Yacht club drinks over $15

Cjdbrit

You have to pay the whole price of the drink.  Inside the YC though, it's been my experience that they will make you any drink regardless of the price of the drink and not charge you anything.  When you go outside of the YC to other bars, you will have to pay full price for anything over $15

• Like 1

Thanks that makes sense. First time on MSc and yacht club. Always normally celebrity and they allow you to pay the difference with the premium package. So nice sometimes to have a $20+ glass of wine 😊

• Like 1

The best wine we had on our recent cruise was the wine , during our meals in YC.
YC Restaurant manager was also a sommelier.

He offered us amazing wines in the restaurant. Never charged extra.

We did attend a wine tasting event he hosted.
Extra charge for this but was good exposure to some very expensive wines.

Enjoy your cruise and YC experience.

Edited by phissy
  • Like 2

One nice things versus other lines, you can have drinks delivered to your room. We would also do an order in the lounge and usually one of the Butlers will "insist" on carrying it back to your room for you. I enjoyed having a glass of wine while getting ready for dinner, or something after returning from an excursion.

On 1/7/2023 at 10:27 PM, nednrom said:

You have to pay the whole price of the drink.  Inside the YC though, it's been my experience that they will make you any drink regardless of the price of the drink and not charge you anything.....

That was our experience, to a limited degree (if 2 or 3 euros or dollars more) on our first 6 YC cruises. On our most recent a couple of months ago, it was a clear and definite not available unless it's charged to your account.

The most annoying thing for me is the list of signature cocktails in every bar, intentionally priced at 1euro or dollar above the premium extra threshold. I had a discussion with YC Director that such drinks ought to be available without charge in YC.....a resolute no was the clear answer, even though my previous experiences were that YC would serve such drinks!

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, hamrag said:

The most annoying thing for me is the list of signature cocktails in every bar, intentionally priced at 1euro or dollar above the premium extra threshold. I had a discussion with YC Director that such drinks ought to be available without charge in YC.....a resolute no was the clear answer, even though my previous experiences were that YC would serve such drinks!

Totally agree! The smoked cocktails and other specialty drinks are $1 USD more than the limit and thus, "off limits." The biggest tick me off in the US market is the pinot noir which is priced at $15.50, or $.50 over the limit and a "hard no" at the bars... arghhh....

On 1/8/2023 at 9:53 PM, mnpurple said:

One nice things versus other lines, you can have drinks delivered to your room. We would also do an order in the lounge and usually one of the Butlers will "insist" on carrying it back to your room for you. I enjoyed having a glass of wine while getting ready for dinner, or something after returning from an excursion.

Yes!  I loved this YC perk. I also have my husband pop that bottle of bubbly on the first day and enjoy that while I'm unpacking. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 10:27 PM, nednrom said:

You have to pay the whole price of the drink.  Inside the YC though, it's been my experience that they will make you any drink regardless of the price of the drink and not charge you anything.  When you go outside of the YC to other bars, you will have to pay full price for anything over $15

This was not my experience. Prior to my cruise on Bellissima I've read a lot that in the Yacht Club you can get a drink priced above your drink package. So, I have asked for McCallan, which was only €1 more than the package limit and was told that I would have to pay the full price. So I think that depends on a bartender. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JoLoca2208 said:

This was not my experience. Prior to my cruise on Bellissima I've read a lot that in the Yacht Club you can get a drink priced above your drink package. So, I have asked for McCallan, which was only €1 more than the package limit and was told that I would have to pay the full price. So I think that depends on a bartender. 

McCallan was specifically the one that I could get. I think they may have felt somewhat guilty with regard to the tonic water they were serving, and were lenient with me. It is Royal Club tonic, YC lounge and everywhere else on the ship.....it's rotten. The YC minibars had fever tree, and I asked for that only to be told it's not stocked in the bars! 🤔

So, I asked for gin and ice meanwhile headed to the cabin and returned with fever tree tonic. They stood beside me while I poured it over the gin, immediately removing the empty bottle. Ten minutes later the YC Director is explaining to me why they don't stock it in the bars!! My response, politely, was that the explanation was not credible and therefore I'd have no option but to bring my fever tree on every lounge visit. When asked if there was any other premium drink I liked, my response was McCallan, and it was served every time I asked thereafter.

• Like 3

On 1/12/2023 at 5:56 PM, hamrag said:

McCallan was specifically the one that I could get. I think they may have felt somewhat guilty with regard to the tonic water they were serving, and were lenient with me. It is Royal Club tonic, YC lounge and everywhere else on the ship.....it's rotten. The YC minibars had fever tree, and I asked for that only to be told it's not stocked in the bars! 🤔

We did the same thing for a Hendricks' and Fever Tree cocktail .. had to bring from mini bar.  Completely baffling 🙂

On 1/14/2023 at 4:18 PM, Morgsmom said:

We did the same thing for a Hendricks' and Fever Tree cocktail .. had to bring from mini bar.  Completely baffling 🙂

They offered to call our butler to bring a couple of bottles from their store room. Noooooooooo, that way the FT is not even chilled! 😉

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2023 at 8:37 PM, phissy said:

The best wine we had on our recent cruise was the wine , during our meals in YC.
YC Restaurant manager was also a sommelier.

He offered us amazing wines in the restaurant. Never charged extra.

We did attend a wine tasting event he hosted.
Extra charge for this but was good exposure to some very expensive wines.

Enjoy your cruise and YC experience.

Do you know if the wine tasting event is something they offer each week?

7 hours ago, jules815 said:

Do you know if the wine tasting event is something they offer each week?

Our last 3 cruises, I do not remember a wine tasting event offered in YC.

On our cruise last October on the Divina, the YC manager did this for cruise. It seems the YC Director, Head Butler and YC restaurant manager received directive from corporate to try and come up with something extra or special for guests.

He said it was the first time doing this and hoped they would continue it.

YC Director had two extra evening parties up on One Pool. One was Caribbean party and another was magic show by onboard entertainment.

MSC is trying new things and our cruise was the first week of implementing this. 
Hopefully others will report back if this has continued.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

The butler could get them from your minibar!  

They could, but we would never treat them like children and insist they do that! They bring the bottles from store room stock. Apart from that, in our case, our cabin was same deck as lounge just off the long corridor....took me two minutes from leaving lounge to return. 😉

On 1/21/2023 at 11:59 AM, hamrag said:

They could, but we would never treat them like children and insist they do that! They bring the bottles from store room stock. Apart from that, in our case, our cabin was same deck as lounge just off the long corridor....took me two minutes from leaving lounge to return. 😉

Normally the butlers insist to do things!