Australia Visas

Apple888888

ossum52...question....a Florida newspaper ran an article yesterday stating a New Australian regulation for those over 75 visiting Australia.  Article said a mandatory xray and physical by one of their approved doctors (very few around).  Have you heard anything about this? 

Possum52,

I read this several weeks ago in our local Palm Beach Couunty, FL newspaper. However, after my follow up with the Austrialian goverment wesbsite, I leared that you don't need to do this, if you apply for the corrent Visa. The visa you need to get is the ETA visa (Electtronic Travel Authority), which can only be obtianed via an app on your mobile phone. I downloaded this app on my phone, and complted the application. Once you submit the application you should receive a comformation that the visa was approved pretty quickly.  The cost is $20 AUD.  The proccess is a little tricky as you have to scan your passport and take a photo of your self, but it's not that difficut. If you go to this website https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/, you will find all the information you need. There are also videos on the website that show how to complete the application. Do NOT request a "Visitors Visa", this is not the correct visa. You need to get the ETA Visa, which doesn't required any medical exam or x-ray. Hope this helps. 

The upside to having applied for a ETA Visa last October definitely made applying again this October a breeze.  My passport info was the same, so all I had to do was update the arrival address, and answer the questions.  I did not have to scan in my passport again, which was a pita last year.  I certainly did not plan my trips down under very well, so I get to apply again next year. 🤦🏻‍♀️  I'm missing that window by 3 weeks.  🤷🏻‍♀️ 

8 hours ago, FLtravler319 said:

ossum52...question....a Florida newspaper ran an article yesterday stating a New Australian regulation for those over 75 visiting Australia.  Article said a mandatory xray and physical by one of their approved doctors (very few around).  Have you heard anything about this? 

Possum52,

I read this several weeks ago in our local Palm Beach Couunty, FL newspaper. However, after my follow up with the Austrialian goverment wesbsite, I leared that you don't need to do this, if you apply for the corrent Visa. The visa you need to get is the ETA visa (Electtronic Travel Authority), which can only be obtianed via an app on your mobile phone. I downloaded this app on my phone, and complted the application. Once you submit the application you should receive a comformation that the visa was approved pretty quickly.  The cost is $20 AUD.  The proccess is a little tricky as you have to scan your passport and take a photo of your self, but it's not that difficut. If you go to this website https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/, you will find all the information you need. There are also videos on the website that show how to complete the application. Do NOT request a "Visitors Visa", this is not the correct visa. You need to get the ETA Visa, which doesn't required any medical exam or x-ray. Hope this helps. 

I'm not sure why you have addressed this post to me as I am Australian and don't need to have an ETA or any Australian visa. The information I have posted is general information on where and how to find the correct information to obtain an ETA. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We did the Australia visa on our phones last night.  It was quick and easy.  Since I hear the NZ one is harder we saved it for another night. 

Our cruise stops in Lombok.  Do we need something for that port of call?

Check with your cruise line whether they are organising e-Visas for Lombok (Indonesia), if not you will need to check that out. e-Visas may be available on arrival. 

Edited by possum52

• 1 month later...

Received my Australian and New Zealand Visa online today.   Found it to be a simple process completing the applications online, we received our confirmationin of approved visas in minutes after submitting.  Taking the pictures took a few attempts but ended up working perfectly.  Reading these posts and making sure we used the proper government websites was very helpful.  Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, jennmaybe said:

Are we able to complete an online application on an IPad?  

As long as you download the Australian ETA app to your iPad. 

ETA

Important information about the ETA

All ETA-eligible passport holders must apply for an ETA using the Australian ETA app. For more information, see our Step by step guide.
If you are unable to use the app, you can apply online through ImmiAccount for another visa that suits your needs.
European passport holders may be eligible for an eVisitor (subclass 651)

Screenshot 2024-02-01 081307.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2023 at 2:01 PM, Tedferg said:

Clarification please. You say 'Ask for Picture', from the instructions it seems the App takes a picture. i.e. not take a picture and then upload.

You can do it either way.