think very highly of their company. I would go with them again. I did the North Cape Sightseeing tour with them.

It was very cold and windy up at North Cape and we also had fog, unfortunately. Still glad I went. I just wish I had some of the gorgeous photos I have seen others post.

Edited by Coral

30 minutes ago, janetcbl said:

The North Cape is interesting in itself. Exhibits, a restaurant, “the top of Norway”( not exactly), nice views, especially on a good weather day.

Their waffles were pretty darn good after being out in the cold weather 🙂 I agree - it is a very nice visitor center.

• Like 1

Thank you all so much for your comments. I did quite a bit of research today and decided to book the North Cape Sightseeing Tour with Blue Puffin. They seem to get very good reviews and are recommended on the Norway Tourist Board website.

as Brits we are used to changeable weather and have visited Norway on four previous occasions, but thanks about the weather conditions.

13 hours ago, hallasm said:

In principle, there are two options - a visit to the North Cape Monument and the Hall or a boat trip to the Gjesværstappan Nature Reserve.
I would choose North Cape on the first visit, but if you are interested in birds and nature, the nature reserve is an obvious option.  
Still snow and cold in June and  then enjoy the Midnight Sun.

Thanks for posting the video, looking forward to our cruise in July.

On 12/28/2022 at 4:54 PM, Coral said:

I went with Blue Puffin and think very highly of their company. I would go with them again. I did the North Cape Sightseeing tour with them.

It was very cold and windy up at North Cape and we also had fog, unfortunately. Still glad I went. I just wish I had some of the gorgeous photos I have seen others post.

We've booked with them for this July, so I'm happy to see another recommendation for them, thank you.   Sorry about the weather you had that day though!

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 7:36 PM, LondonTowner said:

Thank you all so much for your comments. I did quite a bit of research today and decided to book the North Cape Sightseeing Tour with Blue Puffin. They seem to get very good reviews and are recommended on the Norway Tourist Board website.

as Brits we are used to changeable weather and have visited Norway on four previous occasions, but thanks about the weather conditions.

We have very variable weather where I live (huge temperature swings, etc..). It was just the weirdest weather and hopefully a fluke that day. As I walked towards the globe sculpture - the wind was so strong, I could barely walk forward. I had to force myself to walk forward.

I would go up there again and hopefully one day will have clear weather. It was a great day and great tour.

5 hours ago, Coral said:

We have very variable weather where I live (huge temperature swings, etc..). It was just the weirdest weather and hopefully a fluke that day. As I walked towards the globe sculpture - the wind was so strong, I could barely walk forward. I had to force myself to walk forward.

I would go up there again and hopefully one day will have clear weather. It was a great day and great tour.

I have been there many times in various weather. The last time was 2022, end of June, beginning of July…..Sun and 70F degrees! Very unusual!

12 minutes ago, janetcbl said:

I have been there many times in various weather. The last time was 2022, end of June, beginning of July…..Sun and 70F degrees! Very unusual!

I was there in 2018. I so want to return and have gorgeous weather! Honestly - we had really good weather for most of the cruise except for Trondheim (rain) and it was windy/foggy in North Cape. The rest of the trip was amazing.

I live in a state near you and am envious you have been there several times!

Edited by Coral