Can't get response from Shareholder services (or whoever is in charge). HELP!!

Birdnutty

NCL must have a shareholders list or notes on people’s files or something.  When booking a cruise a few weeks ago, my PCC asked me if I needed a shareholder benefit form, and I don’t remember ever mentioning to him that we owned shares.

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If you took the time to read the post I quoted, you would see that the poster thought that you had to wait until you were under 14 days to submit the form. My response was that if they did that, NCL was not obligated to provide the OBC. 

Understood.  That's why I started 35 days prior to sailing.

• Like 1

Well, just to add my datapoint here - I applied via email at about 21 days prior to sailing, and didn't hear or see anything in my account.  Resent again at the 13 day mark, this time with the header "second request".  I did  get the boilerplate thank you for contacting Norwegian email back.

4 days out, still nothing in my account that I can see.

If I reached embarkation date, and still nothing, I would pack a copy of my email submission, the automated case number NCL response, the request form and my brokerage statement.  I would present it at guest services and ask for the $100 OBC.  You never know what might work. 😎

• Thanks 1

Ours were sent about 32 days prior to sailing, on Dec 19 and 1st Case No assigned - knowing it was the holidays plus announced corporate back office workforce reduction ... Waited, and sent a 2nd email, as followup and reference the 1st. case # - auto replied with a 2nd and NEW case no. - previously, that usually resulted in getting the revised/updated Amenity Summary with the OBC posted.  Nothing happened until 2023, after the New Year.  

Apparently, someone must be WFH because, OBC was posted on Jan 2nd, 2023 - email received with the new Amenity Summary and also loaded on MyNCL account within 24 hours (probably when server refreshed & updated overnight) - still well outside the "15 days" for submission cutoff.  

Since OP submitted their on Dec. 20th and there is an email trail for it, it should be processed & credit posted ... they are probably seriously backlogged while coping with Sail & Sustain ... or, is that a subtle way of saying (feel free to fill in your "thoughts") 

Good luck !  It should come thru & please let us know once it did.  

4 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

If I reached embarkation date, and still nothing, I would pack a copy of my email submission, the automated case number NCL response, the request form and my brokerage statement.  I would present it at guest services and ask for the $100 OBC.  You never know what might work. 😎

Good idea! I’ll prepare all the documentation now, just in case.  

On 1/9/2023 at 11:26 PM, BirdTravels said:

The offer clearly states "To redeem this special offer, simply complete the attached Shareholder Benefit Request Form and mail or email (with accompanying documentation) request at least 15 days prior to sailing". If you submit two week away, they are not obligated to accept your request (and save them some money). 

I sometime have booked within 2 weeks in the past (very last minute)... does that mean that i wont be able to claim the credit for those last minute booking?

Well. it's been a few days without any response other than a new case number.  So I'm going to take the suggestion that I print out all my attempts and the dates involved, and see if it does me any good at Guest Services.  I'm done - spent too much time at this.  Maybe I'll be lucky and the Benefit Fairy will visit me somewhere along the line.  I will post if she does.

• Like 1

I submitted my request 5 times ( starting Jan 2) for my Feb 13 cruise.  Today ( Jan 11) I finally got the acceptance and my OBC was posted on my vacation summary.  now I just have to figure out what to buy onboard.  We have the drink package, specialty dining.  And lord knows...I DONT NEED more watches.

(If it takes 15 days to get a response, that should not state in the email that the turn around is 24 hours)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I submitted my request 5 times ( starting Jan 2) for my Feb 13 cruise.  Today ( Jan 11) I finally got the acceptance and my OBC was posted on my vacation summary.  now I just have to figure out what to buy onboard.  We have the drink package, specialty dining.  And lord knows...I DONT NEED more watches.

(If it takes 15 days to get a response, that should not state in the email that the turn around is 24 hours)

I believe they state in the email: "24 business hours".  In fact this is from my email received yesterday: "you will be contacted within 24 business hours".   "I've never run into the term "business hours".  How long is that?   You'll also notice it says "contacted within", a rather ambiguous choice of words.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I believe they state in the email: "24 business hours".  In fact this is from my email received yesterday: "you will be contacted within 24 business hours".   "I've never run into the term "business hours".  How long is that?   You'll also notice it says "contacted within", a rather ambiguous choice of words.

business hours usually mean 8 hours, so 24 business hours would be 3 days, excluding Saturday and Sunday

s

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

business hours usually mean 8 hours, so 24 business hours would be 3 days, excluding Saturday and Sunday

sounds like Govt Speak.  But whatever it is, it is.  We are at their time frame.  If we don't like it, we can sell our shares

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 9:33 AM, zzdoug said:

My Vacation Summary doesn't show either the Payment Status line or the Onboard Credit line.  I booked for April 30,  2023, with a travel agent and have already paid in full.  I own 100 shares and submitted the form.  Is that to be expected or should I be contacting customer service?

Update: As of today, 1/12/2023,  I see my $100 onboard credit in my vacation summary.  I had submitted the request on on 1/2/2023.

Good luck everyone.

image.png.c722bbf72745cfb1c808e3c3aa582c54.png

Edited by zzdoug
added screenshot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I submitted a request last Friday and called yesterday to check on it since I hadn't heard or seen anything.  I was told that cases are taking two weeks right now to process.  My cruise is not until April, so I'll wait another 10 days or so to see if it shows up

3 hours ago, zzdoug said:

Update: As of today, 1/12/2023,  I see my $100 onboard credit in my vacation summary.  I had submitted the request on on 1/2/2023.

Submitted mine on 1/3/2023.... still nothing, but following FIFO logic, i should get it tomorrow... or soon... or...  😟

Edited by Sim1979
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I submitted a request last Friday and called yesterday to check on it since I hadn't heard or seen anything.  I was told that cases are taking two weeks right now to process.  

What number did you call?  Or write to?  No matter which way I turn, I get the royal run-around.

8 minutes ago, Birdnutty said:

What number did you call?  Or write to?  No matter which way I turn, I get the royal run-around.

I dialed 305-468-2339, which does ring to NCLH.  There is an actual option for shareholder benefit on the phone tree, but honestly I think it just dumped into the regular NCL customer service queue.  I did call about 7:30 or 8 at night, so it's possible that office was really closed so it just forwarded me to regular customer service

Just now, dbrown84 said:

I dialed 305-468-2339, which does ring to NCLH.  There is an actual option for shareholder benefit on the phone tree, but honestly I think it just dumped into the regular NCL customer service queue.  I did call about 7:30 or 8 at night, so it's possible that office was really closed so it just forwarded me to regular customer service

and I got that number from the NCL holdings website, https://www.nclhltd.com/contact