Are the extra charges true?

Ridget

On another forum they are saying unless you are in a suite, they are charging $9.95 a day plus tip for room service and extra if you want a second lobster tail during dinner (their example). Say it ain’t so!

10 minutes ago, breadandbutter said:

Someone just posted a you tube review,, about all of the cuts  take a look at it. 

Title of thread is......

Awful state of ocean view cafe

Not coming up for me even after I changed the filter to the most recent upload date...Perhaps list the channel name and/or double check the title

13 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks, that's what I get for skimming.  Turns out I follow them on youtube and skipped over it because it's just about 19mins long...

It is very detailed.  But it gives the best view of the OVC buffet in the evenings that I have seen.  It also details all of the fee increases.

I think that the only thing that it is missing is the reduction in MDR choices.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Not coming up for me even after I changed the filter to the most recent upload date...Perhaps list the channel name and/or double check the title

Sorry I didn't explain that very well.

The YouTube clip is in a thread on here, called Awful state of ocean view cafe

• Thanks 1

The room service charge is not per day.  It is per order, if you don’t order room service you don’t pay.  
If you order lunch for the cabin it is $9.95 +20%. If you order dinner that is another $9.95+ charge.  The exception is that for continental breakfast there is no charge.  
The charge does not apply to Suites.

2 hours ago, Ridget said:

On another forum they are saying unless you are in a suite, they are charging $9.95 a day plus tip for room service and extra if you want a second lobster tail during dinner (their example). Say it ain’t so!

Respectfully, there have been several threads discussing these topics in depth that would have answered your questions had you looked at the topics on the first page or two.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was very respectful. Before creating a new topic, it really helps to see if something is there already. Otherwise you are asking people to rewrite explanations--in this case, literally hundreds of posts have talked about the charges.

• Like 3

I am on the edge right now. There is a 9.95 delivery fee for room service, but..there is more then continental for free. Cereal, coffee, fruit, danish, yogurt, muffins, croissants, milk, juice, the 9.95 is basically for a cooked breakfast. 
All dinner and lunch there seems to be a charge.

I am a long time celebrity cruiser and will probably not book with celebrity again not because of the restaurant fee but everything else that is so noticeably cut back. 

I am sure 1st time cruisers are enjoying this cruise as the don’t know any different, maybe that is celebrity’s wishes I don’t know, 

the dining room experience is so downgraded but the rooftop grill was great.

service has been pretty bad in the dining room also.

• Like 1