Move Up Sky Suite Assignment Question

BeachTunes

Thanks for everyone's insight and advice here so far! We're counting down the days to our March cruise on Millie! 

We're currently in an assigned A1 Aqua Class stateroom and have put in a Move Up bid to a Sky Suite. I see that there appears to be only one Sky Suite on deck 6 available at the present along with around 6 Accessible Sky Suites on other decks available. 

I'm wondering if Celebrity would assign an accessible stateroom to someone who doesn't need the amenities? To be honest, I am not a fan of the bathrooms in the Accessible Sky Suites on Millennium from what I have seen as the sink storage space is limited, they don't have a bathtub and have a shower with a curtain. I know, know, this is a problem of privilege! I'm sure we would really enjoy the rest of the suite, Retreat and Luminae, but I'm wondering if the bathroom set up would disappoint given our circumstances. (I feel like a bit of a heel even asking about this!) I like the room location we have currently and have enjoyed Blu in the past so I'm weighing the pros and cons of keeping the upgrade offer. The price I've bid is within our means. And who really spends a lot of time in the bathroom while cruising? (Well, I usually do getting ready in the evenings! LOL)

I must share that I have a great deal of respect for those who travel with mobility devices and physical challenges. I'm hoping Celebrity reserves at least a few accessible staterooms per cruise for any last minute travellers who truly need them. 💙

Edited by BeachTunes
Corrected a type-o.

It is likely you will be assigned a accessible Sky Suite.   We were assigned an accessible SS and we have cruised with others who were also assigned accessible  suites via Move up.

Move Up bids are after final payment and new staterooms are assigned very close to sailing date so it is unlikely that these suites would be filled by new bookings.

• Like 1

Thank you @jelayne! That is good to know so we can be prepared for whatever upgrade we are granted, if any at all. I'm sure I can do my makeup at the desk and just won't pack the bubble bath. 😉 

I think we will keep our offer as the Retreat and Luminae would be an excellent experience if our bid is accepted.

Please feel welcome to share any thoughts on the room, if you like! 🙂

Edited by BeachTunes

10 minutes ago, BeachTunes said:

Thanks for everyone's insight and advice here so far! We're counting down the days to our March cruise on Millie! 

We're currently in an assigned A1 Aqua Class stateroom and have put in a Move Up bid to a Sky Suite. I see that there appears to be only one Sky Suite on deck 6 available at the present along with around 6 Accessible Sky Suites on other decks available. 

I'm wondering if Celebrity would assign an accessible stateroom to someone who doesn't need the amenities? To be honest, I am not a fan of the bathrooms in the Accessible Sky Suites on Millennium from what I have seen as the sink storage space is limited, they don't have a bathtub and have a shower with a curtain. I know, know, this is a problem of privilege! I'm sure we would really enjoy the rest of the suite, Retreat and Luminae, but I'm wondering if the bathroom set up would disappoint given our circumstances. (I feel like a bit of a heel even asking about this!) I like the room location we have currently and have enjoyed Blu in the past so I'm weighing the pros and cons of keeping the upgrade offer. The price I've bid is within our means. And who really spends a lot of time in the bathroom while cruising? (Well, I usually do getting ready in the evenings! LOL)

I must share that I have a great deal of respect for those who travel with mobility devices and physical challenges. I'm hoping Celebrity reserves at least a few accessible staterooms per cruise for any last minute traveler who truly need them. 💙

There is no guarantee that that would be the room you would receive.  Just for your info the Sky suites are lovely on the Millennium except for a couple of things. The patio furniture was the most uncomfortable that I have ever sat on & the shower is in the bathtub which is very easy to get in but the floor is a lot lower to get out, so the accessible might fit the bill.  Also sky suites don’t have a full length mirror in the rooms they are actually on either side of the door entrance.  Lots of room though.

Edited by If only
  • Like 1

I've been assigned accessible rooms a couple of times -  recently I had a SS Guaranatee and another on a move up bid.    Celebrity would not be assigning them if they had a guest that requested on.  

They aren't my favorite.

• Like 1

@Jim_IainI appreciate your input and honest feedback. If only the bid for a Royal Suite was significantly lower. 😉 

PS: I loved your live reports from the Solstice last month. We haven't cruised with Celebrity since 2015 so I enjoyed the refresher!

Edited by BeachTunes