New Plus package drink price limit.

jeno

Has the new limit of $15 per drink started yet for the Plus Package? If so, have you noticed if the per drink price on the menus have also gone up? Has the wine list for the Plus package changed to include brand names of wine or is it still a generic listing of “Chardonnay”?  You still have no idea which brand you’re being served and can’t specify? 

3 hours ago, jeno said:

Has the new limit of $15 per drink started yet for the Plus Package? If so, have you noticed if the per drink price on the menus have also gone up? Has the wine list for the Plus package changed to include brand names of wine or is it still a generic listing of “Chardonnay”?  You still have no idea which brand you’re being served and can’t specify? 

I don’t think the new pricing takes affect until late February. We just did 16 days on the Ruby. We upgraded to the Premium package as we’re wine lovers and were afraid the offerings on the Plus package would be extremely disappointing. I will say, the Premium offerings were definitely premium. However, there were decent wines on the Plus package as well - Decoy Chardonnay, Meiomi Pinot Noir, Ferrari Carano Merlot are some examples. 

We are going to stick with the Plus package on the Enchanted in February. We have quite a bit of OBC so will upgrade individual glasses as we want. Wish there was the option to upgrade just the beverage package without all the other stuff.  Plus, I wish it could be done onboard if you find the offerings not to your liking. Both are available on Celebrity. 

• Like 2

Are Plus Package holders currently entitled to drinks up to $15 at current menu prices? -- A sort of transitional 'grandfathered-in' benefit before drink prices are (presumed to be) raised after February.

There are a few spirits and cocktails that are currently priced in the $12-$15 range that were previously not included under the old package limit.

So, is a 12 yr. Redbreast, or a 'Violet Cloud' from Crooners now on the table for those with the Plus Package sailing in January?

5 hours ago, Skai said:

Are Plus Package holders currently entitled to drinks up to $15 at current menu prices? -- A sort of transitional 'grandfathered-in' benefit before drink prices are (presumed to be) raised after February.

There are a few spirits and cocktails that are currently priced in the $12-$15 range that were previously not included under the old package limit.

So, is a 12 yr. Redbreast, or a 'Violet Cloud' from Crooners now on the table for those with the Plus Package sailing in January?

This was not the case in December. I assume the current menus will be in place until the effective date, then a complete change over. 

10 hours ago, lhsail said:

This was not the case in December. I assume the current menus will be in place until the effective date, then a complete change over. 

We booked our cruise (departing at the end of this month) on Dec. 8th.  The change-over to the new packages/prices occured on Dec. 20th for packages purchased after that date going forward.

Our package reads as the: 'Plus Beverage Package - 50' -- Drinks up to $15 each, but none of the new added perks(Premium Desserts, Fitness Class, Unlimited Juice Bar).

As I read it...

Since our cruise falls in between the window of the present and the implementation of the new packages for sailings after Feb. 20th(when drink prices are also expected to rise in-line); we will be entitled to drinks up to $15 under the current menu offerings/prices on our upcoming cruise departing in a few weeks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skai said:

We booked our cruise (departing at the end of this month) on Dec. 8th.  The change-over to the new packages/prices occured on Dec. 20th for packages purchased after that date going forward.

Our package reads as the: 'Plus Beverage Package - 50' -- Drinks up to $15 each, but none of the new added perks(Premium Desserts, Fitness Class, Unlimited Juice Bar).

As I read it...

Since our cruise falls in between the window of the present and the implementation of the new packages for sailings after Feb. 20th(when drink prices are also expected to rise in-line); we will be entitled to drinks up to $15 under the current menu offerings/prices on our upcoming cruise departing in a few weeks.

I think everyone who has the “old” plus plan will still get everything but the “NEW” items. There is no way they will try to differentiate between 2 plus beverage packages

1 minute ago, memoak said:

I think everyone who has the “old” plus plan will still get everything but the “NEW” items. There is no way they will try to differentiate between 2 plus beverage packages

My question is the same as the OP's (pertaining to anyone currently sailing under the revised Plus Beverage Package - 50).

Is the $15 per drink limit currently being honored, and have drink prices increased to reflect the new packages yet?

The way that I understand it is that the 'new items' aren't yet to be implemented until sailings after Feb. 20th, yet Princess has already upped the limit to $15 per drink for Plus Packages purchased before Dec. 20th.

I.E. -- Under the old Plus Package, if I wanted an $18 glass of wine at dinner, I would be charged an additional $6 to do so.

If the menu prices are still currently the same (as they were before the switchover), that same $18 glass of wine will now only cost me an additional $3 to purchase.

11 hours ago, Skai said:

My question is the same as the OP's (pertaining to anyone currently sailing under the revised Plus Beverage Package - 50).

Is the $15 per drink limit currently being honored, and have drink prices increased to reflect the new packages yet?

The way that I understand it is that the 'new items' aren't yet to be implemented until sailings after Feb. 20th, yet Princess has already upped the limit to $15 per drink for Plus Packages purchased before Dec. 20th.

I.E. -- Under the old Plus Package, if I wanted an $18 glass of wine at dinner, I would be charged an additional $6 to do so.

If the menu prices are still currently the same (as they were before the switchover), that same $18 glass of wine will now only cost me an additional $3 to purchase.

I am curious about this as well. We have the Plus Package - 50 for our 2/7 cruise. When I go into the cruise record, I still get the option to upgrade my cruise experience. The Plus Package shows drinks up to $12 and the Premier up to $18. Not sure where others are seeing the ability to already get drinks up to $15. 

13 hours ago, memoak said:

And it would be PR suicide to raise the prices of drinks and then force the purchasers of the previous plans to pay out-of-pocket for the increased cost of those drinks because the old plans don't cover the increases. 

4 hours ago, lhsail said:

I am curious about this as well. We have the Plus Package - 50 for our 2/7 cruise. When I go into the cruise record, I still get the option to upgrade my cruise experience. The Plus Package shows drinks up to $12 and the Premier up to $18. Not sure where others are seeing the ability to already get drinks up to $15. 

Because all the promos put out by Princess show $15 plus package drink prices but show (in caps) “NEW” against Desserts, Fitness classes and Juice bars

6 hours ago, lhsail said:

Even before the "new" stuff and the updated pricing that was happening. We had Princess Plus booked on multiple cruises but they all still had the "UPGRADE!!!" jive when looking at the web site. John Padgett. Marketing flak. Lame IT group. What a "great" combination. Bah.

7 hours ago, lhsail said:

When I go to my 'Cruise Personalizer' to the 'Onboard Services' section and click on the UPGRADENOW button it shows that I have the Princess Plus 'Purchased' w/ the notification that: "New" items are not included in your current package.

However, it does show under the Plus Beverage Package - (drinks up to $15 each).

The way that I read that is we are now entitled to "drinks up to $15 each" under the package.

The questions are: Have beverage prices been raised in-line with that limit increase, or are prices as they were before the changeover occured?  If it is the latter, is the $15 limit (as stated below) being honored on current sailings?

1224025082_1PrincessPackage.thumb.jpg.bff38f8a3a4652bcd1d973d1f5de57af.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skai said:

When I go to my 'Cruise Personalizer' to the 'Onboard Services' section and click on the UPGRADENOW button it shows that I have the Princess Plus 'Purchased' w/ the notification that: "New" items are not included in your current package.

However, it does show under the Plus Beverage Package - (drinks up to $15 each).

The way that I read that is we are now entitled to "drinks up to $15 each" under the package.

The questions are: Have beverage prices been raised in-line with that limit increase, or are prices as they were before the changeover occured?  If it is the latter, is the $15 limit (as stated below) being honored on current sailings?

1224025082_1PrincessPackage.thumb.jpg.bff38f8a3a4652bcd1d973d1f5de57af.jpg

Just found this screen on my reservation. I was looking at the information under beverage packages. An interesting question. I’d love to be able to upgrade to some of the $18 wines for $3.