What to do in Montserrat

fedexretiree

My friend and I will be boarding the Star Pride on Saturday and 1 of our stops is in Montserrat.  We aren't hikers and I'm not sure if going to the volcano is something that we are interested in doing either.  Any suggestions?  Reading about the island it doesn't appear that there is a beach nearby where we land.  Is there shopping? Is the botanical garden worth seeing 

You should definitely do the tour of the buried city.  Well worth it.  However had you already done it, you are right, there isn't much else to do.  There are a few beaches but many are not easily accessible.  I remember we had lunch on the way back from volcano and there was a small but nice beach next to the restaurant we were at.  The island is very lush and green and undeveloped which can be nice for a change

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Misty Morning said:

You should definitely do the tour of the buried city.  Well worth it.  However had you already done it, you are right, there isn't much else to do.  There are a few beaches but many are not easily accessible.  I remember we had lunch on the way back from volcano and there was a small but nice beach next to the restaurant we were at.  The island is very lush and green and undeveloped which can be nice for a change

Thank you for the confirmation. We have booked this tour on our upcoming cruise next month.

We are on the Star Pride right now and were unable to visit Montserrat yesterday due to high waves making it impossible to board the tenders.  The captain motored to St. Kitts instead.  The crew quickly arranged some alternate excursions for St. Kitts.

9 hours ago, Denise2100 said:

We are on the Star Pride right now and were unable to visit Montserrat yesterday due to high waves making it impossible to board the tenders.  The captain motored to St. Kitts instead.  The crew quickly arranged some alternate excursions for St. Kitts.

Wow.  Sorry to hear that but at least you got to go to St. Kitts.  I love going to Carambola Beach Club there.  How have the Seas been during your trip in general?

Agree, Carambola is a terrific beach. We got to go there twice on the Christmas Cruise because we had to skip St. Barts due to swells. The water was really not choppy but in certain places there were swells. Happy Sailing

On 1/18/2023 at 5:51 PM, Denise2100 said:

And this is not unusual. No stops in Monserrat yet this season.

57 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

And this is not unusual. No stops in Monserrat yet this season.

When we stopped in Montserrat several years ago on the Legend, we not only had quiet seas but the winds were blowing in the direction which allowed us a clear view of the top of the volcano. Apparently, that is rare.1011959698_L1010793(2).thumb.JPG.8894a508eaf47382d02cb4abc8a62b74.JPG 

Edited by ridethetide
  • Like 1