Scheduling Anytime Dining and Mustering?

bumbles

So...like many I haven't cruised since pre-Covid.  Reading through some of the posts, it looks like we will muster differently now?  How exactly does that work - do we go to our station immediately upon boarding?

Also, do we still have to schedule anytime dining through the HubApp or was that only when there were stricter protocols?

I feel like a newbie all over again!  TIA!

• Like 1

You will go to your muster station any time before sail-away.  We like to go as soon as we board to get it done and over with.

For YTD, you aren't "scheduling" your dinner.  You are checking-in.  Think of it as call-ahead seating in a land-based restaurant 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

Opentable if you will

Opentable actually makes reservations for a specific time.  Checking in on the HUB app is more like virtually giving your name to the hostess at the restaurant.  You do not make reservations or select times.

• Like 1

My last few cruises the Carnival staff will direct you to your muster station right away so you can get that out of way.  At the muster station, they will scan your sign and sail card for proof you attended, you sit and watch a 2 minute review of how to put on your life jacket and then you are on your way.  Simple and painless.  If you miss it, they will announce your name over the PA system  and have you report to your muster station.  The ship will not sail until everyone has completed the drill. 

1 hour ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

My last few cruises the Carnival staff will direct you to your muster station right away so you can get that out of way.  At the muster station, they will scan your sign and sail card for proof you attended, you sit and watch a 2 minute review of how to put on your life jacket and then you are on your way.  Simple and painless.  If you miss it, they will announce your name over the PA system  and have you report to your muster station.  The ship will not sail until everyone has completed the drill. 

Also at least on our last 2 cruises you cannot drink alcohol until you do the muster station bit. Not a big deal it only takes about 5 minutes

9 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Wouldn't it be cool to tell us our muster station at time of booking? It is based on cabin location.

This way people can do the research on where their muster station is beforehand.

For the 1% of cruisers who would actually do this?

6 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

I'd look, would you?

How about you kids about there, would you look up the location?

No.

And with the number of cruisers who won't even check in at their muster station until their drinks are cut off and/or they're told the ship won't sail until they check in, I don't think many people are concerned about it before they board.

3 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

I believe they are unaware. It certainly isn't explained on their website.

Add it to the online reservation with an information (!) link explaining the process and no drinky-drinky until done.

It wouldn't make a difference, people wouldn't read it.

2 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

I'd look, would you?

How about you kids about there, would you look up the location?

You can walk onto the ship and ask the first staff person you see, and they will be able to direct you.  No need to look anything up ahead of time.

Muster is simple. Your station is on your documents. Easiest thing to do when you board is get a drink, go to your station, listen to the 2-minute spiel, and be done. On the two cruises we have been on, it has taken no time to get it done and vacation started immediately.