Sapphire caribe or mini suite for South America cruise

birdergal

Looking to book a cruise from Buenos Aires to Santiago for Feb 2024.  We like bigger balconies but wondering which selection we should make.  It looks like the mini suite balcony is completely in the open but the caribe has a little cover over it.  We spend a lot of time on our balcony so hopefully someone who has been on the cruise can give me their opinion.

12 minutes ago, birdergal said:

Looking to book a cruise from Buenos Aires to Santiago for Feb 2024.  We like bigger balconies but wondering which selection we should make.  It looks like the mini suite balcony is completely in the open but the caribe has a little cover over it.  We spend a lot of time on our balcony so hopefully someone who has been on the cruise can give me their opinion.

We like the bigger balcony also and really like the half covered, like the Caribe deck.

We were able to use our deck almost every day, because if it rained a little, our table and chairs were under the covered area.  

We sailed the opposite of you, from San Antonio, Chile to Buenos Aires.  Loved the port side.  If I were going the opposite, like you, I’d book the Starboard.

Amazing views.

The large balcony is more important to us, than having the extra room inside the cabin.  I do like CC mini’s, but sometimes the balcony is smaller, or uncovered.  I do like the midship location though.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, birdergal said:

I haven't been on that cruise, but I'd always go for a balcony with some cover rather than one completely without. Being able to be on the balcony if it's raining or too hot and sunny is what I like.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, birdergal said:

The mini's on deck 8 are completely covered. If you can snag either E728 or E731, those have a bigger balcony that wraps part way towards the aft. Caribe balconies are half covered. You can't go wrong with either.

41 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

The mini's on deck 8 are completely covered. If you can snag either E728 or E731, those have a bigger balcony that wraps part way towards the aft. Caribe balconies are half covered. You can't go wrong with either.

I agree with this. I love Emerald mini suites. They are covered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

Thanks so much for this info!  Had no clue about the mini suites on Emerald deck.  Unfortunately the two you recommended aren't available but there on plenty of other ones available on Emerald.  Think I will go for that!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, birdergal said:

Thanks so much for this info!  Had no clue about the mini suites on Emerald deck.  Unfortunately the two you recommended aren't available but there on plenty of other ones available on Emerald.  Think I will go for that!

You won’t be sorry!  You get a mini suite plus a fully covered balcony;  it’s a win/win!  And, the balconies are good sized.

• Like 1