Spa room benefits- Mardi Gras/Celebration??

May1cruiser

We are trying our first Spa room on Celebration in a few weeks. Curious about crowds and benefits of this? I understand steam and sauna rooms are part of package. 

How crowded?

Are they co-ed or separate rooms? 

What other perks are included?

thanks

My understanding of the spa rooms is this ... Priority spa reservations, free fitness classes, unlimited access to the thermal suites, discounts on treatments during port days, a unique welcome ritual, complimentary scrub kits, complimentary body composition analysis, spa bathrobes and slippers, and upgraded elemis toiletries. Hope that helps.

DH and I are in a Spa Interior on Magic and these are the benefits (don't know if your ships have a Hydrotherapy Pool):

Amenities exclusive to Cloud 9 Spa staterooms and suites:

• Unique welcome ritual
  • Priority spa reservations
  • Unlimited use of Thermal Suites, plus scrub kit
  • Unlimited use of Hydrotherapy Pool
  • Two complimentary fitness classes (per guest)
  • Complimentary body composition analysis
  • Exclusive discounts on treatments during port days
  • Cloud 9 Spa bathrobes and slippers
  • Upgraded ELEMIS in-stateroom toiletries

20 hours ago, May1cruiser said:

We are trying our first Spa room on Celebration in a few weeks. Curious about crowds and benefits of this? I understand steam and sauna rooms are part of package. 

How crowded?

Are they co-ed or separate rooms? 

What other perks are included?

thanks

The heated rooms are totally co-ed on the Celebration. There are NO single sex saunas in the locker rooms. There is a regular sauna (as opposed to the infrared salt room sauna in the thermal suite) that's accessible to everyone, even those without a thermal suite pass, in the back hallway of the spa locker rooms. You exit the locker rooms using the rear door and for women it will be right in from of you (Glass frosted door) and for men just make a left and down the hall. This sauna is your traditional Finnish Sauna with a main heating element. The Salt room Infrared sauna uses a different technology.  Lots of people don't like it because the sauna room itself isn't that hot, but then you're using the sauna wrong. It's the same technology as infrared space heaters for your home. You have to be RIGHT in from of the heating element to feel the warmth. So in the sauna there are multiple infrared heating elements that you're supposed to sit right in front of so the heat radiates on your back and then it warms your whole body.  

• Thanks 1

We had spa interior on the Magic in early November. It did seem a little busy the first couple of days, but I think the novelty of it wears off, as it gets less crowded towards the second half of the trip. We also have a spa interior on the Mardi Gras in January to try out.

The thermal suites are co-ed and way better than the free one by the lockers which is cheap, tiny and often not working. Whether the thermal suites are crowded or not depends on what time of day you go. Early mornings before 11 am and evenings after dinner time are best. Midday is the worst. They only sell a limited amount of passes so when I say crowded I mean there are several individuals in the hot bubbly therapy pool or there’s only a couple loungers open. Usually it’s not that bad. It’s adults only so you won’t see kids running around there either. I usually hit the dry saunas, then the steam rooms, then cool off under the waterfall shower before soaking in the hot bubbly therapy pool. Then I relax in a heated marble lounger and have a good nap.  It’s my favorite part of the day when cruising. You’ll love it. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be trying this out also.  Do like to relax in sauna/steam(on ships that shill have ).. I assume the "free" sauna described is co-ed so guess I'll deal with having to wear more than a towel LOL.   Should feel good after my massage though. 

I love the Cloud 9 spa but was horribly disappointed in the spa on the Mardi Gras. I am wondering if the Celebration and rest of excel class will be in the same dungeon like atmosphere with no windows to see the ocean. The Thalasso pool is the smallest one yet and more than 3 people in at a time and you’re getting quite friendly.  The sauna and steam rooms are great but it’s back to the Dream class for me if I want a spa cruise. 

• Like 1

Agree @tree.critter DW loves the spa (mainly the steam room) but MG wasn't great, IMO.. I think the Breeze and Dream have the best.  DW didn't care for the Breeze but think she just had poor guest service.  Huge Men's locker room, lots of thermal loungers and loved the relaxation area where you could see the front of the ship.  MG and the Vista class spas all have tiny hot tub pools and few loungers.