No more prime rib?

kevin1551

37 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Must disagree.

In both 2018 and 2019 RCL enjoyed just under $2B in earnings and $3.5B in operating cash flow.  The difference between earnings and cash flow is mostly add back of $1.2B in depreciation, a non-cash expense.  These results included interest expense of just under $300 million.  So interest expense was covered many times by both earnings and cash flow.

With more berths available thanks to fleet additions if RCL is able to get back to their 2019 profit margin they should be able to cover their current $1.4B annual interest expense bill with a sizeable amount left over for debt repayment.  There is no need to pay it all off in 10 years, an asset-heavy company like RCL isn't expected to be debt-free and they can always aid the process by issuing stock. 

How much would an E class ship sell for?  There is an easy solution to this problem.

1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

How much would an E class ship sell for?  There is an easy solution to this problem.

You'd have to find someone that wanted to buy one. Each E-class ship cost was only  about $1B new.  Probably worth a lot less now.  You could sell all of the E-class ships and that would barely make a dent in their debt.

This is disheartening.  I sail on the Equinox in 2 weeks.  I just reviewed the menus on the app. What a disappointment!  I paid way more for this cruise than ever before and just before we sail they take away many of my favorites.  What's left is a very poor selection of cheaper meals.  I'll try to keep an open mind but I'm not happy.  ARE YOU LISTENING CELEBRITY??  DO YOU CARE?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

The E Class ships are what is setting Celebrity apart from the competition especially with the Retreat. After our Equinox cruise in June, we do not want to cruise in anything other than E Class because of the Retreat product, but X is doing their best to price us out of that product.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LiveToCruise99 said:

This is disheartening.  I sail on the Equinox in 2 weeks.  I just reviewed the menus on the app. What a disappointment!  I paid way more for this cruise than ever before and just before we sail they take away many of my favorites.  What's left is a very poor selection of cheaper meals.  I'll try to keep an open mind but I'm not happy.  ARE YOU LISTENING CELEBRITY??  DO YOU CARE?

No they are now being run by a bean counter and the bottom line is all that matters now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LiveToCruise99 said:

I sent a couple of e-mails to LLP's office over a week ago and I never heard back...

2 minutes ago, LiveToCruise99 said:

Looks to me like you need to have your large meal of the day at lunch in the OVC and then grab a hamburger at the Mast Grill before it closes in the evening and maybe a salad from the OVC.  No need to go to the MDR with these selections.

1 hour ago, patty1955 said:

The prime rib on our Oct cruise wasn't good enough to want it on our next cruise. It was about 1/2 inch thick and sitting in a pool of some generic sauce/gravy. 

PXL_20221015_223810996.jpg

That looks worse than what we get at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant for $24 per plate. Is that shriveled up looking lump in the back a Potatoe?

Edited by terrydtx

I'm sailing on Beyond next Sunday, Jan. 22.  Prior to all the changes I was planning on booking a future cruise while I was on board. That's no longer the case.  I think there is better value out there right now. I was thinking of booking a Fall 24 transatlantic on Silhouette but Virgin Voyages transatlantic is now looking more appealing.  Even Silver Seas has some itineraries for solo sailors that are better priced than a comparable Celebrity cruise. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, LiveToCruise99 said:

ExecutiveOffice@celebrity.com 

1 hour ago, patty1955 said:

The prime rib on our Oct cruise wasn't good enough to want it on our next cruise. It was about 1/2 inch thick and sitting in a pool of some generic sauce/gravy. 

PXL_20221015_223810996.jpg

If you want a thicker piece, just fold it over on it's self, ask for some horseradish and don't eat the baked potato.  

Edited by davekathy

24 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The E Class ships are what is setting Celebrity apart from the competition especially with the Retreat. After our Equinox cruise in June, we do not want to cruise in anything other than E Class because of the Retreat product, but X is doing their best to price us out of that product.

We had a suite on the Apex last Jan and window on Edge and again on the Apex for the transatlantic last spring. We were in a Suite on the Summit in Dec. What we paid for our suites back then for TWO of us was 30% less than what they get now for a Sky 3. 

Since they are getting so much for suites, perhaps they will retrofit the Edge class with more suites. I liked it because of Eden. I didn't like the location of Lumenae and wasn't thrilled with the Lumenae menu. The lounge was nice, but I felt bad that those ladies had to stand all the time. You  had to look to find it.

I really liked the jogging track.

We were back on the Millie in a veranda, our first X ship over 10 years ago, and she looks great. We will be back on her on Feb 3. The staff was exceptional. Be sure to stop by Cellar Masters. They have a complete bar and great staff, especially Marren. 

Being on the smaller ship was nice for a change, but I wish the would replace La Pettit Chef with a real restaurant. 

I understand they want newbies because they buy the photos and T-shirts etc, but the return customers spend their money on quality products such as decent specialty restaurants, but have you seen the prices on those????

1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

And

lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com

I have not received a response back from either.

I know this one is like touching the third rail; and not saying anything about or negative towards the poster who is upset; but I have got to imagine a LOT of people get on a cruise in the next few months expecting one thing and being hit with a totally different reality. Unique and active cruise critic members is not even a drop in the bucket for the overall cruising population. I could certainly envision people not willing to pay increased service charges for decreased services/amenities/included options. IJS; Celebrity might be squarely aimed at their own feet. 

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

On the Reflection we had the Ginger crab cakes appetizer and I swear the crab came out of a can. I have bought canned crab in the stores and I know that was the same kind of crab in the cakes.

Exactly! That is why I don't understand why anyone would eat them! The quality is just not there. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

We had a suite on the Apex last Jan and window on Edge and again on the Apex for the transatlantic last spring. We were in a Suite on the Summit in Dec. What we paid for our suites back then for TWO of us was 30% less than what they get now for a Sky 3. 

Since they are getting so much for suites, perhaps they will retrofit the Edge class with more suites. I liked it because of Eden. I didn't like the location of Lumenae and wasn't thrilled with the Lumenae menu. The lounge was nice, but I felt bad that those ladies had to stand all the time. You  had to look to find it.

I really liked the jogging track.

We were back on the Millie in a veranda, our first X ship over 10 years ago, and she looks great. We will be back on her on Feb 3. The staff was exceptional. Be sure to stop by Cellar Masters. They have a complete bar and great staff, especially Marren. 

Being on the smaller ship was nice for a change, but I wish the would replace La Pettit Chef with a real restaurant. 

I understand they want newbies because they buy the photos and T-shirts etc, but the return customers spend their money on quality products such as decent specialty restaurants, but have you seen the prices on those????

I hear what you are saying. In February of last year, we booked our 12-day New Zealand cruise in a Sky Suite on the Edge for Jan 2024. Today the same Sky Suite on that cruise is $2000pp more than we booked and is a 40% increase. If we were booking this cruise today, it would not be on Celebrity.

17 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I know this one is like touching the third rail; and not saying anything about or negative towards the poster who is upset; but I have got to imagine a LOT of people get on a cruise in the next few months expecting one thing and being hit with a totally different reality. Unique and active cruise critic members is not even a drop in the bucket for the overall cruising population. I could certainly envision people not willing to pay increased service charges for decreased services/amenities/included options. IJS; Celebrity might be squarely aimed at their own feet. 

I agree.  Their expectations will be up here and Celebrity will not meet them.

At least being on Cruise Critic I will know what to expect and I can adjust accordingly.  I can either lower my expectations or pay more for better food and services.  I tend to want to do the latter,  but I am waiting for specialty booking to show up for my cruise.

Edited by NMTraveller

3 hours ago, Pinboy said:

I shoot 59 on every round— sometimes by the 11 th hole, sometimes by the etc etc — 

“ tour “— the last tour I was on was in Limon — 10 hrs looking at bananas and the rare sloth + 1.5 hrs of our tour guide “ buttering “ us up for a tip!!!

☺️...At least you get to the 11th!  7 more holes for 28 strokes gives you 87!  Not bad at all.  BTW...isn't that Sloth Tour something else?  As a bonus, we had the pleasure of a bug invasion when the 'boat' got caught in the mud.