conflicting information going around.

cate54

8 hours ago, SeaSickCecil said:

Thanks mpajra, but that is the cruise before ours which I believe is only 7 days and goes to Mexico.  Cate54 , I and others are on the 17 day Hawaii cruise and the test is still required.  This may be a requirement for Hawaii. Mexico was never as strict as Hawaii was on Covid restrictions.

Have a wonderful cruise. 

I am on both legs as is a lot of others,how is Holland America handling that? I get an email saying I have to fill out a one question health question but no mention of being vaccinated or requiring a  test before boarding. Makes no sense. 

10 hours ago, mpajra said:

This cruise sailing on Saturday, has had all restrictions removed.  I received emails from 2 different departments of Holland American, today. 

Our particular cruise involves Japan.  Although that country has removed their own testing requirements (as long as a person has at least 3 shots) they have imposed a caveat on the cruise lines that they must leave Japan if 10% onboard has COVID.  This puts an additional burden on the cruise lines and, so far, HAL has reacted by requiring pre-embarkation testing.

Hank

3 hours ago, seaver said:

I am on both legs as is a lot of others,how is Holland America handling that? I get an email saying I have to fill out a one question health question but no mention of being vaccinated or requiring a  test before boarding. Makes no sense. 

Good morning seaver...I just checked the HAL website and the protocols for our 17 day adventure and YIPPEE, it now says 'Standard' no testing required"  I printed out the grid, but don't know how to paste it in here.  I agree that it didn't make any sense before.

Only a little more than a week and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

Rachel

Edited by SeaSickCecil
new information found

21 minutes ago, SeaSickCecil said:

Good morning seaver...I just checked the HAL website and the protocols for our 17 day adventure and YIPPEE, it now says 'Standard' no testing required"  I printed out the grid, but don't know how to paste it in here.  I agree that it didn't make any sense before.

Rachel

Yippee is the word!

Thanks for posting this. 

2 hours ago, SeaSickCecil said:

Rachel

Also on Hawaii Jan 14th cruise. When I just now checked the health protocol tools link and enter my booking number etc, it still says "Enhanced Protocols" and testing required. This is Checking 1/5/23 @ 12:30p pacific time. Go figure. 🤷‍♀️

Hey fellswoop...I think HAL is just trying to drive us all mad.  I have printed out the general protocol list (the one where you don't put in your voyage info) and have also taken a screen shot, and just put in the voyage # and it came back standard and with the PRIOR 'update' date of October showing standard. I didn't put in my booking number.  So I think HAL's IT department needs some work.  But armed with 3 different places with the same info, I'm going with 'no test needed'.  

But I'll bring one, just in case......

and just think of all the cruisers who aren't on CC and aren't worrying about this LOL

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SeaSickCecil said:

Hey fellswoop...I think HAL is just trying to drive us all mad.  I have printed out the general protocol list (the one where you don't put in your voyage info) and have also taken a screen shot, and just put in the voyage # and it came back standard and with the PRIOR 'update' date of October showing standard. I didn't put in my booking number.  So I think HAL's IT department needs some work.  But armed with 3 different places with the same info, I'm going with 'no test needed'.  

But I'll bring one, just in case......

and just think of all the cruisers who aren't on CC and aren't worrying about this LOL

Well, HAL is making me crazy.

I just got an email encouraging me to use VeriFLY, so I can upload my vaccine and test info. BUT I'm on a 10-day to the Caribbean and HAL's protocol page says no testing or vaccine required. The email says there's a special line for VeriFLY at check-in. Is this true? (Port Everglades) That would be the only reason to bother with the app as far as I can see. 

It looks more annoying than ArriveCAN!!!

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

5 hours ago, oakridger said:

If your cruise doesn't require vaccination, you don't need it and they don't check it at Port Everglades.  I was there 3 times in October and November 2022.

Thanks. I guess their computers just spew out these emails whether they're needed or not.