Mardi Gras drink or bar recommendations

Elsammo46

Hi all! I’ll be going on the Mardi Gras for the first time in a little under 2 weeks. I was recently looking over all the bar menus and got a bit overwhelmed. There are so many options! I was surprised that it seems like almost every bar has a unique menu, that’s cool! With that being said, what are some of y’all’s favorite drinks from that ship that I could try? Let me know so I can start making a list 😂

Another post on this board a few months ago (it was a LIVE from Mardi Gras review) was talking about something the poster had something made at Alchemy. It was a chocolate martini somehow infused with coconut... the poster said it tasted like an Almond Joy chocolate bar. I need to track that post down and note it for my cruise in 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

Brass Magnolia - especially with the bartenders there currently. They're like the bartenders at Alchemy, you can tell them what you like and they'll make it - you don't have to order off the menu. I like champagne based drinks so I was mostly drinking French 75, French Kiss, Bellini or Elderberry Spritz. Melissa made my husband a French Martini and that was his favorite drink there for the rest of the week until she made him a chocolate martini he loved.

• Like 3

We loved them all except Fortune Teller.  The drinks were just ok and the service was snails pace because they were busy creating giant bubbles or whatever on the drinks.  Neat for the first time, annoying after.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Brass Magnolia, best bar on the ship. Hurricane or praline truffle

Agree with BM... but if you like bourbon or rye go for the Vieux carre or sazerac!

Fortune Teller and Alchemy can be crowded in the evenings.   If so, I suggest not ordering a real complicated drink.

The other great option if you just want a whisky or such on the rocks, is the Steakhouse Bar.  Order at teh bar and grab a nice seat in the passageway.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Michelle236 said:

Pig and Anchors Smoky Watermelon Margarita and the Fortune Tellers Golden Galaxy.  Sooo good 🙂

Smoky Watermelon Margarita is great!  Also made by my favorite Bar Tender Vladimir.

• Like 1

I loved the drinks at the Fortune Teller bar.  They were inventive.  The Venus Rising was my favorite.  The reason I loved the bar in the seating area across from the actual bar normally had a guitarist playing.  Kinda my thing on a ship so I thought it was cool.   

• Like 1

For us back in March it was the Alchemy bar with bar tender Alexander or Alex for short.  Can't remember all the different drinks we tried but they were all great.  For us, it was more about the service Alex provided each and every night there.  Even for our 18 year old daughter who couldn't drink alcohol but he would make her a non-alcoholic drink that looked like the alcoholic drinks every time we came and never charged us for her drinks.

Can't remember the bar, but I remember the drink. I was on Libery, and the drink was a Miami Vice. It came out in a tall glass, a frozen rum drink, half red and half white, the colors were side by side, not one on top of the other. It had a nice tropical punch flavor. It was pretty to look at and refreshing. (Took a long time to drink because it was frozen. I nursed it for about an hour.)