Third person can't go

Good morning! My brother booked a cruise on Wonder for this coming April and the final payment is not due until the 30th of this month.
The room was supposed to be for him, his wife, and teenage son, but now his son changed his mind and is not going on this cruise .
Would Royal put them in the central park balcony for 2 and revise the price if they update the occupancy? I checked the website and it seems that the price for 2 people now is pretty much the same as the price they booked for 3 people. Should he just leave the reservation as is and get the tax & port fee refunded when his son "no shows" for the cruise?
Thank you.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I would leave him or replace him.

Let him be a no show if there is no savings. His taxes will be refunded later if he doesn't show.

Thank you. I do have another question. How about pre-pay gratuity, will it refund to him as well ?

Edited by Moon Orchid

Could someone explain more about this 'no show' option?  We have a case of a break up in our party that may or may not last...  I assume putting the adult son in with the parents and canceling his whole room makes more financial sense than leaving the reservation as is (two person ocean balcony, Harmony) and the girlfriend no showing, correct?  Are there any penalties for no showing?? What do you say?

Yes, all port fees, taxes, prepaid gratuities, and CP purchases are refunded to original form of payment.  Due to the fact that cabins may be repriced to current prices if a passenger cancels, it is often cheaper to  eat the no show’s cruise fare than to cancel ahead of time.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Katems75 said:

Could someone explain more about this 'no show' option?  We have a case of a break up in our party that may or may not last...  I assume putting the adult son in with the parents and canceling his whole room makes more financial sense than leaving the reservation as is (two person ocean balcony, Harmony) and the girlfriend no showing, correct?  Are there any penalties for no showing?? What do you say?

I am new to this too, but from what I read and get the advices on this board is that if the third person "No shows" on the boarding day, they will refund tax + port fees +pre-pay gratuity back to you. And maybe you say " He or she did not come today "
Perhaps someone else can step in and answer your question more clearly ☺️

Edited by Moon Orchid

12 minutes ago, Moon Orchid said:

I am new to this too, but from what I read and get the advices on this board is that if the third person "No shows" on the boarding day, they will refund tax + port fees +pre-pay gratuity back to you. And maybe you say " He or she did not come today "
Perhaps someone else can step in and answer your question more clearly ☺️

You don't need to say anything to anyone about the "no show"...No one will ask and no one in the terminal or onboard cares.

The refunds that will be automatically refunded will go back to the credit card that made the final payment. Or at least this is what we've experienced.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Ashland said:

You don't need to say anything to anyone about the "no show"...No one will ask and no one in the terminal or onboard cares.

The refunds that will be automatically refunded will go back to the credit card that made the final payment. Or at least this is what we've experienced.

Thank you. I will let my brother know.☺️

• Like 1

So are you saying that if a person is not able to make the cruise, RCL will refund the money for that cruise?  What happens if there is a weather issue and we cannot make the cruise, do they issue a refund or give a credit?  Thanks.

6 minutes ago, kbtb said:

So are you saying that if a person is not able to make the cruise, RCL will refund the money for that cruise?  What happens if there is a weather issue and we cannot make the cruise, do they issue a refund or give a credit?  Thanks.

They are only issuing a refund for the port fees and taxes...not the cruise fare. 

If you miss the cruise for any reason you will only get the port fees and taxes back.  Your insurance woukd cover the rest....if you purchased insurance, if not you are out the money. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 5