Celebrity Virgin with question, possibly questions!!!

soapbxking

I am an Old Navy Salt and also an avid cruiser with many sailings under my belt, however, I have never sailed Celebrity.  My other sailing have bene wonderful ot be sure, but thinking I want to venture out some also!!

Without bashing, just wanting the good things..tell me why Celebrity is awesome?  First good question is what is difference between Veranda room and Concierge class?? 🙂  

Thanks in adavance!!!

On Mclass ships Concierge cabins are larger than veranda cabins.  On SClass it’s normally just a better location on the ship (aft cabin or midship at a bump out (giving you a larger balcony)

• Thanks 1

I always sail Concierge!   Perks: 

• Embarkation Day lunch in the MDR.   It's nice to be served the meal with a good glass of wine upon embarkation, instead of fighting the Oceanview Cafe crowds or paying extra for embarkation lunch at Sushi on Five. 
  • Welcome bottle of bubbly (or wine) upon request.  We like to enjoy our bubbly the first morning at sea. 
  • Daily canapes are so-so.  We request cheese and crackers instead. 
  • You may receive an invitation to sail away on the helipad at one of the ports.  
  • Dedicated Disembarkation Lounge with continental breakfast on the last day.   This is a nice way to wait for your disembarkation group number to be called.  

Enjoy Concierge! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

I always sail Concierge!   Perks: 

• Embarkation Day lunch in the MDR.   It's nice to be served the meal with a good glass of wine upon embarkation, instead of fighting the Oceanview Cafe crowds or paying extra for embarkation lunch at Sushi on Five. 
  • Welcome bottle of bubbly (or wine) upon request.  We like to enjoy our bubbly the first morning at sea. 
  • Daily canapes are so-so.  We request cheese and crackers instead. 
  • You may receive an invitation to sail away on the helipad at one of the ports.  
  • Dedicated Disembarkation Lounge with continental breakfast on the last day.   This is a nice way to wait for your disembarkation group number to be called.  

Enjoy Concierge! 

very informative, thanks!!!!

42 minutes ago, awhfy said:

On Mclass ships Concierge cabins are larger than veranda cabins.  On SClass it’s normally just a better location on the ship (aft cabin or midship at a bump out (giving you a larger balcony)

thank you!!!

1 hour ago, soapbxking said:

I am an Old Navy Salt and also an avid cruiser with many sailings under my belt, however, I have never sailed Celebrity.  My other sailing have bene wonderful ot be sure, but thinking I want to venture out some also!!

Without bashing, just wanting the good things..tell me why Celebrity is awesome?  First good question is what is difference between Veranda room and Concierge class?? 🙂  

Thanks in adavance!!!

Agree, nothing ventured, nothing gained. So I suggest you find an itinerary you like and book it. IMO, you can't go wrong with either the M or S class ships. Can't comment on E class ships as we take our first E class ship cruise in March. Select a stateroom category you usually book with the other cruise lines you cruise with. Then decide for yourself if Celebrity is awesome or not. We sleep around and like the similarities and differences between Celebrity, RC and Princess. 

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree, nothing ventured, nothing gained. So I suggest you find an itinerary you like and book it. IMO, you can't go wrong with either the M or S class ships. Can't comment on E class ships as we take our first E class ship cruise in March. Select a stateroom category you usually book with the other cruise lines you cruise with. Then decide for yourself if Celebrity is awesome or not. We sleep around and like the similarities and differences between Celebrity, RC and Princess. 

lol, awesome and thanks!!  I have heard good things from 2 friends who have sailed and it looks right up our alley for sure!!!  will def book in the future and wil research the diff class ships also!!  heading out on RC again in 30 days for a music cruise with my friends playing!!  fun fun.  Wanna do a Alaskan Princess for sure also

2 minutes ago, soapbxking said:

lol, awesome and thanks!!  I have heard good things from 2 friends who have sailed and it looks right up our alley for sure!!!  will def book in the future and wil research the diff class ships also!!  heading out on RC again in 30 days for a music cruise with my friends playing!!  fun fun.  Wanna do a Alaskan Princess for sure also

Remember your RC CAS tier level (just your tier level and not cruise points) is reciprocal with Celebrity's CC up to elite. 

• Like 1

When I fist read the title of your thread, my mind jumped to: "WHAT?! CELEBRITY PURCHASED VIRGIN"?!   🤣 😂

We had a few cruises under our belt when we decided we wanted a full 2 week cruise. The best itinerary at the time was 2 weeks on Eclipse (an S-class ship) so we booked Aqua class and had such a wonderful cruise, we booked the same cabin on the same ship with the same itinerary a year later! The Celebrity cruise was superior to the other cruise lines that we had previously sailed with - the difference was demonstrable! We have never regretted it.

Since then, we've only sailed Celebrity (always in Aqua class) and have no desire to sail with anyone else! The service, the food, the entertainment (well, sometimes it's 'meh' but never-the-less, we like it), the no smoking policy, and especially the positive attitudes of the crew have kept us returning since 2014. 

We will sail in Edge class, and in a suite, for the first time next week! I expect we will feel spoiled yet again! 

• Haha 1

I'm 70 and my DW is a few years younger, and we've been on the Edge (E class), Apex (E class), Constellation (M class), Reflection (S class) and Summit (M class) since cruising started back up. We have had a lot of fun on all of the cruises, but our Nov 2021 16-day B2B on the Apex in a SV was the most memorable with regards to ship entertainment! But rather than tell you about it, I've attached a Live From thread where I posted about it. Specifically on page 10, you'll see pictures from shows in the main theater, which highlights the Tree of Life that cost over $1 million to make, the Eden entertainment area in the back of the ship where they periodically have other shows, as well as The Club, where they have game shows and other entertainment every night and on sea days.

• Like 1

When it comes to the S class ship for us it was all about location. Solstice ship we have booked 2105 and 2107 a number of times. You have a larger balcony with overhang. Walk right out to the pool. Up one deck for Oceanview café to bring food back to the cabin. Cabin numbers are different on Reflection because Celebrity moved the pool up one deck and added more cabins/suites.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, soapbxking said:

Thanks in adavance!!!

Greetings shipmate.  

As others have said the primary difference between the Veranda and the Concierge rooms is the location, and on M-Class ships the size, with Concierge being slightly larger (~170 sq ft vs ~190 sq ft).

There are amenities for Concierge as pointed out by @Saturngrl but the number 1 reason that we sail Celebrity is for the service.  We have a number of cruises on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity but Celebrity has been our cruise line of choice recently.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RealBatman said:

When I fist read the title of your thread, my mind jumped to: "WHAT?! CELEBRITY PURCHASED VIRGIN"?!   🤣 😂

We had a few cruises under our belt when we decided we wanted a full 2 week cruise. The best itinerary at the time was 2 weeks on Eclipse (an S-class ship) so we booked Aqua class and had such a wonderful cruise, we booked the same cabin on the same ship with the same itinerary a year later! The Celebrity cruise was superior to the other cruise lines that we had previously sailed with - the difference was demonstrable! We have never regretted it.

Since then, we've only sailed Celebrity (always in Aqua class) and have no desire to sail with anyone else! The service, the food, the entertainment (well, sometimes it's 'meh' but never-the-less, we like it), the no smoking policy, and especially the positive attitudes of the crew have kept us returning since 2014. 

We will sail in Edge class, and in a suite, for the first time next week! I expect we will feel spoiled yet again! 

wow, awesome, you really sold me 🙂  pretty much sold on going already haha

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I'm 70 and my DW is a few years younger, and we've been on the Edge (E class), Apex (E class), Constellation (M class), Reflection (S class) and Summit (M class) since cruising started back up. We have had a lot of fun on all of the cruises, but our Nov 2021 16-day B2B on the Apex in a SV was the most memorable with regards to ship entertainment! But rather than tell you about it, I've attached a Live From thread where I posted about it. Specifically on page 10, you'll see pictures from shows in the main theater, which highlights the Tree of Life that cost over $1 million to make, the Eden entertainment area in the back of the ship where they periodically have other shows, as well as The Club, where they have game shows and other entertainment every night and on sea days.

wow, thanks so much, will take  a look at home this evening 😉

1 minute ago, soapbxking said:

wow, thanks so much, will take  a look at home this evening 😉

If you're interested, I also have a Live From thread covering the Celebrity Summit B2B cruise we took this past August to Canada, Greenland and Iceland, and back (see below signature area). On that cruise we were in an aft-facing Aqua cabin where we ate dinner in their Blu restaurant, which is only available to folks booked in an Aqua cabin.

• Like 1

We have been sailing since 1995 and our second cruise was on the Celebrity Mercury.  Back then Celebrity's motto was "Exceeding Expectations".  They always live up to that slogan and their crew always go above and beyond for whatever the passenger needs.  The overall ambiance of the ship is quiet and classy.  One Captain's announcement per day.  No announcements all day long.  Live music in the atrium and numerous spots and have had string quartets play in the dining room.  Entertainment is abundant and more refined.  Needless to say, Celebrity is our favorite cruise line and we look forward to enjoying the retreat on Reflection next month.

• Like 1