What’s the point in Concierge Class?

Static events

Guest 4-2-N-8
2 hours ago, D. B. said:

I have done the Concierge cabin and found I never used (or desired) any of the Perks that come with it so I don't bother.

More Food? no thank you and a Golf umbrella? 

I once read somewhere that it also comes with foot stools on the balcony verandas.

That was a serious point of contention as I read that thread.

For me, I'd just as soon use my good, old set of Funk & Wagnall's encyclopedia as foot stools (which I bring with me everywhere I go).

Edited by 4-2-N-8

I'm not an expert having only sailed concierge once or twice, but it looks like some cabins that used to be veranda are now concierge, so location and some space, maybe. 

Yes, the footrest was nice. They bring afternoon canapes that I was rarely around to receive, but a couple of times it was nice. Seems like a waste of food. If you're in the room, okay, otherwise you don't know how long it's been sitting there.

Biggest thing for me was embarkation day lunch (if you're boarding time allows) and the disembarkation lounge. A nicer way to end the trip than with the crowds of tired grumbly people in the theatre...by hanging out with fewer tired grumpy people with coffee and pastries in comfortable chairs! 😀

• Like 3

Guest 4-2-N-8
28 minutes ago, Buckeye94 said:

I'm not an expert having only sailed concierge once or twice, but it looks like some cabins that used to be veranda are now concierge, so location and some space, maybe. 

Yes, the footrest was nice. They bring afternoon canapes that I was rarely around to receive, but a couple of times it was nice. Seems like a waste of food. If you're in the room, okay, otherwise you don't know how long it's been sitting there.

Biggest thing for me was embarkation day lunch (if you're boarding time allows) and the disembarkation lounge. A nicer way to end the trip than with the crowds of tired grumbly people in the theatre...by hanging out with fewer tired grumpy people with coffee and pastries in comfortable chairs! 😀

Avoiding gripers (and disrespectful chair hogs) on a ship in any way possible = priceless

41 minutes ago, Buckeye94 said:

So many disembarkation "lounges' Concierge, Aqua, Suites, Elite/Elite+ (which is Tuscan) or our favourite Al Bacio.

3 hours ago, Buckeye94 said:

The standard veranda, concierge, and aqua class cabins are all the same size (with a few exceptions)  on M-class and E-class ships.  They vary in location and amenities mainly.  

3 hours ago, Buckeye94 said:

Cabins have been reclassified on many ships.  Celebrity is attempting to maximize revenue.

Concierge - not interested.  As Elite+ already have a lounge.

14 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The standard veranda, concierge, and aqua class cabins are all the same size (with a few exceptions)  on M-class and E-class ships.  They vary in location and amenities mainly.  

They are larger on M Class ships.  Concierge class is about 191 sq ft plus 41 sq ft of balcony.  Verandahs are about 170 sq ft plus 38 sq ft of balcony.  

It is S class and E class where they are the same size (with a few exceptions).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, prmssk said:

They are larger on M Class ships.  Concierge class is about 191 sq ft plus 41 sq ft of balcony.  Verandahs are about 170 sq ft plus 38 sq ft of balcony.  

It is S class and E class where they are the same size (with a few exceptions).

Oopps you are correct.  Verandas are smaller on the M-Class (only sailed on S and E Class).  Concierge and Aqua are the same size on M-Class but Veranda's are 20 Sq feet smaller. 

1161769581_Screenshot2023-01-07at20_41_59.png.78d2df4261c43c67128d219ed5bf4bae.png

image.png.7825dc1ee6ec6e8b5f6588391e1b4dff.png

900864934_Screenshot2023-01-07at20_41_40.png.4355af7fcdcc9718bf165ef7c0149be9.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Oopps you are correct.  Verandas are smaller on the M-Class (only sailed on S and E Class).  Concierge and Aqua are the same size on M-Class but Veranda's are 20 Sq feet smaller. 

1161769581_Screenshot2023-01-07at20_41_59.png.78d2df4261c43c67128d219ed5bf4bae.png

image.png.7825dc1ee6ec6e8b5f6588391e1b4dff.png

900864934_Screenshot2023-01-07at20_41_40.png.4355af7fcdcc9718bf165ef7c0149be9.png

The only reason to book them on M Class

I have always brooked Concierge and taken advantage most every perk. Best are the following that we have used a lot:

-Expanded room service breakfast menu

-Canapes/Cheese

-Embarkation lunch

-Bottle(s) of sparkling wine*

-Velour bathrobes

*We use this one almost daily, we just ask for more and they bring it 🙂

I like to get the extra 2 points per night as well. The placement of the rooms are nice and really if you use the perks I think it is worth the minor upgrade in price.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 1:00 PM, Static events said:

What’s the point in Concierge Class?   Doesn’t seem worth keeping….

It was nice when they were first introduced but with the addition of AquaClass and the loss of some of the perks due to COVID (priority embarkation...), I'm not sure there is that much value beyond extra CC points and a better cabin location. If the price is right, book it.

Book a Concierge cabins ?  It depends on the value of added items.  On M class, the bigger cabin is a plus.  The embarkation lunch is good.  Location can be important. Aside from that, I don’t see any value to me in paying for a concierge cabin.  Strangely, on my first cruise on Millenium, there wasn’t concierge class.  We booked a cabin midship on deck 8.  A standard veranda cabin. Nice location.  Next time we booked on a M class ship, that same cabin was concierge C2 and much more expensive.  The only thing different was we paid $$$.  Got us a bad bottle of wine.  Creating concierge class is a great marketing ploy that makes money.  Over the years, the changes on Celebrity show creative marketing concepts to separate guests by classing them. It’s nothing like the Celebrity cruise was before Royal bought it.  when do I book concierge class?  Only when pushed.  Last cruise we booked late and there weren’t any regular veranda cabins. We booked midship deck 8.  That same cabin was now reclassified as a C1.  It’s the same cabin. It didn’t move. The classification changed pushing its price up.  Celebrity is a marvel at marketing.  

1 hour ago, wiredforflight said:

I have always brooked Concierge and taken advantage most every perk. Best are the following that we have used a lot:

-Expanded room service breakfast menu

-Canapes/Cheese

-Embarkation lunch

-Bottle(s) of sparkling wine*

-Velour bathrobes

I like to get the extra 2 points per night as well. The placement of the rooms are nice and really if you use the perks I think it is worth the minor upgrade in price.

Agreed!! When we booked our first concierge cabin one of the perks was "champagne on request." We thought this meant they might bring us a glass of champagne. To our suprise they brought a full bottle with an ice bucket and glasses. Nice! We enjoyed this perk several times. 🍾🥂

Yes, I know, it is cheap wine. But we always drink cheap wine LOL We don't have the budget to be picky. 😆

On our cruise, concierge also included unlimited mini bar and we made liberal use of this, including not only alcohol/ mini bottles of wine,  but also sodas and Kind bars.

All this along with the pillow menu and nice cabin made it very worthwhile for us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wiredforflight said:

I was in a concierge recently on the Equinox and when I asked for the sparkling wine on the first night my cabin steward brought it after dinner but also said I couldn't get another one. Not sure why he made that comment as I never asked for a second bottle although on a previous sailing I did receive a second bottle without asking.  He wasn't the best cabin steward I've had never knew my first name just cleaned the room. When I asked about the upgraded pillow menu he said he could only give me one. Not a big deal, I left auto tips on but didn't tip extra. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, luckybecky said:

Yes, I know, it is cheap wine. But we always drink cheap wine LOL We don't have the budget to be picky. 😆

That cheap wine makes great mimosas. I just order the premium OJ and make my own to enjoy on the balcony with breakfast.  Then I go to the Elite breakfast for a second mimosa or a peach bellini.  Take a third sometimes to the MDR for a full breakfast.  I hosted a new year's day breakfast with mimosas last week and everyone loved them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are in a concierge class on our 1/22 Reflection cruise (our first with X!) because I wanted a specific cabin - slanted extended balcony on the forward edge of the bump-out. The extra benefits are just a bonus, some of which we'll use and some we won't (pillow menu and sparkling wine - yes, please!).

• Like 1

I don’t think there’s an expanded breakfast room service menu anymore for concierge with the new free continental breakfast or paid premium breakfast, but would love to be proven wrong in this case. (Booked a concierge room for upcoming cruise for location plus this perk specifically as I don’t drink.)

2 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

We are in a concierge class on our 1/22 Reflection cruise (our first with X!) because I wanted a specific cabin - slanted extended balcony on the forward edge of the bump-out. The extra benefits are just a bonus, some of which we'll use and some we won't (pillow menu and sparkling wine - yes, please!).

I actually enjoyed the pillow menu better than the regular pillows and sparkling wine was a nice addition.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BazingAu said:

I don’t think there’s an expanded breakfast room service menu anymore for concierge with the new free continental breakfast or paid premium breakfast, but would love to be proven wrong in this case. (Booked a concierge room for upcoming cruise for location plus this perk specifically as I don’t drink.)

I was on the Equinox as recently as October 2022 and had the expanded breakfast menu. Smoothies and premium OJ although smoothies were not that good. I make better at home. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 8:56 AM, mahdnc said:

To be clear for the OP--who is already sold on Concierge Class--everyone gets an embarkation lunch. However Concierge Class gets theirs in the Main Dining Room while regular balcony passengers have theirs at the Oceanview Cafe. 

We have yet to be in a Concierge Class cabin since up to now my wife and I have always booked FV for our family of four. Our two kids are now grown and not cruising anymore with us. So I booked our first Concierge Class cabin for our 2025 Transpacific sailing on Solstice because we wanted one of the larger balconies found on the slant location of the hump and the cost difference from a regular balcony was small.

So for that 17 night cruise we will enjoy the 5 Club Points per night instead of the 3 we usually get with the FV. I was surprised to see that Aqua Class also gets 5 per night which seems low for what they are  usually priced at. 

My favorite perk in Concierge is the foot rests for the chairs on the veranda!  So easy to put up your feet, lean back, and nap!  Some of the other perks make it worthwhile, too.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, baypeople said:

My favorite perk in Concierge is the foot rests for the chairs on the veranda!  So easy to put up your feet, lean back, and nap!  Some of the other perks make it worthwhile, too.

The balcony we have for 2025 has a great deal of depth and a foot rest will work wonderfully there. 

5 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I was on the Equinox as recently as October 2022 and had the expanded breakfast menu. Smoothies and premium OJ although smoothies were not that good. I make better at home. 

When I order them I always ask them to add ice when they blend them.  I do not enjoy room temperature smoothies.  Same in the Spa Cafe. 

On 1/6/2023 at 1:00 PM, Static events said:

What’s the point in Concierge Class?   Doesn’t seem worth keeping….

It was created as a marketing ploy to get a higher rate for the same room.   Initially there was no concierge but now you have access to the Captain's Club Concierge -  you also have access as a CC member.

As time has gone by they have added a couple adders to justify the classification -  Concierge Embarkation Lunch, sometimes invites to the bridge and helipad. 

• Like 1