Timing For Infinity Refurbishment?

N 2 Sun

Hello all. I love Celebrity cruises and am interested in booking two Mediterranean cruises on the Infinity for Fall 2023….it’s itineraries are wonderful. 

I had a nice on the Constellation in October but was surprised by two things…..food in the buffet that was not as good as on previous cruises and the towels in our cabin were extremely old and cheap. 

I’ve read a few reviews stating the Infinity is getting a bit run down. 

Has anyone on this board been on the Infinity recently?  If so, how did you find it to be?

Does anyone know when it is due for a refurbishment?

Thank you. 

Marilyn

No ships that haven't received the "revolutionizing" have any schedule as to when it will happen.  The pandemic took the budget for those. 

I was on Infinity for 40 nights from November 11 through December 21, in a standard veranda room.  It's true the ship's decor is somewhat dated, and the stateroom on the revolutionized M class ships now have a design I prefer.  That being said, if someone offered me a free cruise on any Celebrity ship - and for the sake of this lets imagine the itinerary was the same - I'd be very likely to choose the Infinity.  Why?  The ship's crew.  All Celebrity ships have fantastic staff, but the Infinity currently has a leadership team that has inspired the crew to work as a team with a focus on guest satisfaction. 

Beyond that, while the decor is not as "current" as other ships, the ship is well maintained, clean, and certainly not "run down".

Given that you have found itineraries that appeal, I would assure you that it's entirely possible to have wonderful cruises upon the Infinity. 

Harris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, N 2 Sun said:

Hello all. I love Celebrity cruises and am interested in booking two Mediterranean cruises on the Infinity for Fall 2023….it’s itineraries are wonderful. 

I had a nice on the Constellation in October but was surprised by two things…..food in the buffet that was not as good as on previous cruises and the towels in our cabin were extremely old and cheap. 

I’ve read a few reviews stating the Infinity is getting a bit run down. 

Has anyone on this board been on the Infinity recently?  If so, how did you find it to be?

Does anyone know when it is due for a refurbishment?

Thank you. 

Marilyn

We were on the Infinity in October and thought the ship was in great shape for her age. We had a great cruise with excellent food and entertainment. If there was one negative, the buffet didn't have the variety that the larger ships have but the food was still very good in the buffet. The ship did not look dated as far as decor and furniture. We also loved the promenade deck that all the older ships have with deck chairs and a quiet place to read a book and watch the ocean go by. As far as the towels I'm pretty sure they were in good shape otherwise I would have remembered.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I concur with my Air Force friend above. We sailed on Infinity the end of October this year and were very pleased with everything. We had some initial difficulties with our air conditioning, but a call down to the purser's office resulting in maintenance being done within an hour. Great ship. We sailed on the "revolutionized" (I think) Summit in July, and my wife actually enjoyed the Infinity more.

I just booked the Reflection for later this year and I wonder if anyone knows if she has revolutionized? Gotta do some research on her today when I can get a roundtoit.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I concur with my Air Force friend above. We sailed on Infinity the end of October this year and were very pleased with everything. We had some initial difficulties with our air conditioning, but a call down to the purser's office resulting in maintenance being done within an hour. Great ship. We sailed on the "revolutionized" (I think) Summit in July, and my wife actually enjoyed the Infinity more.

I just booked the Reflection for later this year and I wonder if anyone knows if she has revolutionized? Gotta do some research on her today when I can get a roundtoit.

Doug

No the Reflection has not been revolutionized,  nor has the Solstice, Eclipse, Infinity or Constellation. Equinox had a partial Revolutionizing.

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We are on the reflection in Feb. My understanding is that it hasn't got the full treatment, but it did go in for a short dry dock in 2022, which included updating the soft fittings, chairs, carpet, beds ect. But not a full "revolution". I believe the last thing I read was sometime in 2023, but as someone else posted I think a lot of the big changes have been cancelled or suspended due to the pandemic. We've only sailed on the M class to date, this will be our first cruise on the older ship, and have been told by a few people it will be a much more traditional cruising experience. 

• Thanks 1

We are sailing the Infinity late this fall. We are doing the cruise Spain, Morocco and Canary Islands. We chose it for this itinerary.   We have been on the Equinox and in February will be on Apex but have no reservations about Infinity. We will be so busy sight seeing and on the go we think a smaller ship will be perfect for this cruise. If you go have a wonderful cruise. 🚢

• Thanks 1