LIVE From the “80s Theme” Regal - 1/11/23 - 4 Day Princess Cays

CanadianBurger

20 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Just announced that because of the FAA meltdown grounding all flights this morning, our sailing is delayed until 6:30. 

Hopefully everyone made it onboard. That was one heck of a mess. 

Great thread. Thanks for sharing.

Played a bunch of blackjack last night, and I’m pleased to report I’m up a whopping $20!

The table was getting a little annoyed with the one guy continually doing things like hitting on 16 against the dealer’s 5, drawing the 10 that would have busted the dealer. 

86A8D84D-9728-4CDD-8835-F2D72F17C424.thumb.jpeg.c57f960064db24e502ef382253a6dff4.jpeg

1 minute ago, CanadianBurger said:

Played a bunch of blackjack last night, and I’m pleased to report I’m up a whopping $20!

The table was getting a little annoyed with the one guy continually doing things like hitting on 16 against the dealer’s 5, drawing the 10 that would have busted the dealer. 

Congrats on the win!  I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to lock in your profit.  Those are some nice chips.

As for the not-fully-clued-in player, it's a hazard of playing the game, I've found.  Sometimes stuff like this annoys me too, though mostly I tune it out.  In the long run, what the other players do have no effect on my winnings.

3 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Not mentioned on this cruise, but click on the Live in my signature for the Patters from December to check a longer cruise. 

Thanks…..it was listed on the longer cruise.   Guess I’ll bring my paddle and give it a go.

enjoy the rest of the cruise and good luck at blackjack.  

5 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:🙄 This was our third trip on the Regal, not crazy at all about the minuscule balconies - yours looked a bit deeper, which deck are you on? Enjoy your trip! 

Regardless of deck, the midship cabins 407-429 all have larger balconies because of the jut-out under the Skywalk and SeaView. 

77A3AB48-44B7-45D7-BEF1-8EF61C3AEE6E.thumb.jpeg.844ffd328c9e9781fb3379396fad8cfd.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Congrats on the win!  I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to lock in your profit.  Those are some nice chips.

As for the not-fully-clued-in player, it's a hazard of playing the game, I've found.  Sometimes stuff like this annoys me too, though mostly I tune it out.  In the long run, what the other players do have no effect on my winnings.

If that happened continually I would leave the table. It can throw an entire shoe off

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, cruisegal40 said:

I believe they are building an Omni Hotel and convention center. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

You aren't wrong!  It will be a 29 story hotel and a second convention center building.  Completion estimated to be sometime 'in late 2025.'

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Regardless of deck, the midship cabins 407-429 all have larger balconies because of the jut-out under the Skywalk and SeaView. 

77A3AB48-44B7-45D7-BEF1-8EF61C3AEE6E.thumb.jpeg.844ffd328c9e9781fb3379396fad8cfd.jpeg

Okay, thanks for your response. I purposefully avoided choosing a cabin under or near Skywalk. I assume you’ve walked it and noticed the easy view into nearby cabins.

We were on Dolphin 608. Tiny, tiny balcony but we made do. 

1 minute ago, JoRoy218 said:

Okay, thanks for your response. I purposefully avoided choosing a cabin under or near Skywalk. I assume you’ve walked it and noticed the easy view into nearby cabins.

We were on Dolphin 608. Tiny, tiny balcony but we made do. 

Yes. If you book port side, it can’t be looked into. 

21 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

The Cruise Director on this voyage, Allie Ambriano, getting into the 80s spirit. 

350DEFA7-1842-4781-BE52-CD9F55BA7F2A.thumb.jpeg.53ebe6a90a36404b1dfee6f1df647841.jpeg

This is not how I remember the 80's. Not at all. This looks more like someone who wasn't there trying far too hard and having absolutely no clue about the time period in question. Of course, this might be the 80's in Japan... 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

This is not how I remember the 80's. Not at all. This looks more like someone who wasn't there trying far too hard and having absolutely no clue about the time period in question.

Agree. This outfit looks more 90’s to me… If it was 80’s she would have had the high side leotard with no skirt but with leg warmers 🤣 Or the outfit would have had a tulle skirt - but the whole outfit would have been black a la Madonna… 😬