Onboard activities

ziggyuk

Hi all, new to this forum as I have never sailed Celebrity but am looking to dip my feet in with Eclipse Antarctica.

I normally sail NCL and we enjoy the activities the entertainment team put on all day long especially on the smaller ships.
I have looked at a couple of planners but can't find many activities listed, is there a constant stream of things to do with the entertainment team on Celebrity?

Examples off the top of my head would be Trivial (many types), Pictionary, Charades, Shuffleboard comp, bean bag toss comp, origami etc etc, there are normally a dozen or more to choose from a day at various locations around the ship.

Trivia a couple a day , bean bag, lectures, lawn games and pool games, (weather permitting) archery, putting contests, occasionally art type class, Deal or No Deal, dance lessons, come to mind.  
 Pool games aren’t the belly flop, hairy chest type but volleyball or chipping contests. 

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

putting contests

It's held several times throughout the cruise and consists of about 18 players who claim to have a golf hcp of no less than 8----( total BS ) --- but, on a cruise nobody cares.

It's a " ball " of fun--- 

Reminds me --- As a former winner , I can tell you there was lots of stress on the final day because the ship was swaying, a " loud mouth " had a gallery of 6 cheering , plus the CD showed off the " choice " of prizes the winner could select from-- good stuff, like a Celebrity water bottle, Celebrity t shirt with a big "X " on the front , or even a Celebrity key chain.

It came down to one last putt-- the man lost his concentration because his wife shouted " Harry, keep your head down "--- leaving Pinboy as the winner.

• Like 1

Usually the lectures are very interesting. We've seen presentations by Kennedy Space Center personnel, Titanic, Jack the Ripper, pirates of the Caribbean, Welsh history, art history, spy novels, and my fav has so far been the marine biologist. She has a 30 year old pet turtle named....Turtlilini.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2022 at 10:29 AM, jwlane said:

Use the app and check out Infinity's current/upcoming sailings on the SA/Antarctica itinerary.

On the app, how do you look at activities for a sailing other than the one you've booked?

On another note, for the one I booked in 26 days, the activities section recently filled in, which is great.  However, it's clearly incorrect.  It has Hannukah services and NFL games that happened 2 weeks ago.

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

Touch the Calendar icon at top center, then select "Change Ship/Dates" at the bottom of the screen that opens.  Don't expect fully accurate info until a week or so of your sailing.

So weird.  I pulled up Silhouette for Jan 3, and there's nothing there, even though that one is 2 days away.

21 hours ago, aviators99 said:

So weird.  I pulled up Silhouette for Jan 3, and there's nothing there, even though that one is 2 days away.

And now that one has filled in, but it also has a Hannukah Service on the first day.