Self-serve ice machines... available?

Haqdeluxe

I'm not recalling self-serve ice machines on the Viking Ocean ships. I believe you simply ask your cabin steward for ice and they will see that your bucket is filled and stays filled.

This is my recollection... right or wrong? 

Thanks 

There are self-serve ice machines on the Longships. 

Edited by Haqdeluxe

47 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Sort of

Oh, Jim.  Don't tell me you violated USPH requirements regarding ice machines?  By restricting access to the machines, they guarantee that the scoops are used, and then hung up on the machine and not left laying inside the ice bin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Oh, Jim.  Don't tell me you violated USPH requirements regarding ice machines?  By restricting access to the machines, they guarantee that the scoops are used, and then hung up on the machine and not left laying inside the ice bin.

Hi Chief.

I didn't do it.  No one saw me. And you can't prove a thing.  😳

Actually I went into the pantry area and down the hall until I found someone and then had them refill my containers.  The afternoon delivery was missed.  After this they were always on time...

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

I didn't do it.  No one saw me. And you can't prove a thing.

I'll admit that the boss has to frequently pull me back from entering crew spaces to get from one place to another, as I know it is quicker through the crew spaces!  Don't think that would go over big with surveillance.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

I'll admit that the boss has to frequently pull me back from entering crew spaces to get from one place to another, as I know it is quicker through the crew spaces!  Don't think that would go over big with surveillance.

You guys are too funny...

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

I was tempted to explore the restricted access and crew areas, but then I thought about the consequences of being enlisted into indentured servitude where I might end up swabbing the decks or servicing rooms where I would be exposed to continual bird chirping... practicality got the best of me and I just asked our room steward for ice.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, UWDawg said:

I was tempted to explore the restricted access and crew areas, but then I thought about the consequences of being enlisted into indentured servitude where I might end up swabbing the decks or servicing rooms where I would be exposed to continual bird chirping... practicality got the best of me and I just asked our room steward for ice.   

You could have been impressed into the bilge cleaning gang....

I talk to our cabin steward and tell them we want the ice bucket filled 2X each day.  I have on occasion called room service for a bucket of ice.  Very quickly delivered

Edited by MSEm
spell correction

12 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

You guys are too funny...

This whole thread reminded me of the wide-ranging conversations that take place around water coolers or ice machines.

For instance if I met you, TayanaLorna, by an ice machine or cooler I might tell you how much I agreed with your comments on a recent thread which has since been closed. I would probably also mention how happy I was that you got 14 likes for your post and that you and OnTheJourney at least had the last word on the subject.

Apologies for the subject drift and to everyone who has not the slightest idea what I'm talking about 😁   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

Is there ice available at the juice machines in the WC? Can’t recall.

Being a UK member, my eyebrows went north when I read your post. Then I realised that by WC, you meant the World Cafe 😁. Across the pond, WC most often refers to a "Water Closet" or toilet so I was a bit  perplexed about the location of the juice machines.😨

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, arlowood said:

Being a UK member, my eyebrows went north when I read your post. Then I realised that by WC, you meant the World Cafe 😁. Across the pond, WC most often refers to a "Water Closet" or toilet so I was a bit  perplexed about the location of the juice machines.😨

You must be new to the Viking Ocean forum or have not sailed with Viking before…? Too funny! There are lots of Brits on this board but I don’t know if they avoid the acronym for the World Cafe 😂

7 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

You must be new to the Viking Ocean forum or have not sailed with Viking before…? Too funny! There are lots of Brits on this board but I don’t know if they avoid the acronym for the World Cafe 😂

Sorry - but my comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek. I did know what you were alluding to.

• Like 1