Coral Princess

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

Given time, there is sure to be a site devoted to logging successful bids.

As to outbidding, if $150 is considered a reasonable bid, bid a number like $156. No guarantees, but you will pip anyone bidding $150. The downside is that these are not silent auctions. If nobody else bids, you still pay your price, not the minimum price.

I realise that we will pay what we bid if we 'win' the bid even if we are the only bidder. I had put in an 'odd' figure for the reason you mention. We will wait and see but I don't expect to be successful with my bid because there are no spare cabins. It all depends on a cancellation.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

... I don't expect to be successful with my bid because there are no spare cabins. It all depends on a cancellation.

Or your bid could be part of a chain of bids, ie, inside going to window because window going to balcony because balcony going to mini suite etc etc.

Another possibility is that the "upgrade" could simply be same cabin but what Princess consider to be a location upgrade. 🛳

Edited by Jean C

53 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Or your bid could be part of a chain of bids, ie, inside going to window because window going to balcony because balcony going to mini suite etc etc.

Another possibility is that the "upgrade" could simply be same cabin but what Princess consider to be a location upgrade. 🛳

The upgrade won't just be a location upgrade. We have a BD balcony. If I could, I would have bid on a BA balcony (better location), but that option wasn't available. We could bid on a premium balcony, a mini-suite or a suite, with different dollar amounts for each.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jean C said:

You don't bid on just an upgrade per se, you bid on a different cabin classes. We're booked in a balcony cabin so got the option to bid on a minisuite, a club class minisuite, or a suite. We have friends joining the ship for the final Melbourne to Sydney few days so didn't want club class dining so the only bid I put in was for the regular minisuite.  All the options are currently sold out so it will depend on cancellations. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The upgrade won't just be a location upgrade. We have a BD balcony. If I could, I would have bid on a BA balcony (better location), but that option wasn't available. We could bid on a premium balcony, a mini-suite or a suite, with different dollar amounts for each.  

Aha, you can tell I haven't encountered the bid system yet. Good to know the ins and outs of it so thank you (and @OzKiwiJJ). Two upcoming cruises later this year so if we're offered to bid for an upgrade we'll know the ropes 🥳

1 minute ago, Jean C said:

Aha, you can tell I haven't encountered the bid system yet. Good to know the ins and outs of it so thank you (and @OzKiwiJJ). Two upcoming cruises later this year so if we're offered to bid for an upgrade we'll know the ropes 🥳

Its quite easy. There is a 'slider' where you can choose how many dollar you want to bid and a diagram that indicates whether it is a weak or strong bid.

• Thanks 1