wonder 7 nights western caribbean, lobster night confusion

firts

just noticed while looking at new MDR menus on App for april 2023 western cruise that lobster night is on day 7 .

But that doesn't make sense to me. Sea days are on 4 and 7. Any info would be appreciated because we are trying to schedule a specialty restaurant

that does not fall on lobster night.

I just looked in app for 7 day in March and saw the MDR menu didn't have any lobster night.  Also it closely resembles some of the menu posted but not exactly.  There is no Indian dish on it and the Vegan selections are in a separate section

Maybe it is too early and still working kinks out on the menu on the app?

1 hour ago, firts said:

just noticed while looking at new MDR menus on App for april 2023 western cruise that lobster night is on day 7 .

But that doesn't make sense to me. Sea days are on 4 and 7. Any info would be appreciated because we are trying to schedule a specialty restaurant

Dining menus are not accurate that far in advance. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, firts said:

MDR dates will be unreliable until you are close to cruise date. We didn't rely on them until week of cruise. 

New fleet wide menu, it will be "The Royal Night" menu, usually day 5, or dress your best or formal night, it is just a broil lobster tail, under the new menu, additional lobster tail is $16.99. 

If this is the same size as the old lobster tail (3 to 4 oz) than most people will need to order another entre. 

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm just confused on why lobster night is so popular.

It is something different from the regular dinner fare for a great majority of the population. I grew up as a diver in South Florida, so bugs were on the regular menu at my house. But very few non-divers had any clue how to cook them, or would bother other than in a restaurant. And I suspect they are a little harder to come by once you get away from the east coast. I even look forward to a few lobsters on lobster night. 

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Dining menus are not accurate that far in advance. 

True.  I have two cruises booked, but neither is immediate.  Looking at the app, my months-away cruise still shows the old menus, while my year-away cruise shows just the kiddie menu.  

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm just confused on why lobster night is so popular.

Lots of people like lobster, it's considered an upscale food, and most of us don't really know how to cook it.  Why put down something other people like, even if it's not to your taste?  

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Every grocery store has lobster tails

True -- I just bought fish from the freezer section this morning, and I noted lobster tails -- a pack of two was $20.  Not terrifically expensive, but if you don't really know how to cook them, it's a bit of a risk.  A lot of people would rather buy something they KNOW they can cook -- like a steak -- for the same money.  

17 hours ago, firts said:

My 7 Day March 2023 Eastern cruise on the Wonder also shows Royal Night (Lobster Night) on Day 7 which is our Coco Cay day. But, the menus are not fully loaded as it is only showing the Kids Menu on Day 5. So, I'm just waiting and checking back.

It's not really about the lobster, just the menu in general, trying to decide which night(s) to go to a Specialy Restaurant.

19 hours ago, firts said:

How long is your cruise? It is typical of RCL for the lobster night to be on the second "formal/dress your best" night. This is typically the last sea day on a 7, 8 or 9 night cruise, but not the last night. So if on an eight night with 7 and 8 being sea days it would be on night 7. Not sure how it falls on 10 night or longer. (I've been on multiple 8-9 nights, never longer though).