Apple Airtags

Use them on all luggage, including carryon.  For the most part, at all times you know location of luggage.  This has helped us on a few occaisions to quickly track down a suitcase that was delivered to the wrong cabin hallway.  A client used them when working with an airline who stated their luggage was still in Barcelona when the client could tell it was at the local airport.  Definitely worth the investment!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I have 8 of them. Very convenient. 4 for bags, 4 for keys. No more ”where did I put”… 😅

They usually work ok. Once, when we were flying out from our local airport, one of our airtags (and hence luggage) stubbournly showed as being at home even though we knew for sure we checked in the bag just 30mins ago and it did have an airtag in it. For some reason that particular airtag updated its’ location only once we were abroad… no idea why 🤷🏼‍♀️ Sometimes the location update can lag but usually they work very nicely. So I wouldn’t call them 100% accurate all of the time but accurate enough 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

I have 8 of them. Very convenient. 4 for bags, 4 for keys. No more ”where did I put”… 😅

They usually work ok. Once, when we were flying out from our local airport, one of our airtags (and hence luggage) stubbournly showed as being at home even though we knew for sure we checked in the bag just 30mins ago and it did have an airtag in it. For some reason that particular airtag updated its’ location only once we were abroad… no idea why 🤷🏼‍♀️ Sometimes the location update can lag but usually they work very nicely. So I wouldn’t call them 100% accurate all of the time but accurate enough 😊

Another iphone needs to be nearby to broadcast the location to the cloud .

Then the location is transmitted to your phone.

Maybe nobody around your bag with an iphone at the time you checked.

• Like 1

Just now, loman said:

Another iphone needs to be nearby to broadcast the location to the cloud .

Then the location is transmitted to your phone.

Maybe nobody around your bag with an iphone at the time you checked.

This would be the likely reason. However we checked in 3 bags and 2 were showing their location correctly (and right next to each other). No idea where the third went then 😁 

1 hour ago, loman said:

I used them a few months ago . They do work . At one point my two bags were far away from each other , but they both got to our cabin.

Now i put one in each of our cars .

Why do you put them in your cars?  Are you misplacing your cars?

4 minutes ago, BobNoxious said:

Some people foget where they park. Or park in huge parking lots. Really has come in handy at the Rangers stadium lots. While maps shows me an aprox location of my car the AirTag  is precise with late model iPhones. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I’m guessing a lot of people with missing bags at all the airports right now which they had them!  

We just bought the Samsung ones and will try them out in February.

I just got off a plane in Oakland last night.  There was a giant mountain of lost luggage stacked just beside luggage carousels. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Some people foget where they park. Or park in huge parking lots. Really has come in handy at the Rangers stadium lots. While maps shows me an aprox location of my car the AirTag  is precise with late model iPhones. 

I never thought about that... That's a brilliant idea.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, BobNoxious said:

What else do you do with them if you arent travelling .😄

I can find my german car without it , but my wife`s car i cant.

Technology is great, but the understanding of it is lacking.  Airtag is an item that requires to have a signal picked up by another devise, with location transmitted into the cloud.  Same way for finding your iPhone, or watch or iPad.  Example at the airport, you might see it near the plane.  But at some point in the hold of the plane, it is "lost" until the plane lands.   You will see it a thousand miles away at it's last known location.  When unloaded, there is a good chance that it will get pinged again, and show up as arriving.  

It is a tool, and it is not fool proof.  But is it worth the price?  I have one on my wife's scooter, and it gives me a piece of mind faster when it arrives, plus it helps also to make sure it will be at the gate, and/or for some reason sent to oversize luggage.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BobNoxious said:

My dad had his car stolen a few months ago.  Although he did get it back a few weeks later it would have been really handy to be able to give the police it's location!

• Like 5

Worked great for me in October when we almost missed our flight from Philly to Miami after our flight from Lisbon arrived late in Philly.  They held the plane for us and we got on the plane but our suitcase did not.  When we went to pick up the suitcase the next morning at the airport staff told us it wasn't there.  We could see on our phone that the airtag was nearby and showed it to them.  They were able to then find it and we went our merry way!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

Agreed. We had them on our luggage and it showed they were on a huge area. We did get a good proximity, just a huge area as to where they were. I guess it would be ok if by some chance we left it in a taxi or something. .We also have one on our dog and its not as precise as we were hoping

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I never thought about that... That's a brilliant idea.

My phone tells me where my car is, it's nothing I ever set up, just syncs through bluetooth when I'm in the car and puts it on the map. I love it, was a King of Prussia Mall years ago and lost her car there. Forgot what store we went into first, luckily we found it looking out another door. She had a bright yellow Jeep, if she had had a black SUV we would probably still be there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, minniemouse427 said:

FWIW, we all have Android phones so Airtags aren't useful.

I've been using the Samsung SmartTags for a while now and really like them.  I hadn't thought about using them in my luggage so I just ordered more.

• Like 2