Cost of 5 bottle classic wine package

jawsbad

@jawsbad   I have not see the three, five, & seven bottle wine packages for a years.  

For our Millennium April cruise I am showing that you can order Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon for $63.00 a bottle or your can get Mer Soleil Chardonnay for $68.00 a bottle.   Those are the only wine by the bottle options I see in my cruise planner. 

12 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

@jawsbad   I have not see the three, five, & seven bottle wine packages for a years.  

For our Millennium April cruise I am showing that you can order Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon for $63.00 a bottle $17/bottle at Total Wine or your can get Mer Soleil Chardonnay for $68.00 $18/bottle at Total Wine bottle.   Those are the only wine by the bottle options I see in my cruise planner. 

• Haha 1

@LGW59. Not sure of you intent, if other than to point out Celebrity, like every other establishment I know of that serves alcohol has a mark up on it. 

Let me ask you how much you pay for a glass of wine at a restaurant?  

Consider this -- a bottle of Decoy Cabernet contains 750 ml.  One ounce is equal to about 30 ml.  So there are approximately 4 6-oz glasses of wine to a 750 ml bottle.  That comes to roughly $15.75 per glass.   That's about what I pay for a glass of red wine in the restaurant/bar at a Marriott Hotel.  

Now, can we agree to recommend to @jawsbad that he would be much better off brining two bottles of his favorite wine onboard on embarkation day.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

@LGW59. Not sure of you intent, if other than to point out Celebrity, like every other establishment I know of that serves alcohol has a mark up on it. 

Let me ask you how much you pay for a glass of wine at a restaurant?  

Consider this -- a bottle of Decoy Cabernet contains 750 ml.  One ounce is equal to about 30 ml.  So there are approximately 4 6-oz glasses of wine to a 750 ml bottle.  That comes to roughly $15.75 per glass.   That's about what I pay for a glass of red wine in the restaurant/bar at a Marriott Hotel.  

Now, can we agree to recommend to @jawsbad that he would be much better off brining two bottles of his favorite wine onboard on embarkation day.  

No malicous intent, just pointing out the mark up in what Celebrity refers to as "premium" wine, and for the record, when I did drink, it did not bother me in the least, when I would see a wine/drink I wanted, I'd order it, it is what it is and I am on vacation.  Also consider, on my cruise this past fall, I had to pay for the premium bev package, as it was included in my booking, and I did not have any alcoholic bevs.  I did though drink them right out of Pellegrino & Perrier sparkling water, cappuccino, espresso, still felt I got my $ worth from the premium bev package.

When I did drink and ordered wine by the glass at a restaurant, I'd typically pay $15-$20/glass

And yes, def bring a couple of your own bottles, and esp if you spend $60+/bottle at home...that will be some very very nice wine

Edited by LGW59

1 hour ago, jawsbad said:

What is the cost of a five bottle classic wine package vs a premium wine package

It’s in the app.

Under dining, main restaurant, wine, then scroll down to the bottom. 

$259 for 5 bottles premium 

$199 for 5 bottles basic

AC4B38AF-06A9-4CC2-908A-A8E60F4CB9D5.jpeg

8F0ABF99-21FB-4893-9AC8-10B7D8A7FB03.jpeg

Edited by son3cruisers
  • Thanks 1

When we purchased the package a few years ago we met with the Sommelier and he went over which wines were in stock in the packages before we bought the package.  This was pre pandemic and shortages weren’t a real issue.

But with less supply I would recommend asking which wines are on board before purchasing.

• Like 1

Just now, snow bunny said:

@son3cruisers wine used to be listed in my app for my cruise next month however it is no longer showing.  Which sailing is this for?

I found it on my Millennium cruise scheduled for April. 

I had to look at the main dining room wine list.  It was not showing under Luminae. 

11 hours ago, LGW59 said:

And yes, def bring a couple of your own bottles, and esp if you spend $60+/bottle at home...that will be some very very nice wine

I always bring 2 rather pricey bottles of cabernet onboard.  I typically spend between $50 - $70 on a bottle of wine for a special occasion but only buy when they're marked down at my local LCBO in Ontario Canada.  Just for comparison Decoy cab costs $40 here and Decoy special edition Pinot Noir is $50 the Pinot being far superior in taste. We have high liquor taxes here.  Whenever I go to Total Wine in Fort Lauderdale I'm like a kid in a candy shop. 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, drakes2 said:We have high liquor taxes here.  Whenever I go to Total Wine in Fort Lauderdale I'm like a kid in a candy shop. 😆 

Sounds like it’s time for you to buy a Pelican case and customize to carry wine.  Stop by Total Wine on your way to the airport, stock up, and fill the Pelican case up. 

Pelican Case 1440 Replacement Foam Inserts for 8 Wine Bottles