1-12-23 WEIGH IN

Izena

Good morning everyone.  Weather is crazy in Houston. Daily highs are anywhere from 60- 80.  
I’m down 2.5 lbs.   still snacking.   I’m still walking 4-6 miles daily (2 walks at dog park)   I usually drive a 2005 Honda.  Bought a Subaru May 2021 I’ve walked more miles than I have driven the Subaru. 

starting a new activity routine. Normal routine was walk x2 rest of time spent playing games on I pad,. Now trying to do yard work 2 times a day.  Also planning on walking the neighborhood retention ponds - walk up and down the sloped sides to use different muscles. Time will tell. 

hope everyone is having a great time cruising

Izena - sounds like this has been a great week for you!   Weather is crazy here too - almost no snow and the temps have been a little warmer than normal.  It could change anytime though.

I stayed the same this week. Was hoping for a little loss - but, better than gaining.  I meet with the cancer surgeon for a follow-up tomorrow.  Had a mammogram last Friday and everything was normal.  I'm ok.

Been booking tours for our cruise in April - it keeps me busy!  Jan

Can I join in here? My husband and I are going on our first cruise in March 2024 (yes, it’s a long way off).

This week I am down to 252 lb, from 258 at the beginning of the year. I always lose a lot right at first, but that rate won’t continue for long. I’m counting calories, trying to have a decent protein/fat/carb ratio, making sure to eat some veggies and fruit, but not following any prescribed diet otherwise. My ability to exercise is limited by flat feet and an associated ankle injury, but I do go to the gym 1-2x per week and find things to do that won’t aggravate my ankle.

I’ve been fat most of my adult life, but need to get it under control because I feel like it’s impacting my health more the last few years. If I am disciplined and can lose a pound a week until our cruise, I will be under 200 lb for the cruise, which would be fabulous. It won’t be easy sticking to it,  but I’m going to try!

• Like 1

Welcome breakneck glad to have you joining us.  You can do it.

Main thing is to stick to it even if have a bad day or week You'll

be less on your cruise.

Izena good job on weight loss and walking. Congrats on a new car.

Jan so glad your feeling good and everything is going well.

Day 50 of cruise only ( sob sob) 15 days left. Sorry to say think I've ate

more then I have in the past. Hope to stay the same or at least just gain a little

but will be 65 days of not cooking and eating food put right in front of me.

(or making it easy for me to grab)

Take care

• Like 2