Can Move Up from Concierge Cabin to Aqua Class on the Edge. Should we bid?

granddutchess

Received the Move Up option on our sailing next week on the Edge.  Currently in a Concierge Class cabin on Deck 12 (I like the higher floor).  Trying to decide if it's worth it to bid for the upgrade?  I know this has been discussed before but have not sailed Aqua Class in awhile.  Thank you for your help.

I would look on the app at the Blu menu and see if you like the options. If not, pre-booking specialty restaurants at a discount could be a better option. We love Eden on the Edge.  Fine Cut Steakhouse is usually a one-time for us. Sushi on 5 is good too for light meals.  Might do the math.  Good luck.

So about $60 a day to eat in Blu + the other things if you use them. To me I would get a big specialty dining package for an extra few bucks a day, the only thing I use in AQ is Blu, I guess if you use the spa etc. it may change the value.

On 1/6/2023 at 9:07 PM, helen haywood said:

I would not select Aqua Class on an E Class ship because I really enjoy the 4 MDRs concept over just Blu.

You are aware that Aqua Class guest can dine in the MDR right?  You just need to make arrangements with the Maitre D'.    

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

You are aware that Aqua Class guest can dine in the MDR right?  You just need to make arrangements with the Maitre D'.    

My sister and I were on the Edge last January each in our own inside cabin. Loved the 4 dining rooms.  Never made reservations as we were at 670 guests onboard that sailing.  Our Apex TA in April will be a different story. 

We  like AQuaclass generally,  but did not care for BLU on EDGE...bad location, no views,  loud acoustics..,,( all corrected on BEYOND)  We much preferred the 4 mdr plan on EDGE.,  Unless you are a Thermal Suite person I would not do the bid on EDGE,..

46 minutes ago, hcat said:

We  like AQuaclass generally,  but did not care for BLU on EDGE...bad location, no views,  loud acoustics..,,( all corrected on BEYOND)  We much preferred the 4 mdr plan on EDGE.,  Unless you are a Thermal Suite person I would not do the bid on EDGE,..

I've never been in AQ so can't comment firsthand but have met people who have on Edge class ships and they were not impressed with Blu. Don't think I'd bid $400 as I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. 

I don’t think I’d pay more. I was on a B2B in AQ on Beyond because I got a very good deal. I liked Blu a lot—perhaps not so much for the food quality but I liked the more intimate nature of Blu and the wait staff. They knew our names and remembered some of our preferences. They were young and a bit inexperienced but they gave it their all and made us feel special despite some awkwardness in terms of skills.

I loved the Thermal suite but it got old quickly. The first week I went four times, the second only once.

I have another B2B next month. Maybe after not being AQ, I’ll recognize some pros that I don’t see now.

in any event, I really loved my first e- class cruise. I hope you do, too.

• Like 1

I also just got the move up offer prompt for our March 18 cruise. Currently have a midship prime veranda. Minimum offer is $150 pp. for upgrade.  I don't like the idea of not knowing where my stateroom will be, but Blu dining and spa amenities would be nice. Since it is spring break week, the ship will likely be full and I am thinking it may even be hard to get in the thermal spa spaces. Still thinking about it! 

9 hours ago, natshala said:

They knew our names and remembered some of our preferences. They were young and a bit inexperienced but they gave it their all and made us feel special despite some awkwardness in terms of skills.

I was at a table for 10 in the MDR and wait staff remembered all our names as well he was excellent efficient and service top notch.  Ditto for the sommelier. It just depends on the waiter you get not where you eat. 

I also got the upgrade invite and was looking only because it included the Thermal Spa.  We won't be able to do any of the specialty dining options since we are traveling with my father, brother and sister in law and my father (age 93 1/2!) want the MDR. So I am thinking the upgrade money is not money well spent.  Maybe the next time when we are alone....