Patters for 1/7/23 Discovery sailing?

elycelynne

If it’s not too much trouble, could someone on this week’s sailing please post photos of the Patters for each day?  I’m sailing next week and would love to get some info regarding activity and entertainment scheduling.  I would appreciate it immensely!

i will try later.

Lunch  in Skagway was fast, and  the beef was  tender and flavorful.  Doors for lunch opended aat noon, we were done by 12:30 - back  to room  to watch the safety video.

nothing on board to indicate that Mazalan to not going to be a stop.  

using  a wireless keyboard  with my ipad and it is difficult

tv shows seem to  be the same as the  last 7 cruises we have been on in the past year. few new movies but not many

20 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

i will try later.

Lunch  in Skagway was fast, and  the beef was  tender and flavorful.  Doors for lunch opended aat noon, we were done by 12:30 - back  to room  to watch the safety video.

nothing on board to indicate that Mazalan to not going to be a stop.  

using  a wireless keyboard  with my ipad and it is difficult

tv shows seem to  be the same as the  last 7 cruises we have been on in the past year. few new movies but not many

Roxie even if you could save the patters and then scan and post after you get home would be great. I’ve heard Wi-Fi is not great on Discovery and it may not be possible to post pics while you’re on the ship. Appreciate anything you can post for us 🙂 

8 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

You can see a lot of information for your cruise in the Journey View Activities Timeline in the app. It usually populates before sailing 

Do you know how soon before sailing the app is populated with activities?

25 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

You can see a lot of information for your cruise in the Journey View Activities Timeline in the app. It usually populates before sailing 

True, but navigating it isn’t particularly user friendly.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elycelynne said:

True, but navigating it isn’t particularly user friendly.  

I agree. I just really want to get an idea of when the majority of activities are so I can make sure my dinner reservations are at a good time. I’m so excited for our March sailing. 

ship left at 3:05p 

at 2:30tey announced that 1,400 passengers had not completed their safety requirements (watch video or checked into muster station

currently 3:30 and ship is turning around so we can head south 

5 hours ago, CruisnDeb said:

Do you know how soon before sailing the app is populated with activities?

I’ve seen it start populating as much as 60 days before sailing. There is no firm rule though  

• Thanks 1

at 2:30tey announced that 1,400 passengers had not completed their safety requirements (watch video or checked into muster station

IMG_20230108_082201.jpg

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

IMG_20230108_082201.jpg

Wow! I don't think I've ever heard on any of my Princess Cruises them coming over the speaker to announce how many people have not completed their safety requirements. But wow that is almost half a ship that didn't do it. Yikes. I don't understand people It is such a easy and hassle-free requirement to complete on Princess. 

this cruise has 3,358 passengers - seems very crowded

only one formal night on this cruise - the first sea day which is tonight

clocks forward one hour tonight and agin tomorrow night then back one the next night and then again the last night  - --   anyone know what time it is ???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, elycelynne said:

Only one formal night on a 7-night cruise?  That’s surprising.  I wonder if that’s a permanent change, or if it’s because the only sea day is on the last night?

Elyce - I am on the same cruise as you next week and all my paperwork says 2 formal nights so that's what I am planning for at this point...Not that I dress super fancy, but I do at least take off my jammies!  🤣

• Haha 2

On 1/10/2023 at 6:41 PM, EllaDuChien said:

Elyce - I am on the same cruise as you next week and all my paperwork says 2 formal nights so that's what I am planning for at this point...Not that I dress super fancy, but I do at least take off my jammies!  🤣

The first day patter has:

LA   smart casual

Sea day.  Formal

Sea day   smart casual

Puerto Vallarta.  Smart casual

Mazatlan.  Smart casual

Cabo   dress to impress

Sea day.  Smart casual

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

The first day patter has:

LA   smart casual

Sea day.  Formal

Sea day   smart casual

Puerto Vallarta.  Smart casual

Mazatlan.  Smart casual

Cabo   dress to impress

Sea day.  Smart casual

As someone new to Princess, is there a difference between "Formal" and "Dress to Impress?"  Even though our itinerary is in reverse with one sea day in front and two sea days on the back end, I'm guessing the suggestions will remain the same.

On 1/10/2023 at 6:27 PM, elycelynne said:

Only one formal night on a 7-night cruise?  That’s surprising.  I wonder if that’s a permanent change, or if it’s because the only sea day is on the last night?

2 hours ago, EllaDuChien said:

As someone new to Princess, is there a difference between "Formal" and "Dress to Impress?"  Even though our itinerary is in reverse with one sea day in front and two sea days on the back end, I'm guessing the suggestions will remain the same.

When there are not two sea days at the end, the second formal night is called dress to impress since it’s after a port call. I have no idea what difference it actually makes. I think on the reverse itinerary, both are labeled formal since there are enough sea days. 

• Like 1