$ for port stop in Cartagena?

Travelling2Some

I know Cartagena, Columbia, is part of South America but I'm asking here since it is frequently part of a PC cruise.  Can those who have been there tell me if US dollars are generally acceptable in shops/restaurants and the vendors in the port area or should we get some pesos?  I am not much of a shopper and our independent tour guide (Dora) wants to be paid in US.  Thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1

USD $'s will be just fine. We were recently there this past October during our Panama Canal itinerary.

We were going to book with Dora but opted to DIY and took a taxi from the port (which itself is amazing with the bird/animal exhibits) to the old walled city and back.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Travlin grrl said:

How do you book Dora? I will be there in April. Do you just get a taxi to town? 

Just email her at dora@cartagenatour.com  She is very responsive and will meet you near the pier so no need to taxi. $75 for 4 hours, you pay in cash at the end of the tour.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2023 at 11:11 AM, Lilz said:

Just email her at dora@cartagenatour.com  She is very responsive and will meet you near the pier so no need to taxi. $75 for 4 hours, you pay in cash at the end of the tour.

Great guide did tour with her and her driver last month

• 2 weeks later...

Her team meets you about 500 feet from where you walk off ship. Easy to find and they have a sign with your name on it. Just need to pay in cash after your tour. After tour, make sure to walk through the free bird sanctuary before going back on ship. Very cool and don't skip the back of it. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2023 at 7:59 PM, Lilz said:

Her team meets you about 500 feet from where you walk off ship. Easy to find and they have a sign with your name on it. Just need to pay in cash after your tour. After tour, make sure to walk through the free bird sanctuary before going back on ship. Very cool and don't skip the back of it. 

Hi, On a tour with Doracan one request the places to see and where to spend xtra time?

1 hour ago, cruizingOmi said:

Hi, On a tour with Doracan one request the places to see and where to spend xtra time?

I don't know but you can easily email her through her website and she will respond.

19 hours ago, cruizingOmi said:

if it is a completely private tour just for you, I am sure that you can ask her to bring you where you want, if it is a group tour not sure that she would change it.  We really enjoyed out tour with her last month, it really showed us a lot of the city, now I want to go back and just go on my own in the old city to just walk around.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, clochette said:

We really enjoyed out tour with her last month, it really showed us a lot of the city, now I want to go back and just go on my own in the old city to just walk around.

We loved our tour with Dora some years ago.  On a return visit to Cartagena, we took an early morning cab to the Fortaleza and toured it on our own. Very interesting experience, and beautiful views from the top.  

• Like 1

• 6 months later...