My View: Ringing in 2023 on Celebrity Reflection (semi-live)

APDMOM

On sea days, I usually take plenty of ship pictures, which was no exception today.  Unfortunately, due to my limited wifi minutes, most of my ship walk will have to be shared when I get home.

One good thing about the early morning ship walk is that I find plenty of ‘new’ places.  It was a convenient morning to rediscover the Solstice Deck, where there are additional loungers.  By the time we went in search of our daily Vitamin D, the loungers by the pool and Mast bar were all occupied.  We found plenty open on the Solstice Deck - this was around 10:30 AM.

TIP: On busy sea days, the Solstice Deck and the very front part of the ship, past the Mast Bar, have additional loungers that are not discovered by most passengers.  So, if you can’t find a seat, look up there.

IMG_0262.thumb.JPG.f3b7e4925ae92c22bc51ad43bbfb7186.JPG

Seating in front of the ship - past the Mast Bar

image.thumb.jpeg.01d2a3513f9ce2eedf8da666c64af1ac.jpeg

IMG_0266.thumb.JPG.6a008e3d490a7f0a6ab08da6a879efff.JPG

We had an uneventful day, enjoying buffet meals and some of the live music around the ship.

Passing Celebrity Silhouette

image.thumb.jpeg.097ec5285fcdbeb39c8cb1ca6f313c51.jpeg

The day was hazy, as usual for the Caribbean.  However, this was the most clear view of the Cuban mountains I have seen on a cruise:

image.thumb.jpeg.1d8969caf5e207c96586774b712eed9b.jpeg

We did stop by the future cruise desk to see if we could get a great deal for Thanksgiving or next year MLK week.  The prices are very steep compared to the $3200 we paid for this cruise.  So, we will hold back and shop around a bit more first.

• Like 1

Sunset - almost as beautiful as the sunrise:

DSCN8610.thumb.JPG.275de694a7e5e911645a6021655c3322.JPG

House Band: Bristol Fashion:

This is our favorite live entertainment group on the ship. Although we have really enjoyed all the live music so far:

image.thumb.jpeg.2bf133bd989c91f9113232ed8ad034bc.jpeg

Edited by APDMOM
  • Like 3

The evening was one of the most unforgettable experiences on a cruise.  Unfortunately, the show was not my cup of tea - it was too abstract with plenty of songs I did not recognize.  It was not what I consider entertaining and my type A personality wanted to hightail it out of there in search of something more left-brain stimulating.  My considerate nature and upbringing kept me glued to my seat so as to not disturb others who might be enjoying the show.  (Sorry, my right brain artist friends, this was just not for me)

Elysium:

TIP: This time we went to the early show.  We arrived at 6:50 for the 7 PM seating.  There were plenty of seats left and we still got our prime seating close to the front for unobtrusive picture taking.

TIP: If you like taking pictures during the shows, do the following to avoid bothering your neighbors:

1. For a phone, turn the screen to the darkest setting before the show starts.  It will not impact your pictures - they will still be clear and bright.  However, it will decrease the lighting that may distract from other passengers.
  2. For a camera with viewfinder and LCD screen, flip the LCD screen inward or turn it off, and use only the viewfinder.

IMG_0333.thumb.JPG.479defc67a406b75941e3bc8d58a1825.JPG

IMG_0357.thumb.JPG.95a3b5027897d4969333d1cb6416f865.JPG

IMG_0392.thumb.JPG.7aaddf2713ffd7f4b0f77014817d9ca6.JPG

ABBA sing-along and the BEST party at sea:

I cannot remember having this much fun at a party on a cruise… We had an enthusiastic crowd participating in an ABBA sing-along.  To top it off, there were passengers entering the elevators, singing and dancing along.  It was such fun - I laughed so hard and sang wholeheartedly with the rest, I thought I was going to lose my voice.  After the sing-along, the DJ came up with the best mix of 70’s music that kept the crowd going well past my bedtime…

IMG_0458.thumb.JPG.dff0057591882de2697361118b6cb3ac.JPG

I hope the video loads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you so much for let us join you. We are booked on the NYE cruise 2023/2024. So it is just great to follow you. We have the same style balcony- since we are in 9292- which we choose deliberately.

Great pictures- the one with almost full moon is terrific.

Enjoy your voyage!

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 4:40 PM, mikeysed said:

Hi, great review. 

Was your evening chic night day 2 at Nassau or day 3 sea day?

It was actually the first night (boarding day), since that was New Years’ Eve. The second chic night was last night, Roatan.

On 1/4/2023 at 8:50 PM, Purplsmurf said:

Did I read correctly that the lobster was served on the first night?

Correct. 🙂 New year’s eve. That was probably an exception due to the holiday. 

We are on the Reflection starting Sunday: all these rumors about the OV dining for dinner are making me nervous, since I'm a Celiac.(no gluten) Can you tell me if it is true that there is only pizza and hotdogs? Thanks so much!

Janet

24 minutes ago, mtnlvr53 said:

We are on the Reflection starting Sunday: all these rumors about the OV dining for dinner are making me nervous, since I'm a Celiac.(no gluten) Can you tell me if it is true that there is only pizza and hotdogs? Thanks so much!

Janet

Hi, Janet,

I will find out for you.  I have seen many gluten free dessert options!  I will see if I can get more information about the Oceanview cafe and GF diet.  🙂 

A rainy sunrise:

image.thumb.jpeg.b0ac69877027f4579dfacb9676971eaa.jpeg

TIP about Tendering: Be sure to arrive at the Martini bar (or designated area) early to get your tender tickets.  Pay attention to when and where to pick them up if you want to leave early.  On our sailing, it was at 11 a.m. at the Martini Bar.  You can get that info in your app or on the daily delivered to your stateroom.

For Elite and above, you don’t need tender tickets - just meet at the designated area.  For us, it was in the Cellar Masters.  The Concierge will meet you there and walk you to the tender.

• Thanks 1

Views of George Town:

TIP: Even if you are not interested in Grand Cayman, just get on the tender to take pictures if that is your hobby.  You don’t even have to get off the tender.  We just took the tender ride to land and turned right back, earning ourselves first choice of seating for great pictures of the ship and George Town from the tender.

DSCN8648.thumb.JPG.fc9c5c2667f08cddc2df187c46acb20d.JPG

DSCN8650.thumb.JPG.a6eebf14fa4c18a0b9da858d61b4abf0.JPG

DSCN8681.thumb.JPG.d1eca777bbe1193b27e4fe98b5c6a172.JPG

DSCN8646.thumb.JPG.ad67fc5aab9f8eba6413cebe8741bc85.JPG

DSCN8675.thumb.JPG.f137a13ac10a7e7b41ede5e644236d93.JPG

• Like 2

Random TIP: Towels are not on a sign out basis on Celebrity.  You just pick them up from the towel stations.  This is surprising to me and makes me wonder how much of my ship fare goes toward replacing towels that disappeared.  It is very convenient though! We did see people return from excursions with ship towels, so it seems like they allow you to take them.  

image.thumb.jpeg.18c771170c9a56f99710007460134e17.jpeg

• Like 1