75 percent off deal over tonight or in two days?

Eli_6

I got an offer for 75 percent off a second guest plus $400 OBC in a semi-annual sale.  This seems like a good deal. (Is it?)  My email says it ends in 2 days, 5 hours but when I click on the link, it says it is over in only 5 hours...basically tonight.  I am waiting to hear back form my kids' principal on the spring break dates for 2024 before I book to make sure I book the correct week. (Basically, I am booking an 11 day cruise to Egypt and Israel that will have them miss a couple of days of school and also encompass the week of spring break, but I want to make sure I definitely get their week of spring break in there or otherwise they will miss two weeks of school.  They go to a private, Christian school so I don't think they will have an issue with them missing to go to Galilee, Nazareth, Jerusalem, etc.) 

Does anyone know when this deal ends? Or will another one simply take its place?

How did you get this offer???? 🙄

Look on Celebrity’s website.   It has been going on for a long time 

You TA is fishing for business thru a marketing ploy from Celebrity. 

Do as was suggested in post #2.  

Be aware that there are 2 prices.  One is for a refundable deposit and the other for non refundable.   The non refundable charges a $100 service fee pp and the rest is given for a future cruise credit if the cruise is canceled.   You have to weight the options as the refundable rate may cost up to $1000 more pp.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

I am not using my TA.  I have a TA, but going through her has, in the past, only caused me more trouble than using her was worth. I would prefer to just book on my own and have direct access to my booking rather than have a middle man.  I have just been monitoring my email promotions from Celebrity. I have not cruised with them before, but I did book one that was canceled due to Covid.  I am looking at a sailing itinerary (Athens to Egypt, etc.) not offered by the cruise line I normally sail with, so I am not a "Celebrity" expert. (Celebrity does not sail out of my home port of Galveston.)  However, I am an experienced cruiser and I know CC can be a valuable resource. That is why I am asking the question.

Further, in one prior instance when I considered booking Celebrity, I got a Kids Sail Free in the same cabin offer (or maybe a 3rd and 4th guest sail free in the same cabin) and *did* expire so that was why I was concerned in this instance.  I ended up not booking the cruise because the price jumped up significantly.  Because this one has been going on awhile and I have this past experience, I was genuinely concerned about it expiring before I could find out information from the school.  It appears that my email (rather than the website) was correct as I still have time on the booking as of this morning. 

17 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I got an offer for 75 percent off a second guest plus $400 OBC in a semi-annual sale.  This seems like a good deal. (Is it?)  My email says it ends in 2 days, 5 hours but when I click on the link, it says it is over in only 5 hours...basically tonight.  I am waiting to hear back form my kids' principal on the spring break dates for 2024 before I book to make sure I book the correct week. (Basically, I am booking an 11 day cruise to Egypt and Israel that will have them miss a couple of days of school and also encompass the week of spring break, but I want to make sure I definitely get their week of spring break in there or otherwise they will miss two weeks of school.  They go to a private, Christian school so I don't think they will have an issue with them missing to go to Galilee, Nazareth, Jerusalem, etc.) 

Does anyone know when this deal ends? Or will another one simply take its place?

Their school should have a web site with that information, so no need to wait!  You can also put a cabin on hold, so not an issue.  This sale has been going and going forever.

Edited by Lastdance

7 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Their school should have a web site with that information, so no need to wait!  You can also put a cabin on hold, so not an issue.  This sale has been going and going forever.

It's a little early for the 2023-2024 school calendar to be finalized and out in most places.

• Like 1