OMG...thanks for the funny mental image and the laugh.  😆

Happy New Year to you and Laura.  🙂 

Funny looking, but works flawlessly.

Happy New Year to you as well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Funny looking, but works flawlessly.

Happy New Year to you as well

Hopefully Laura's Beringer is a screw cap?   Most of my Kiwi SBs (AKA NZ Sauvignon Blanc) have screw caps.  

This would be you?  😉 

Lawnmower Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mandyleighflies said:

Thank you!! Also good to know about per cabin and not per adult! I will have my mom bring some for me then as she is in a separate cabin, that should work fine. 

You are most welcome.  Enjoy your cruise!  🙂 

• Like 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Nope, it's a cork. Fine wine, ya know😉

LOL...I would still love to see that procedure! 😄 

I take my waiter's key (AKA waiter's corkscrew) just for Bucky's red wine.   Though I don't think I have the finesse that you do when pulling the cork.  😉 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

LOL...I would still love to see that procedure! 😄 

I take my waiter's key (AKA waiter's corkscrew) just for Bucky's red wine.   Though I don't think I have the finesse that you do when pulling the cork.  😉 

Oh, I prefer the waiters key if I remember to pack it. Mine still has the short knife attached.😇

Laura likes the jumping jack thing

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura likes the jumping jack thing

I like that those are idiot-proof.    I know how to use any wine opener with finesse since I waited tables in nice restaurants as a young-in.    But I still love those.

I learned the hard way that you can open wine with anything that has a side that will fit into a wine bottle (say a toothbrush) and something to hammer it with.   When I bought my first house (HUD) my parents came over to help me fix it up.   I had wine for us to drink when done.  I'd always had roommates and they'd always had a wine opener and I didn't.  So we found ourselves exhausted and unable to get to the good wine.  Knocking on the neighbor's doors, none drank wine or had an opener.  We ended up using a hammer and big nail to push the cork through.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Are we really going there? Royal prohibits "Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors." 

Just because it hasn't been confiscated from your luggage doesn't mean it won't be confiscated from someone else's.  Just like run runners and alcohol in checked bags. 

Get called to the naughty room for something expressly prohibited by Royal and what are you going to argue?  Some guy on Cruise Critic says these have never been confiscated from his luggage?

I don’t think anyone considers the foil cutter on a corkscrew to meet the definition of “knife”. Royal Caribbean certainly does not 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1