Royal Caribbean New Menus - Expected on all ships by end of February

7 minutes ago, Tatka said:

When we are in Maine we only eat whole lobsters so any possibility meat was frozen is eliminated. Preferably in lobster ponds/schacks 

I assure you the Clam Shack does NOT use frozen lobster.  There are many great places to get lobster rolls in Maine.  None serve previously frozen lobster.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

The British menu looks great to me. 

I was highly disappointed to see the Fish & Chips disappear from the menus.  

yeah the Italian menu looked very underwhelming.

But I just posted in another thread that I was seeing MDR menus in the app for March and it doesn't match up to what is posted here

Edited by pittnh

4 minutes ago, pittnh said:

yeah the Italian menu looked very underwhelming.

But I just posted in another thread that I was seeing MDR menus in the app for March and it doesn't match up to what is posted here

Which ship, as the new menus have not been updated on all ships.  My Feb. 4 Anthem sail still shows the original menu.  

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

Which ship, as the new menus have not been updated on all ships.  My Feb. 4 Anthem sail still shows the original menu.  

this was for Oasis.  Main concern was no lobster night showing on app 😐

18 hours ago, Tatka said:

Do people really order additional Lobsters to eat later?!

What an unusual idea! 🙂

Do they keep and re-heat butter too?

Where do you see people say they’re keeping them to eat later??

• Like 2

14 hours ago, nelblu said:

What was on the Pinnies lunch.   Disappointed with the D+ lunch with an Officer on the recent Oasis December sail.  No soup(s) and the steak was veiny and chewwy.  However, the Royal chocolate cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream was excellent.

Pax's were raving about the banana split dessert form the kiddie's menu, but alas no longer available in the new menu. 

Was much better than Serenade a couple of weeks ago.   Back to Surf and Turf, which we like, and two other items that I can't remember right now...6 am brain.  😉

Though unlike Wonder and Harmony...the "surf" is shrimp not lobster.  My steak was fantastic...big thick Chop's steak perfectly prepared.   Clam chowder and salad were appetizers.   

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

Was much better than Serenade a couple of weeks ago.   Back to Surf and Turf, which we like, and two other items that I can't remember right now...6 am brain.  😉

Though unlike Wonder and Harmony...the "surf" is shrimp not lobster.  My steak was fantastic...big thick Chop's steak perfectly prepared.   Clam chowder and salad were appetizers.   

Nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donsyb said:

I understood it as ordering more but not eating them, meaning they ran out for people on late dining?

Why would people order more and not eat them? 

12 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Why would people order more and not eat them? 

Reference the typical "I am going to eat my money's worth" mentality in the WJ by some pax ......with their morbidly overloaded plates.  😛

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Donsyb said:

I understood it as ordering more but not eating them, meaning they ran out for people on late dining?

This is how I read it also - the original post used some creative spacing:

On 1/13/2023 at 11:07 AM, JLvacation said:

Also I read on another thread here . Where they are putting limit's on ordering thing's ! Because People are ordering , However not eating them . Which in turn is leaving them with out for later Diner's ! ( Lobster Night ) being one of them ! 

If anyone here can confirm these changes , Please do ! 

On 1/13/2023 at 11:20 AM, Tatka said:

Do people really order additional Lobsters to eat later?!

What an unusual idea! 🙂

Do they keep and re-heat butter too?

6 hours ago, Donsyb said:

Where do you see people say they’re keeping them to eat later??

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

I noticed the same thing that there is no lobster entre on any of the menus that I have seen, ( or is my eyesight worse than I thought? 

It is on the last menu she posted...."Royal night" under Chef's recommendation.

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2023 at 2:59 PM, D4 said:

I’m on the Oasis right now (1/8/2023)

We were on Oasis for 2 weeks in March/April and the current menus are different.  I am gluten free and am disappointed that the menus on this sailing no longer include the dietary indicators. 

I used to place my gluten free order the night before with a head waiter.   Now I order with everyone else at the table.  My waiter says to let him know what I’d like and then he will find out if it can be gluten free.  That’s not efficient and it is dangerous especially with language issues.

This adds a lot more risk for people with allergies and unfairly puts a lot more pressure on the waiters.

Fortunately, I remember most things I ate in March.  But I also tell him safe alternates if my choices can’t be gluten free.  Otherwise he’d have to come back to tell me and have me pick something else.

Wait, really? Even if it as allergy? May I ask what ship you are on?

On 1/10/2023 at 11:34 AM, floridacruisegirl said:

Thank you, very much, for posting the new menus.  Just like with Celebrity Cruises, the "no sugar added" desserts are now only as ice cream, rather than an actual dessert.  Does anyone know if "no sugar added" desserts can still be requested in the main dining room even if it's no longer on the menu?  Thank you, in advance.

There was a no sugar added item every night. Just look for the symbol. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Don't order this. Anything but classic! It is an Asian take on the classic. Noodles, peppers, 4 or 5 small strips of beef in a light sauce.

Screenshot_20230115_085349_Chrome.jpg

Classic or not, I had it on Explorer in October and it was lick the plate worthy.  That and the Coq au Vin were the absolute highlights of the week.  No noodles, served as stated with rice.

4 minutes ago, poocher said:

Classic or not, I had it on Explorer in October and it was lick the plate worthy.  That and the Coq au Vin were the absolute highlights of the week.  No noodles, served as stated with rice.

Not what we were served on the Explorer this week. The head waiter says he cringes when it's on the menu due to complaints. He blamed the Asian chef. We obviously were served completely different meals. I have no idea why. We are on the ship again this week so I will post a photo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only thing I don't like is that the chef's recommendations are not repeated in their respective category.  I think people will miss or forget those recommendations when ordering.  I noticed that at least on the Welcome Aboard night they were repeated but not on any of the other menus.