Mardi Gras still free and still rocking?

shibby sails

Was on Mardi Gras first week of November and first week of December. Chi Bang and Cucina were free with YTD. Is that still the case in January? I am sailing it again on January 21st. Also both trips the boat rocked all over the place, like it didn't have stabilizers. A lot of people were having trouble walking straight. Staff said it was storm and/or undercurrent. Really? Both times? Has it been smooth sailing recently, and has anyone else who has sailed this ship noticed this.

We were on MG on January 2, 2022.  
No problems with the ship rocking. 

Approximately 11 months later on Dec 3, 2022, it was rocking so bad that my husband spent the better part of the week horribly seasick.  So we were surprised at the difference.  In fact, fellow passengers were talking about how bad it was.  The seas were pretty rough. 

So I don’t think it had anything to do with the ship itself unless something was broken.

14 hours ago, shibby sails said:

Was on Mardi Gras first week of November and first week of December. Chi Bang and Cucina were free with YTD. Is that still the case in January? I am sailing it again on January 21st. Also both trips the boat rocked all over the place, like it didn't have stabilizers…..

I was on Freedom the first week of December and many people got sick and spoke of the excessive rocking. I also wondered if we were having stabilizer problems but I was high deck very forward so expected more motion. . I enjoy the rocking so didn’t really notice it much but did have sea legs for a few days after getting back home this time.

4 hours ago, audcc77 said:

We were on MG on January 2, 2022.  
No problems with the ship rocking. 

Approximately 11 months later on Dec 3, 2022, it was rocking so bad that my husband spent the better part of the week horribly seasick.  So we were surprised at the difference.  In fact, fellow passengers were talking about how bad it was.  The seas were pretty rough. 

So I don’t think it had anything to do with the ship itself unless something was broken.

That very same week (12/3) we were on Spirit on a similar itinerary to MG.  In fact, we berthed next to her in San Jose.  We had the same problem with very rough seas pretty much all week.  It's not the ship.  It did settle down a little at the end of the week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CajunOyster said:

That very same week (12/3) we were on Spirit on a similar itinerary to MG.  In fact, we berthed next to her in San Jose.  We had the same problem with very rough seas pretty much all week.  It's not the ship.  It did settle down a little at the end of the week.

By the way, the Spirit looked like a dinghy tied up next to Mardi Gras.

17 hours ago, shibby sails said:

Was on Mardi Gras first week of November and first week of December. Chi Bang and Cucina were free with YTD. Is that still the case in January? I am sailing it again on January 21st. Also both trips the boat rocked all over the place, like it didn't have stabilizers. A lot of people were having trouble walking straight. Staff said it was storm and/or undercurrent. Really? Both times? Has it been smooth sailing recently, and has anyone else who has sailed this ship noticed this.

We were on the thanksgiving cruise! I have been on many boats and none rocked as much as the Mardi Gras! It was awful! Felt like  the moving never stopped

We did B2B on MG this past summer, so both eastern and western routes.

the ship was so still on the western route, often didn’t realize we were ever moving. The eastern route, we rocked, just like other ships on the eastern route we have been on. I think it has more to do with moving in and out of the Atlantic and Caribbean oceans and the rough currents that sit in that transition,  it is one of the corners of the Bermuda Triangle…